"H20" 70 Days Til Halloween - Week 1 & 2

Options
"H20" 70 Days Til Halloween Challenge
"Let the pounds 'fall' off"

Welcome! To those of you who haven't been a part of the "H20" group, you are welcomed to join. Both Ladies & Gents. We are a group of lovely Ladies. I started "H20" ONE year ago.. HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY to H20 & all the members who have followed all along!! Join in at any time!! :)

stop-making-excuses-300x225.jpg

How many out there are in need of some re-direction with the weight loss? Lost interest? Fell off the Bandwagon?

Tired of making up excuses? Well, now is the time to pick yourself up and dust off your knees. No more sitting around wishing you would start losing weight. No more sitting there dwelling on what you aren't doing. Many of us have busy schedules, and make that our "scape goat" to losing weight. That scape goat has died, and now its time to move on. Get up off your *kitten* and do something about your not losing weight. Who is in control of you? YOU are. What are you doing to prevent yourself from, being and doing everything you possibly can. Do you want to feel good about yourself? And love yourself, again or even for the first time ever. Well now is the time to do exactly that. Are you sick of people staring at you, or putting you down, because of your weight? or maybe because of your insecurities? You don't have to go thru that. You can change all of that if YOU want to. Are you ready to be proud of the person you are? You first must start working on you, your self-esteem, and self worth. No more making excuses for not getting up and moving. Watch those Calories, ect. Take vitamins,(NOT DIET AIDS, they aren't good for you). Drink your H20, and get your *kitten* up off that couch, or chair, away from the computer and workout. 30 minutes of continuous exercise. Get that heart pumping, and start sweating.

weight-scale.jpg
Weigh ins: Weigh ins will be every two weeks. Weigh yourself today, and then your next weigh in wont be until, september 5th, you can choose to weigh yourself, but you dont have to put your weight in until two weeks.

I'm going to have Pinky get the spread sheet ready for us. :) ill have her post when its ready..

girl.jpg
Walking Challenge: Over the duration of the next 10 weeks, we will be doing a Walking Challenge that will continue until the end of the 10 weeks. In the next 10 weeks, I Challenge you to walk/run 150 Miles. The 150 miles, will be "extra" exercise, not including the walking you may do at work. This amounts to 15 miles a week. I will be checking up on everyone through out the duration of this challenge. Lets kick some pavement. :smile:

crunches.jpg
Crunches & Lunges Challenge: Over the duration of the next 10 weeks, we will doing a Crunches & Lunges Challenge that will continue until the end of the 10 weeks. In the next 10 weeks, I challenge you to do 1000 crunches & 1000 Lunges. It amounts to 100 a week. I will be checking up on everyone through out the duration of this challenge. Lets do this!

Challenges for WEEKS 1 & 2

Challenge 1: Try a new food, or recipe. Is there something you've been debating on trying, well try it. Or a recipe, that you make all the time, but want to try to substitute it with something healthier? Do it. Add some color to your diet.

Challenge 2: Treat yourself. To a pedicure, manicure, a new shirt, something for YOU!

Challenge 3: Try or retry a workout DVD. Repeat 3 times over the next 2 weeks.

As always: remember your daily 3 positive things. You may list them if you'd like.

Quote of the Week:
p90x-goals.jpg

Did you know : Just 5 minutes gardening improves both self-esteem & mood. (tending to a patch of earth can make you more tranquil, generous, and hopeful)

h20halloween.jpg

Here is the graphic i put together for the challenge, if you want to add it to your signature line.
h20halloween.jpg make the IMG before and after lowercase.

What do you want to achieve, as far as weight loss & personal goals? What can you do to make sure you DO achieve them?
Don't forget to add your starting weight & set a goal weight for the duration of this challenge. :)

Im happy to be back in this with you ladies. I can't wait to see what I have in me. Im beginning a journey, that will change my life forever. I hope to make all of you a part of that change. Maybe in the future, all of us H20 ladies can set up a "meeting" somewhere, and finally meet in person. Maybe once most of us hit our goals. :) I love you ladies as family & I'm happy to have you be apart of my life.

I hope you all enjoy these Challenges. Heres to the next 2 weeks. Next set of Challenges will start Monday September 5th. Until then.. April Val.

The website is back up and running.. visit. join if you havent yet. www.teamh20.webs.com

Replies

• jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am totally in =] Idk my starting weight yet.. I havent weighed myself in forever! lol.. I will add it soon .
  • aprildauer
    aprildauer Posts: 168
    Options
    April you are so awesome with words! You make me so motivated to keep going. I will post everything later cause of now I have to go pick up my son.
  • ckriegs
    ckriegs Posts: 21
    Options
    This sounds awesome!! It looks like the kick in the pants I need to really stick to something. Just to make sure I’m understanding the challenge for the next ten weeks is:

Run/walk 150 miles
    1000 crunches
    1000 lunges

Challenges for the next two weeks:

Challenge 1: Try a new food, or recipe.
    Challenge 2: Treat yourself.
    Challenge 3: Try or retry a workout DVD. Repeat 3 times over the next 2 weeks.

As always: remember your daily 3 positive things. You may list them if you'd like.
    Sounds great! I need the encouragement ;-)
  • Chica65537
    Chica65537 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join!! What do I have to do?? I am going to do the crunches/lunges challenge for sure, but I can't do the walking/running challenge because of my feet... :)
  • violet_820
    violet_820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This is what I need to get back on track! I'm out of state visiting family right now, so I don't have my correct scale - but I will list my weight when I get home.

This week I re-tried the 30 day shred video, and started doing Bob Harper's weight loss yoga video. Both are great... will try to keep at it! I'm also looking forward to possibly purchasing a treadmill in the near future - going to try to work up to full running.

My three positive things: It's a beautiful day, I'm home visiting family, I get to start my nursing clinicals soon. :-)
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am IN! I LOVE Halloween, which is what caught my eye! What a great way to prepare for Halloween than with some fitness and food challenges!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    Does the Elliptical count as walking/running??
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options

yes it can be counted as walking/running
  • jazzy020106
    Options

yes it can be counted as walking/running

sweet!
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Will definitely be trying to walk/run 150 miles. Will try the crunches and lunges but I'm not a fan of Lunges at all. For the challenges for week 1 and 2 I will do all of them. I'm going to try to make some of the stuff we make a little healthier, Don't know how I'm going to treat myself but I will figure it out, and I started Slim in 6 today.
    My 3 positives are: Its a beautiful day, I worked out today, My son had a good day at school.
    I will post my weight tomorrow as I forgot to weigh in this morning.

I'm so glad to be back on track. To a new and bright future!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am in another challenge for halloween and I have 11lb still to lose for that, seems to big though.

My SW will be 140, going to aim for 7lb down, so 133lb will be my goal.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    April Val - thanks for the great challenge! I have been striving for 125 miles by labour day, but I'll change it to 150 by Hallowe'en. This should work with my other personal challenge where I've signed up for a 10k race on Oct 23!

Ckrlegs - we're happy to provide encouragement and/or a kick in the butt as required!

Chica65537 - You do what you can, and modify things so you can do them. If running/walking isn't for you, maybe rowing or some other cardio (biking?) that will work for you?

violet_820 - I look forward to hearing how the 30DS and the yoga videos are going for you!

khoran45 - yay for getting healthy for Hallowe'en! Do you dress up?

jazzy020106 - the elliptical sure counts because I'm not running in the hail or snow, which is a strong possibility in October where I live :smile: Glad to have you aboard!

BJ - sorry to hear that you're up and down in the range of 139-140. I do exactly the same thing around a new "decade". You're strong and you can keep on the right track!

I've already accidentally accomplished the "treat yourself" challenge! I bought 2 new suits for work (brown - so pretty! and black, plus some new tops, camis and two skirts - Christine, I got the most gorgeous dark pink top and I loved it so much I bought it in blue too!). And all the stuff was 25% off! I figured I was good, but none of my last fall's clothes fit, so some new work clothes were in order. :smile: :smile:

I'm on "vacation" this week - I'm a bridesmaid for a friend next Saturday, so I flew out early to see my family and then help her get wedding stuff together. I brought my running stuff and I'm really hoping the airline will have it for me at the other end! I'm killing time in an airport right now and trying to keep from snacking!

Airports need gyms. That's my thought today. I'd totally pay a few bucks for a workout on a 3 hour layover. Something to think about!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    I'm starting this out strong. I decided last night, over the next 18 months I am going to work towards reaching a goal, a huge goal. I'm hoping to lose 100 pound or close to 100 pounds in the next 18 months. These Challenges will keep me in tact. :)

I am doing the 150 miles. As well as the 1000 Crunches & 1000 Lunges. I need all the extra exercises I can get.

My Starting Weight is 298 (Weighed in on Wii Fit)
    My Goal Weight in 10 weeks is 270

Challenge 1: Try a new food or recipe. - Last night made tacos, and substituted the Ground beef with Ground Turkey. & Tonight, Im going to make Tuna & noodles, Im going to substitute the noodles with wheat noodles. :)

Challenge 2: I don't have to treat myself, my momma already did on Saturday. She took me and I got my very first pedicure ever.. I am soo happy she did. my feet feel sooooo much better. :) And i have pretty toenails.. :) I might treat myself soon to a set of nails.. :)

Challenge 3: Yesterday i tried Walking 1 Mile with Leslie Sansone, I love that workout.. I did it again today. Im trying to get my body used to moving around, before I give 30 Day Shred a try again. I so want to, but I need to be a little more flexible first.

My Three Positives
    + Its a beautiful day!
    + I worked out today!
    + I have the day off!

My Achievement for the next 10 weeks: To be able to run for a minute and a half at a time. To feel better about myself, but still allow myself to continue to lose weight. Stay determined. Continue to eat healthy & exercise, even when life gets busy. Always make time for ME!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Jazzy020106 - Welcome to H20, you'll love it. Looking forward, to getting to know you.

AprilD - Thank you! I think at times, I try to be so motivating, for myself. Plus I love helping others. As most should be able
    to see by now. I hope we can stay motivated together.

ckriegs - Welcome to H20, and I hope it helps you achieve your weight loss goals. We are here to support you!

Chica65537 - Welcome to H20, Add your starting weight, and then as you achieve part of the Crunches & Lunges, you can keep us updated with that..

Violet - Yay!!! :) Hope we can both get back on track, and stay on track. Let me know how 30DS goes for you. :)

khoran45 - Welcome to H20, I hope you enjoy it. And I hope you can stay with us beyond Halloween.. :) Nothing like looking good for Halloween.

BJ - Hopefully we can help you get out of that little rut you've been in for a while. I hope you can get over that hump. Were here for you as
    always. Have you tried changing it up a bit? Are you still having any issues with your health, like you were?

Alegeria - Good job on treating yourself, and I hope you have a nice vacation. As I hope your Running gear is on the other side waiting for you.
    Enjoy your time away from reality for the most part. Try not to over do anything. ;)

Ahh.. I'm all caught up now. hope everyone is having a beautiful day.. I got my workout in for the day, I feel soooo much better. :) My back and legs feel better when I'm done exercising. Which gives me all the more reason to work towards my goal. :) And as always.. I have stirred up a ruckus in here.. Im always happy to see it strive so well. Hope we can keep it going as in the past. We've hit the 1 year mark!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join?? Just got home from work and saw one of my friends got in on this!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    is it too late to join?? Just got home from work and saw one of my friends got in on this!!

Nope, its never too late to join.. Just starting.. :) Welcome to H20!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Im in, I'll post my info tomorrow
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Im in, I'll post my info tomorrow

Welcome to H20.. looking forward to getting to know you.. :) Looking forward to your post tomorrow!
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Ok I weighed in at 132.6 this morning. I am 5'2 and have like 11 more pounds to go. This is just a number that I picked by looking at the "healthy" BMI and I picked the weight right smack dab in the middle.

I am trying to get into shape for our 5 year anniversary trip to Boston, Mass next summer and then probably babies from there.

I liked this challenge because I have a 5k at the end of September, but I live in OK where we have had over 50 days of over 100 degrees this summer and it has been a GREAT excuse to not prepare for my 5k.

I think we were supposed to list some positives:
    1) I have been traveling for work all week (ok so yesterday and today so far) and I haven't cheated off of my planned day and have been under cals for 7 days in a row!
    2) My 65 pound Boxer makes pushups much more interesting when he licks your elbow every time you go 'down'.
    3) I am going to make so many new MFP friends on here to keep me on track!!

** Edit**
    My achievement for next week is to walk 4 times between right now and next Tuesday (before work). This may not sound like much but again the lowest 'high" coming up is 98, so this is going to be a huge challenge for me. :smile:
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Well I decided even though it wasnt morning to weigh in and see where I was and I was down 1.1 lbs from last week even with already having breakfast and lunch but I had also already done my workout too. Ill take it though cause Im finally out of the 190s! 188.5.