Passing 30lbs down - plenty more to go!

I’ve never shared anything like this before, but I’ve been finding this community really helpful, so I wanted to.

I have PCOS and am trying to lose a good amount of weight to improve my future chances of conceiving. I’m trying hard to do things sensibly this time, although it’s hard. I have a tendency to extremes. But anyway, here goes! I’m trying on the same size dress (different colour and sleeves) that I did about 3 months ago. 30lbs down and at least the same again left to lose.

It feels really nice to feel nicer in clothes and not to be so worried everything won’t fit. It’s scary, too. I really hope I can continue and meet my goal and then maintain a healthy weight. It’s been really hard at times in some ways, although not as awful as it’s been in the past.

cuv52btp0aly.jpeg

Replies

• mathdad41
    mathdad41 Posts: 119 Member
    Well done! Best of luck
  • bronaghCPM
    bronaghCPM Posts: 26 Member
    Amazing progress, congrats!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Great job!!
  • jls1leather9497
    jls1leather9497 Posts: 90 Member
    👍
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Congratulations!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Well done!!! Thats a great and very noticeable difference!! Best wishes to you when you do start trying to conceive! My friend had (has?) PCOS and is now pregnant with baby #3 so it is possible!

Also - that denim dress is super cute!! Where were you at?
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Awesome job!
  • Misskittyfantastico
    Misskittyfantastico Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you so much! I don’t know if you’re in the US, but the dress is in a UK shop called ‘Seasalt’. I’m not sure if it’s just UK based?

Silly as it may seem, it’s nice to have some external validation on something like this. It’s hard not to obsess on your current imperfections even as you look back on a decent amount of weight loss. I think that’s what prompted me to post, probably. Feeling like I wanted some perspective from the community!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    You look fantastic. Great job!
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Congrats and good luck. It totally feels good to know clothes will fit. Not sure where the fear part comes in... hugs to you.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited March 2019
    You look great!! That's fantastic progress in 3 months, your hard work shows!
  • Misskittyfantastico
    Misskittyfantastico Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you!! I feel like people notice. It’s so hard isn’t it? I feel like I want people to notice I have lost weight in a way because it makes it feel real and not in my mind. But it’s scary, too. Makes me feel like ugh that means they notice how big I am/was too!!
  • oneillm45
    oneillm45 Posts: 44 Member
    Well done. I can definitely see a big change!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!