BARITRIC

Options
lets see if we can get a group together here.

Replies

• potatohead13146
    potatohead13146 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 18 months out with sleeve, down over a hundred. Looking in to having the duodenal switch to help loose more.
  • kraz4fun
    kraz4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 12/5/18 & would love our own group!
  • potatohead13146
    potatohead13146 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    must be there arent very any bariatrics keeping track on here.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I think there are quite a few. Did you try searching the groups?
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve August 2017, so far I’ve lost 70 kg.

Best decision I’ve ever made!
  • Luwright321
    Luwright321 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm scheduled to have the gastric sleeve on Jan. 15. I've been on MFP before but fell off the "diet wagon". I decided to really turn things around after a trip to Disney in July and had to rent a scooter just because I was too fat to walk. I came home and looked up a bariactric surgeon. Since July I've lost 64 lbs on my own following the Dr. strict diet. Lots of protein, no carbs, no soda. I still have a long way to go. I started at 397. My goal is to get below 200. I've been going to a support group meetings. I have other issues with food (emotional eater here) but I think I can better deal with those if I'm not physically hungry all the time, hence the surgery. I'd love to hear from anyone whose had this surgery and how they're doing post-op. Thanks
  • time2change1111
    time2change1111 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with your surgery!!

You have done a great job with your weight loss so far on your Dr’s plan.

Keep me updated on your progress. 😀
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    4 years post sleeve here. Down 200lbs. Was 225 lost but I’ve gained some back over the years.
  • ComptonJohn1959
    ComptonJohn1959 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good Luck Luwright321!.

I had RNY on 12/20/18, best decision I ever made. I also started out in the high 390's before the first dietitian consult and now I am at 305, and I feel terrific. I am a 59 yo man and my goal is 225-240, with a skeletal muscle mass above 38%. Best advice I think I ever got was get back to the gym before surgery, and keep going afterward. OK, the best advice was record it, food and exercise, always, always record it. Both are important.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23299-weight-loss-surgery-wls

This is a group I recently found. Doesn't look to be very active though. We could change that?

I'm starting six months of Dr supervised diet before RNY. I don't have the surgery scheduled yet