40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 15! 55#! 13 full rounds plus 6 push-up bag drags!

“P90 X3: Complex Lower”=Done!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    46, mom of 2. Works FT at an office, sitting most of the day (sigh) works out twice a week at OTF, once a week at power yoga and rest of the time at home doing elliptical and weights.
    Looking to tone up, lose body fat rather than weight. Any advice?
    I eat pretty healthy. 5.1, 116.
    Thx💪🏻👍🏻
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    46, mom of 2. Works FT at an office, sitting most of the day (sigh) works out twice a week at OTF, once a week at power yoga and rest of the time at home doing elliptical and weights.
    Looking to tone up, lose body fat rather than weight. Any advice?
    I eat pretty healthy. 5.1, 116.
    Thx💪🏻👍🏻

Progressive overload on the weights. Always be striving to add weight or reps or sets. What is your specific weight routine?

Good info on losing fat and gaining muscle in this thread. Ask these folks.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

• Tracyh140
    Tracyh140 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

My name is Tracy and I turned 44 in February. Hoping to lose my last 6 lbs and seems like I am always looking to tone up my mid-section a little bit. HHD!
  • AmyBethTN
    AmyBethTN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all! AmyBeth here...44, mom of 5 and Grandma of 6!!! Started the gym in October of last year, and now that it’s become a good habit and I have gained strength and a routine, I am focusing on my calories better to see the scale number go down.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options

Progressive overload on the weights. Always be striving to add weight or reps or sets. What is your specific weight routine?

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

[/quote]

When at OTF, I use 12 lbs and more. At home, 10 lb dumbbells and 15 lbs kettlebell.

I checked out the thread but I don’t understand?😅 I need to study this!
    I need help😬
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

When at OTF, I use 12 lbs and more. At home, 10 lb dumbbells and 15 lbs kettlebell.

I checked out the thread but I don’t understand?😅 I need to study this!
    I need help😬

Will send you a PM so as not to derail this thread.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 16! 55#! Rough time getting started today. Weather app guilted me into doing the runs outside.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Arms”=Done!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Upper body day yesterday... Sore shoulder as per usual... Getting "older" is awesome... :(

uyms2vuy3j4d.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 17! 55#. Did the runs outside again. It’s pretty warm out, but raining a bit. Good thing I don’t mind a little rain.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    Upper body day yesterday... Sore shoulder as per usual... Getting "older" is awesome... :(

uyms2vuy3j4d.jpg

I feel ya. Upped my lifts some this week and am feeling it. Two bad shoulders, bad knee and now arthritis in my thumbs. Not planning on quitting anytime soon though.
  • DeshotelK
    DeshotelK Posts: 183 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi! I just hit the big 4-0 in February. My body has been falling apart for years though. Bad knees and lower back are my main issues. I've been on MFP for a long time. I was at my healthiest and fittest around age 36. Got down do a size and fitness level I was happy with, then the back decided to start giving me problems. Then I had to have knee surgery for loose cartilage and arthritis. I've let myself go for a couple of years now and hate it. Trying to find workouts that don't irritate the discs in my lower back or my knees has been difficult. I'm ready to get back to it. I miss the feeling of being healthy and fit! Any suggestions on low impact workouts would be great.

I loved running and HIIT. Hate weight lifting as it does nothing for me to relieve stress. I like yoga/pilates. Feels good, but doesn't relieve stress for me. Trying to find my happy place again!
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Holy crap yes. My knees suck, my back sucks and I hurt myself a lot. But keep pushing.
  • wifeofaveteran
    wifeofaveteran Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The bike is good for knees
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    11Templars wrote: »

uyms2vuy3j4d.jpg

I feel ya. Upped my lifts some this week and am feeling it. Two bad shoulders, bad knee and now arthritis in my thumbs. Not planning on quitting anytime soon though.

I've had a couple cortisone shots and they work great for a few months, but since I son't really rest it, that's to be expected. That being said: Stuff hurts whether you sit on the couch, or whether you to the gym.

Oh well... such is life I guess, still in better shape then most..
  • dptwo
    dptwo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    Hi! I just hit the big 4-0 in February. My body has been falling apart for years though. Bad knees and lower back are my main issues. I've been on MFP for a long time. I was at my healthiest and fittest around age 36. Got down do a size and fitness level I was happy with, then the back decided to start giving me problems. Then I had to have knee surgery for loose cartilage and arthritis. I've let myself go for a couple of years now and hate it. Trying to find workouts that don't irritate the discs in my lower back or my knees has been difficult. I'm ready to get back to it. I miss the feeling of being healthy and fit! Any suggestions on low impact workouts would be great.

I loved running and HIIT. Hate weight lifting as it does nothing for me to relieve stress. I like yoga/pilates. Feels good, but doesn't relieve stress for me. Trying to find my happy place again!

Swimming.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 18! 55/38#. 1 min, 11 seconds quicker...7 more snatches. Total 207 snatches. DONE!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders”=Done!