TEAM BLUE- SAHM 60 day challenge....yay!

Options
poesch77
poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
Okay, gals, I am starting this thread for us.....so be watching for it!! We can do this!!! Report each challenge here everyday so I can keep track of points and then share with main forum!! Let's also root on other teams for motivation and support!! GO BLUE TEAM!!!:bigsmile:
Okay Ladies since we have our teams we will start with our "Weigh in Wednesdays"

Our post will read:
Starting MFP Weight
Starting SAHMU Weight
Week 1 Weight
Goal Weight

* If you have already lost weight on your journey here at MFP you are welcome to post it here.

Week 1
Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Cardio: Get out those strollers Ladies!! (if your kids are to big for a stroller, have them come along if they can keep up).
Walk 2.5- 3.0mph 4 times this week for 45 min. ( I notice alot of you are doing workout videos and if you would rather do those that is okay, just make sure it is 4 times this week to count your point)
Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week

Food Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Kitchens closes at 9:30pm!

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
Post 1 reason you believe you have carried this extra weight around. (try to limit it to just one reason, something that you may need to just get out, it helps to release our emotional baggage along with our weight)

*Each Team member will receive one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
*A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.

Introduce yourself to your team members......

Howdy! 33 Momma to 2 lil gals... 6yr old, Lauren and 7 1/2 month old, Eden......been on MFP since March and have lost 22 lbs...have about 50lbs to go! Need to lose this weight from 2 babies and marriage!! Happy=eating!! Currently working out 6x/wk....6 more days left of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred....thank GOD!

Stacey......your Blue Team captain!!

Replies

• momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Whooooooo!!! Go Team Blue!!! Let's kick some *kitten*!!! lol
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    A bump for the blue team! Go Blue!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    A good morning bump for team Blue
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    bump so I can find it later
  • poesch77
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 247
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 225.5
    Week 1 Weight: 225
    Goal Weight : 60 day goal 210 (ultimate goal, 165)

25min of JM Shred done....doing squats tonite with 20 min of strength training

Emotional goal: I, too, was a child of divorce, not once but twice. These things in life were things I could'nt control...eating I could. I was a chunky kid from 9-13...then went thru a starvation period until 17 then kept eating from then on....time to nip it in the bud!
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight 279
    Starting SAHMU Weight 248.8
    Week 1 Weight 248.8
    Goal Weight (60 day goal weight 225) final goal weight 165

Exercise:
    30 day shred everyday. i just do Level 1 since its still quite a challenge for me
    circuits of squats, crunches, jumping jacks and weights

Food:
    Eat my final bite by 8:30pm

Emotional:
    I was always overweight but I think what threw me over the edge was when my parents split up and my mom and I moved 15 hrs away to Ohio from Florida. My parents divorced in mid 2000 and then my grandpa passed in late 2000, uprooting myself again to move to Massachusetts after being in my new home for only a year. My dad passed very suddenly in 2001 so all in all, my parents split, I was uprooted from my family home I grew up in, moved to a new state, lost my dad and grandpa within 11 months of eachother and got uprooted again all in 2 years time.. I think it was wayyy too much for me to handle so I ate and ate and ate..

ETA: Not weighing in today since TOM visited me yesterday and my weight is NEVER accurate.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Go Team Blue
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 163lbs
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 160lbs
    Week 1 Weight: 157lbs
    Goal Weight: Right now going for 130 but hopefully down to 120 -125

Emotional Challenge: Low self confidence

Exercise: 25 min 30 day shred, kickboxing, and stretching for this week! Did my squats last night plan to do them tonight as well.

Before Front:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2isgpbp.jpg

Before Side:

http://i52.tinypic.com/qpmesm.jpg
  • Mbelzner10
    Mbelzner10 Posts: 39
    Options
    Starting MFP Weight: 302
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 297
    Week 1 Weight: 297
    Goal Weight: After 60 days? 275

Week 1
    Exercise Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    Cardio: Did 3 mile Walk Away The Pounds for 48 minutes
    Strength: 25 Squats a day 5 days this week- Done

Emotional Challenge(7/20-7/27):
    I think I got too comfortable with myself. I am happily married to a man who loves me for me not the way I look. I think I just got too comfortable and kinda took advantage of that love and here I am today soooo much weight packed on :(

Introduce yourself to your team members...... My name is Melissa. I am 35 yrs old, married and have 3 children (Samantha, 16, Abigail, 9 and Colin who is 6) I am lucky that I have a work from home job to be with my kids. I live in Maryland. I am debating having weight loss surgery and giving a serious healthy diet/exercise "try" first before going to that alternative.

Goooo Blue!!!!!
  • Mbelzner10
    Mbelzner10 Posts: 39
    Options
    Oh and the kitchen thing I can easily do because I do not eat after 8pm :)
  • poesch77
    Options
    I did 20min of walking instead of the strength training.....25 squats complete. Good job everyone!
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!! Im soo new to this that I am so lost but i found you guys! GO TEAM BLUE!!!! I will copy and paste my info from the starter post ..
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Blue Team Member
    SW: 320 lbs
    SMFP: 320 lbs
    SAHMU: first weigh -in: 319lbs

Rehab: stationary bike- 20 min and arm push and pulls (i think thats what they are called) 10 min...Due to my Transverse Myelitis some exercises like squats and such will be difficult but i will do my best at reaching our weekly goals, the best way i can.:-)

I just joined Saturday but I was fortunate enough to come across some great people! My determination through all this is, my daughter. I want to be here for her longer and want to be able to influence a healthy lifestyle for her.

I believe my reason for remaining overweight all my life is that I never really had a support system to guide me otherwise. My mom was mainly the one that kept me down. Instead of encouraging me or joining me in keeping motivated, she basically always expected failure. In turn, so did I. I have found MFP and there are great people on here. I can't put into words how grateful I am for small blessings like these. Good Luck everyone!!! Lets Kick Some *kitten*!!!! :-)
  • poesch77
    Options
    Just so you guys remember it is 45min of exercise everyday this week.....so make sure you squeeze in 15 more minutes....I noticed some might have thought it was 30 minutes......Thanks all for posting!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Can I get everyone's 1st names? I am Stacey, we have a Devin and a Melissa......you guys all did awesome today!
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    I'm Jennifer...I'm a recent sahm/student...I have Brianna who is 5 and Chris who will be 2 in Oct. This will not be the first time I've tried to lose weight although this is the 1st time I'm actually taking it seriously After I had my daughter I breastfed her and lost almost all the weight. Then I had Chris and I lost everything but the last 10lbs. I started working and it went downhill from there. I was always eating out for lunch..I tried the atkins diet and it did work for a little while and i lost a good 10lbs but I gained it all back. This time around I'm just doing portion control and exercising. I'm so happy I was able to join a group of ladies who are so supportive..

Today I did the 30 shred lvl 1 and then 20 mins of kickboxing.. squats are done with the 30 day shred so I'm counting those in. Kitchen is officially closed at 9:30!
  • poesch77
    Options
    I'm Jennifer...I'm a recent sahm/student...I have Brianna who is 5 and Chris who will be 2 in Oct. This will not be the first time I've tried to lose weight although this is the 1st time I'm actually taking it seriously After I had my daughter I breastfed her and lost almost all the weight. Then I had Chris and I lost everything but the last 10lbs. I started working and it went downhill from there. I was always eating out for lunch..I tried the atkins diet and it did work for a little while and i lost a good 10lbs but I gained it all back. This time around I'm just doing portion control and exercising. I'm so happy I was able to join a group of ladies who are so supportive..

Today I did the 30 shred lvl 1 and then 20 mins of kickboxing.. squats are done with the 30 day shred so I'm counting those in. Kitchen is officially closed at 9:30!

Hi, Jennifer.....nice to meet ya! Great job today! I also am doing the "Shred" and thank goodness, almost done with 5 more days! JM kicks your *kitten*!! Go Team Blue....!!!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    I did my shred and 5 more min of strength and will do something this evening to add the extra time.
  • poesch77
    Options
    I did my shred and 5 more min of strength and will do something this evening to add the extra time.

Awesome, Devin! I also did 25 min of the "Shred" so somehow I will squeeze in 20 more minutes today...not too hot so maybe a walk this evening with the kiddos!
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Just finished 25 min of 30 day shred which includes the 25 squats w/ 3lbs weights and also 20 mins of kickboxing. I was really not feeling it today :yawn: but I got up and did it and I feel so much better. :bigsmile:

GOOOO TEAM BLUE!!! :tongue: