TEAM BLUE- SAHM 60 day challenge....yay!

Options

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Goal for me is 2000 calories burned.

Strength:
    Wednesday: 50 Leg Raises (each side)- DONE!!
    Thursday: 40 Squats- DONE!!
    Friday: 50 situps or ab crunches
    Saturday: Rest day!!
    Sunday - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Monday - 25 Pushups
    Tuesday - 25 Lunges

Emotional Challenge:
    I always blamed my weight on my pregnancies, when in reality, I was 80lb overweight before I even got pregnant with my oldest. Im in the mindset now that *I* am responsible for my weight by not being aware of exactly how much I was shoving in my face and *I* am the only one who can change it.

Sorry I keep quoting myself but it wont let me edit my post grrr.

Wednesday I burned 320 calories and did the 50 leg raises
    Thursday I burned 303 calories and did the 40 squats
    Friday wound up being my rest day
    Saturday (today) I burned 225 calories and did the 50 sit ups
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Crunch: Fat Burning Pilates...40minutes=412 calories burned!
    40 ups and downs..will do these later on this evening

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We should all share how we burn our calories on the main thread to give eachother idaes. So lets see it ladies, how do you burn those calories?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5

I just copied mine from my exercise journal here, it was super easy
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys for being MIA this weekend. I have been shopping for my little girl who starts kinder today...awww...It was crazy shopping since its tax free weekend so you know everyone is out buying clothes and shoes. I also been taking this class that is suppose to be done in 16 weeks but I'm doing it in 6 days so I have a ton of homework and it takes sooo long to do. The class does not end til tuesday but I will be back on track today (Monday).

I also had my first mini NSV this weekend, well since I was shopping I decided to buy me a few shirts. Well I am proud to say I am not a XL anymore and now I fit into a large. I was soooooo happy when I tried the shirts on. My hubby has been telling me he can see that I am losing weight, but I just thought he was just being sweet, and just trying to make me feel good. Its a small NSV, but I am so proud of myself for keeping my routine up. Thank you to all you ladies for the support. I really appreciate it.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Sorry guys for being MIA this weekend. I have been shopping for my little girl who starts kinder today...awww...It was crazy shopping since its tax free weekend so you know everyone is out buying clothes and shoes. I also been taking this class that is suppose to be done in 16 weeks but I'm doing it in 6 days so I have a ton of homework and it takes sooo long to do. The class does not end til tuesday but I will be back on track today (Monday).

I also had my first mini NSV this weekend, well since I was shopping I decided to buy me a few shirts. Well I am proud to say I am not a XL anymore and now I fit into a large. I was soooooo happy when I tried the shirts on. My hubby has been telling me he can see that I am losing weight, but I just thought he was just being sweet, and just trying to make me feel good. Its a small NSV, but I am so proud of myself for keeping my routine up. Thank you to all you ladies for the support. I really appreciate it.

Excellent Jennifer! Gotta love those NSV!! Keep up the great work!
  • poesch77
    Options
    297 calories burned from running errands with both kids.....tiring!!

I have to say...last night I did those up and downs and I wish I would have had my HRM on cuz those made my heart pund outta my chest!!! 25 pushups will be completed later tonite! I got "No More Trouble Zones" in the mail tonite and I am soo excited to try it!!!
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So far I have completed all but the up and downs which I am afraid of haha. I think they are in the shred level 2 which I'm staring today.

Nsv for me! I walk 4.5 miles 5-6 nights a week with my neighbors who are both tall and thin. I'm the short chubby one. Well when we first started I would look at our shadows and cringe. They were long and lean and I was a blob. Last night I saw a waist line in my shadow :). I love that I can feel my actual hips coming through the side chub now too :).

Another NSV. I did the shred yesterday and it felt amazing!!! No pain, only burning muscles!
  • poesch77
    Options
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Burned 477 calories today doing low impact aerobics and some fat burning dvd
  • poesch77
    Options

I added in an hour of cleaning and getting things done around the house bringing me to 832 calories burned!!
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! ok so i did my lunges and push ups this weekend, the others are covered with my physical therapy so, tomorrow is my last day of abs, legs raises, squats and well the up downs i traded up for the the bike. On a sperate note: My legs and core are getting some really good strength in them lately and my therapist is beyond proud of me and well of course im proud of myself. I have a long way to go but something is better than nothing

Emotional Challenge: I never really made excuses, I just kind of went with it. When, I got sick it just made it easier to roll with the punches since my body is no longer able to do the majority of things i used to do. I decided to get it together and help keep myself from going back by staying positive and hoping for complete physical recovery. My nervous system will never be the same but as long as remain positive and push forward I hope once day i'll be able to run and jump with my daughter. Keeping that goal is the best way to focus on getting and staying healthy.

Recipe:
    My daughter loves when i do a dipping platter for her. I use apples, celery and grapes. In small dipping bowls i put a couple tblspns of peanut butter. In another, i put in some vanilla yogurt and then i slice some cheddar cheese slices and serve it all in a platter. She has the options of dipping the fruit in any of the 2 dipping sauces or she can eat the fruit with a slice of chedder cheese. Its yummy! and sometimes i use applesauce w/ vanilla wafers too. its a fun snack and its healthy perfect for after school or when they have their little cravings after dinner.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Hey guys.....please remember to submit your points tonite!!!

I surpassed by calorie goal going over 2000 calories...yay! 1pt
    Strength-6 pts for each-completed
    Emotional: I did earlier in the week- 1pt
    Foods Challenge-see below-1pt

Total points for me: 9pts

Kid friendly recipe:

Mini quiche cups......

I actually found these while on the South Beach Diet (one of many diet failures!!) and my daughter loved them....and they can be frozen to take out and unthaw and eat whenever!!

6 eggs
    any veggie or meat filling
    2 slices bread cubed
    skim milk
    cheese
    In a muffin tin.. spray each tinhole with Pam and put a couple pieces of cubed bread at bottom
    mix up eggs, milk, veggies, cheese, meat and pour this mixture over each tinhole
    top with a little sprinkle of cheese
    bake 350-375 degrees for 30-40 minutes

Sorry, guys I rarely follow a recipe...I usually just wing it and since I am such a great cook:bigsmile: it usually turns out!!
  • mlpaint
    Options
    My son's favorite cookies. Plus they are super easy to make and freezer friendly!
    From Weelicious.com (LOVE this site!) http://weelicious.com/2010/05/14/o-cookies/
    “O” Cookies! (Makes 30 Cookies)

1/2 Cup Nut Butter (almond, peanut or sunflower)
    1/2 Cup Rice Syrup
    4 Cups O’s Cereal (you can use whatever “O”-type cereal you like: Cheerios, Trader Joe’s O’s, etc.)

1. Place the nut butter and rice syrup in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and warm for 2 minutes or until it becomes smooth and combined.
    2. Place the cereal in a bowl.
    3. Pour the warm nut butter/rice syrup mixture into the bowl with the cereal and stir to combine.
    4. Shape into cookies (I used a mini ice cream scooper to scoop out each portion, but you could also use a tablespoon). You can also place the mixture into a 9 x 9 inch ungreased pan, pat down and then cut into bars. As the O’s mixture cools, it will harden.
    5. Serve.

~50 calories per cookie
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies.... so I earned a total of 7points...booo:noway: ...sorry this last week was crazy. But I am happy to say I got an "A" in my class...:happy: Im so glad that is over with...I havent really exercised much this week so I am hoping my scale wont treat me too bad. Plus TOM is here. :frown: Well hopefully I will be on track from now on. I need to figure out my schedule for next week since I'm starting school on Tuesday.
  • mlpaint
    Options
    Hey ladies! Total points for me would be 9! Weee! And I'm down 1.6lbs! Didn't expect to be down this much :)
  • poesch77
    Options
    Total Points:

Stacey:9 pts
    Jennifer: 7pts
    Melanie: 9 pts
    Julissa:
    Devin:

Weightloss:
    Melanie: -1.6lbs
    Jennifer:
    Stacey:
    Julissa:
    Devin:
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Calorie goal- done 1pt
    Strength-6 pts for each-completed
    Emotional: I did earlier in the week- 1pt
    Foods Challenge - I forgot :grumble:

8 pts for me
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Lost 0.6lb this week. Im stepping up my workouts to 2 a day to try to get more burns so hopefully I can lose more than half a pound each week lol
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Wednesday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 25 (per side) Hip Flexor (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=113)

Thursday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 50 push ups (modified as needed)

Friday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - 50 bicycle crunches (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=12)

Saturday
    Nutrition - Under Sodium
    Exercise - 50 Bridges (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=153)

Sunday
    Nutrition - Under Carbs
    Exercise - 50 skater squats (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=112)

Monday
    Nutrition - Under calories
    Exercise - 25 Tricep Dips with Bent Knees (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=124)

Tuesday
    Nutrition - Under Fat
    Exercise - Superman pose - 5 reps, 30 seconds each (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=191)

Emotional Challenge:
    My moment of clarity was pretty much when my size 26 pants were getting snug on me and my stores don't carry anything higher so I was going to be doomed to stretch pants and special ordering if I didn't do something about it. I didn't want to hit 300lb and was scarily close at 298. I said "thats it!"
  • poesch77
    Options
    Total Points:

Stacey:9 pts
    Jennifer: 7pts
    Melanie: 9 pts
    Julissa:
    Devin: 8pts

Weightloss:
    Melanie: -1.6lbs
    Jennifer: