TEAM BLUE- SAHM 60 day challenge....yay!

Options

Replies

• JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    3/4 cardio done for the week.....

45 minutes of Zumba
    jumping jacks/ pushups done

thats awesome!!! I have to find a new way to do cardio..my pool is out of commission :-( Can it be all pushups?
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

45 minutes of Zumba

thats awesome!!! I have to find a new way to do cardio..my pool is out of commission :-( Can it be all pushups?

45 min of pushups? Or instead of jumping jacks do pushups? Can you ride a stationary bike with what you have...forgot what it is called Transverse my..... I get VERY bored so I change it up everyday! Tomorrow is a really good upper/lower body 45 min dvd off Netflix....Crunch: Total Rescuplt.....I have done it on wed and loved it!!

Recipe challenge.....you can get ideas online too....we need to vote by sunday night as the one picked needs to be turned in monday....I am still waiting to hear from our new team member too. I made my recipe up one day and now I make these homemade pizzas ALOT and change the up cuz, dang, who does'nt love eating a whole pizza themselves?!!!!
  • JwlzBoatie
    Options

45 minutes of Zumba

45 min of pushups? Or instead of jumping jacks do pushups? Can you ride a stationary bike with what you have...forgot what it is called Transverse my..... I get VERY bored so I change it up everyday! Tomorrow is a really good upper/lower body 45 min dvd off Netflix....Crunch: Total Rescuplt.....I have done it on wed and loved it!!

Recipe challenge.....you can get ideas online too....we need to vote by sunday night as the one picked needs to be turned in monday....I am still waiting to hear from our new team member too. I made my recipe up one day and now I make these homemade pizzas ALOT and change the up cuz, dang, who does'nt love eating a whole pizza themselves?!!!!

Wow! thanks so much for remembering!!! I have Transverse Myelitis and i can pushups but while on my knees...I will have a recipe by tomorrow morning for sure..that pizza sounds delicious right now ! :-)
  • poesch77
    Options
    [/quote]
    Wow! thanks so much for remembering!!! I have Transverse Myelitis and i can pushups but while on my knees...I will have a recipe by tomorrow morning for sure..that pizza sounds delicious right now ! :-)
    [/quote]

I can only do on my knees too so don't feel bad.....aka "girl pushups". Ya....tonite I went to do the jumping jacks and forgot I had taken off my bra.....didn't get very far on that one!! I was looking at the pizza recipe and that one I could only eat half of it which was still alot.....the other one I made I got to eat the whole thing....I think I cut down on toppings and oil so it made it less of fat and calories!! It is a tasty treat!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    So far today:

40 jumping jacks
    all my squats

Having to break up my workouts today. Felt a bit dizzy this morning so Im doing 5 or so min increments but will get my 45 min in LOL
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Emotional:
    I think everyone is used to be being fat so it doesn't make much difference to them. Ive literally been over 200lb since I was mid teens (15 or so) and Im now 27. I want to get to the point where I can do what I need to do to be healthy for my kids and myself.

Sleep:
    So far, Ive been doing pretty well with sleep. I had 2 rough nights (Tue into Wed and Wed into Thurs) but The rest of the nights, Ive gotten between 7-8 hours sleep and even got 9 hours Fri into Sat.
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    HI all! I am so excited to be joining your group! A bit about me... I am a 28 year old SAHM with an amazing 25 month old son who has just started PEEING IN THE POTTY!!! Sorry, I have to share :) We are so stinking excited about it haha.

Height 5'1
    Starting Weight with MFP: 148lbs
    Current Weight: 143lbs
    Goal Weight: 120lbs

I am on day 3 of the shred level 1, walk 5-6 times a night for an hour (accelerated pace) and am stoked to add in the group challenges as well!
  • mlpaint
    Options
    Cardio: Jumping Jacks complete for today (Day 1)

Strength: Push ups complete for today (Day 1)

Emotional: My family has a long list of medical issues that are mostly caused by obesity and so does my husbands. For me it has become very important to make sure I am feeding myself and my son the best foods I can. I feel like the poor guy has so many cards stacked against him genetically and I want to make sure he is brought up knowing how to be healthy. I get a lot of pressure from my father on that. He hasn't seen me in 2 years and is unaware of how much "baby weight" I have held on to.
  • poesch77
    Options
    HI all! I am so excited to be joining your group! A bit about me... I am a 28 year old SAHM with an amazing 25 month old son who has just started PEEING IN THE POTTY!!! Sorry, I have to share :) We are so stinking excited about it haha.

Height 5'1
    Starting Weight with MFP: 148lbs
    Current Weight: 143lbs
    Goal Weight: 120lbs

I am on day 3 of the shred level 1, walk 5-6 times a night for an hour (accelerated pace) and am stoked to add in the group challenges as well!

I just finished the "Shred" on Tues last week...eventho' I only lost 5lbs I lost 24 inches overall!! It definately changes your body!! Welcome to our awesome team!!! Go Blue!
  • JwlzBoatie
    Options
    ok everyone!! i've posted my emotional challenge..been doing walking for the cardio and today is day 1 of the pushups!!! So heres my recipe submittal..I stole it from turbo jam but i really like it..

Stir-fry
    3 ounces diced chicken breast or other lean meat or meat substitute
    1-1 1/2 cup chopped veggies (choose 2 from the following: pea pods, bock choy, broccoli, green beans, bamboo shoots, cauliflower, onion, mushrooms)
    1 tsp canola oil
    1/2 tsp seasame oil (optional)
    1 tblspn low sodium soy sauce
    1/2 cup whole grain brown rice

Instructions: heat oil in nonstick pan or wok on medium high. If using chicken fry this first until done, but not completely brown. Add veggies one and two as well as soy sauce. if using tofu stir fry veggies first then add tofu and soy sauce..Serve with boiled or steamed rice..

I love chinese food so this completely hit the spot for me..Hope you all enjoy as well!!! Good luck everyone and lets see those numbers drop!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.. I did. I was able to do all of my exercises. I am also on day 7 of the 30 day shred. I have been getting good sleep. Actually a little to much. lol (is there such a thing?). I have already done the emotional challenge.. is there anything else missing? Oh as for the recipe I vote for the stir-fry. I also love chinese food so I am going to have to try it out.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Chicken Piccata
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 214 • Fat: 5.5 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 13.4 g • Fiber: 2.8 g

2 (16 oz total) chicken cutlet halves, all fat trimmed
    freshly ground black pepper
    2 large egg whites
    2/3 cup seasoned whole wheat dry bread crumbs
    olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth)
    1 tbs light butter
    juice of 1 lemon, lemon halves reserved
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp capers
    Sliced lemon, for serving
    Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving

Cut chicken into 4 cutlets, then place cutlets between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.

In a shallow plate, beat the egg whites and 1 teaspoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs in another plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the egg, then bread crumbs.

Heat a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the chicken, and lay it in the pan, oil side down. Spray the top of the chicken generously to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Set aside until you make the sauce.

For the sauce, clean the saute pan. Over medium heat, melt butter, add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth and the reserved lemon halves, salt, and pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Discard the lemon halves, add the capers and serve one chicken cutlet on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley

I also got this at www.skinnytaste.com.

See pic of the Chicken Piccata at : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/chicken-piccata.html

Okay...this is my vote! I have had this before at a restaurant but I am sure it was wayyyyy more calories then this has!!
  • JwlzBoatie
    Options
    Dinner Recipe

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.

www.skinnytaste.com

Wanna see yummy pics? Go to http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

This is my vote because I absolutely love spinach chicken....Hey i noticed we were a recipe short :-( or am i wrong? Good luck everyone
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

This is my vote because I absolutely love spinach chicken....Hey i noticed we were a recipe short :-( or am i wrong? Good luck everyone
    [/quote]

Is this the recipe your team is submitting for the main group vote, remeber only one per team. i think some people just posted there recipes here too but we need only one per team and it needs to state the teams name on top.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I really want to make an excel chart for us but I have tried several times to post one and it won't work. Any ideas????

Sorry didn't mean to post this on your thread blue..lol..was meant for the main thread.
  • poesch77
    Options
    I really want to make an excel chart for us but I have tried several times to post one and it won't work. Any ideas????

I wish I did...I am "computer retarded".
  • poesch77
    Options
    4/4 cardio completed.....ohh the pressure is off!! I did 42minutes of Crunch: Cardio Resculpt

100 jumping jacks/ 25 pushups!!
  • mlpaint
    Options
    Dinner Recipe

Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts

salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.

www.skinnytaste.com

Wanna see yummy pics? Go to http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

Yum! I am going to try this! This def. has my vote! I love love spinach!
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    HOMEMADE TURKEY ARTICHOKE PIZZA
    Number of servings:6

Calories: 288 Fat: 17 Sodium: 353 Fiber: 2 Protein: 12 Carbs: 23 ( This is per serving)
    INGREDIENTS
    Freschetta - Artisan Pizza Crust-Golden Wheat, 1 container (1 crust (55g) ea.)
    Aldi's - Kirkwood - Pure Ground Turkey, 0.5 container (16 oz ea.)
    Aldi Grandessa - Marinated Artichoke Hearts Quartered, 3 pieces
    Crystal Farms - Finely Shredded Low Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 0.666 cup
    Walmart Great Value - Petite Diced Tomatoes, 1/2 cup (121g)
    Tastefully Simple - Roasted Garlic Infused Oil, 2 Tbsp

Brown ground turkey. Put 2 Tbsp Garlic Oil spread evenly on pizza crust, layer with rest of ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45minutes or until cheese is melted. The slices are REAL generous!!

You can add whatever ingredients you want to this.....I like getting creative......have made shrimp pizza too! Was awesome!

This is my vote!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Dinner Recipe

salt and pepper to taste

www.skinnytaste.com

Okay...this is the WINNER.....with 2 votes! Thanks guys!!