is protein shakes considered calories?

2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    If it goes in your mouth and has calories....you count it no matter the form it comes in.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    edited March 2019
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2019
    Am I doing myself injustice by not weighing the scoop, how much is the “scoop” off by, is it a lot? I use Six Stay Trip Choc whey, 180 a scoop.
    I have a pretty large deficit so the inaccuracy doesn’t bother me too much, but if it’s significant I’ll probably start weighing it, or do more cardio!
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    I always weigh for accuracy.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    An 8oz sirloin steak offers the about the same nutritional value as 2 scoops of your protein shake. And it will fill you up.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    AvianDB wrote: »
    Am I doing myself injustice by not weighing the scoop, how much is the “scoop” off by, is it a lot? I use Six Stay Trip Choc whey, 180 a scoop.
    I have a pretty large deficit so the inaccuracy doesn’t bother me too much, but if it’s significant I’ll probably start weighing it, or do more cardio!

I found mine was always under, which wouldn't be an issue for calories, but since the point was protein I now use weight to make sure I'm getting the protein I expect.
  • corrarjo
    corrarjo Posts: 1,157 Member
    corrarjo wrote: »
    An 8oz sirloin steak offers the about the same nutritional value as 2 scoops of your protein shake. And it will fill you up.

And it tastes delicious.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    AvianDB wrote: »

@AvianDB

Why wonder about it when it's so simple to find out?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I've been vegetarian for over 27 years. I'm actually a pretty happy person. (And a condition on my scalp went away about 2 weeks after I went meatless and hasn't been back much since.)
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 410 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    The OP eats chicken, turkey, and fish. I'd be sad if I couldn't eat meat.

Vegetarians generally chose that for ethical reasons. I'm sad there aren't more vegetarians.

I'm glad there aren't more vegetarians...lol...I kid 😁
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member

A few 8 ounce steaks and I could buy another 30 something serving jar of protein powder. Sometimes steak ain't in the budget.

But it sure is tastier.