Protein bar trickery

Options
Hi! I’ve recently gotten much more serious about eating healthy and decided to eat protein bars for snacks. The only problem is the majority are very unappetizing! I just discovered Luna bars and was so shocked at how amazing they tasted. Protein bars that I didn’t have to choke down?!? The only problem is apparently they have a pretty high amount of sugar is every flavor and pretty bad ingredients. I really need help finding protein bars that taste like actual food and are good for the body. Please help!!

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I like Kirkland brownie and cookie dough
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    The think thin bats are ok and have fiber but honestly I haven’t had them in a while and don’t know the sugar content.

Protein bars tend to have a lot of calories and sugar so I avoid them. I eat a hard boiled egg. 1/2 avocado, fage 0% yogurt, cottage cheese, turkey slices etc.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    There is no magic to protein bars, and many are loaded with sugar. If you want to avoid sugar and have a healthy snack, try almonds. You can bring them anywhere, and they taste good and are good for you.

Another suggestion is plain greek yogurt...lots of protein, no added sugar. You can mix in some natural peanut butter or berries if you prefer flavor.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Make your own
  • ozz123456
    ozz123456 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There's a new yogurt by Dannon Oikos triple O. No added sugar, artificial sweeteners, 0 fat. 15g protein. It uses Stevie leaf.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm in Europe and order Amfit Nutrition high protein bars on Amazon. I just had one and they are good. 1 bar = 192 cal, 20g protein, 1g sugar. I like the chocolate carmel and cookies and cream.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a protein bar that I liked enough to buy again. To me, so many tastes like chalk or a candy bar or I don't care for some of the ingredients.

Making my own protein bars works for me and I like control the ingredients. It took a while for me to perfect my recipes, but it was worth it.

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Outright bars are by far the best tasting bars on the market. Made with like 7 all natural ingredients, no bs fibers or glycerin. They taste like fresh baked cookies.
    i87id3y1krn7.jpg
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The taste of whey makes me gag so I started making my own bars with pea protein, I like those SO much better! I really love the book Power Hungry by Camilla V. Saulsbury