TEAM BLUE- SAHM 60 day challenge....yay!

Options

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Devin 4
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Please use this to post your point totals for this week!!

45min cardio 4x/wk
    25 squats 5/wk
    Emotional challenge
    Out of kitchen after 9:30pm
    Total points: 4 per person

Stacey: 4
    Devin:4

Keep up the great work Blue Team!!! Weigh in is wed so be good!!! :bigsmile:
  • Mbelzner10
    Mbelzner10 Posts: 39
    Options
    45min cardio 4x/wk
    25 squats 5/wk
    Emotional challenge

Melissa: 4
  • Mbelzner10
    Options
    Did 25 squats and 60 minutes of yoga :)
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Jennifer:4

But wtf!!! I gained 2.2 pounds...I couldnt help but take a peek and i see that i gained...ughhhh that soooo put me in an unmotivated stage..
  • poesch77
    Options
    45min cardio 4x/wk
    25 squats 5/wk
    Emotional challenge

Jennifer...don't get discouraged just yet!! I stepped on today to and it was up 3lbs!! I will blame TOM and the weekend...with my drinking at my cousin's wedding! It best be off by wed and then some! I must be good at least til then!!
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hey girls!! Ive doing great with the cardio, the no eating after 9:30, and the emotional part of this challenge but due to my Transverse Myelitis I am unable to do squats!!!! Does my strength training cover that?

Jwlz_ 3 hopefully 4
  • poesch77
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Here is our Week 2 Challenge
    *I want to give a special thank you to losinit-4-good(Team Green) and tigertown11(Team Orange) for helping me with this weeks challenges.

Exercise Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Cardio: Lets keep it at 4 days this week ladies. Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days( you can easily do these in between commercials on T.V. or while cooking or all at once)

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days. And there are so many variations (full, from the knee, standing, desk, etc)

Food Challenge(7/27-8/3):

Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Dinner recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Dinner recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge(7/27-8/3):
    How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?

Sleep Challenge:(7/27-8/3):
    Get atleast 7.5 hrs of sleep per night x 4 nights

*Each Team member will recieve one point for each challenge they meet this week and your team will earn a bonus point if everyone completes there challenges.
    *A Point will also be awarded to the team with the highest weightloss for the week.

Post your victories daily and please remember to add up your points for next wednesday.
  • poesch77
    Options
    45min cardio 4x/wk
    25 squats 5/wk
    Emotional challenge

Jwlz_ 3: 4

Great job Blue Team...you all are AWESOME!!!

Jennifer...don't get discouraged just yet!! I stepped on today to and it was up 3lbs!! I will blame TOM and the weekend...with my drinking at my cousin's wedding! It best be off by wed and then some! I must be good at least til then!!
  • Mbelzner10
    Options
    Dinner Recipe

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
    1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
    6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
    5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
    6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
    6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
    olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
    1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
    salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.

Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.

Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.

Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.

www.skinnytaste.com

Wanna see yummy pics? Go to http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Chicken Piccata
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 piece • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 214 • Fat: 5.5 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 13.4 g • Fiber: 2.8 g

2 (16 oz total) chicken cutlet halves, all fat trimmed
    freshly ground black pepper
    2 large egg whites
    2/3 cup seasoned whole wheat dry bread crumbs
    olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth)
    1 tbs light butter
    juice of 1 lemon, lemon halves reserved
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp capers
    Sliced lemon, for serving
    Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving

Cut chicken into 4 cutlets, then place cutlets between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.

In a shallow plate, beat the egg whites and 1 teaspoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs in another plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the egg, then bread crumbs.

Heat a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the chicken, and lay it in the pan, oil side down. Spray the top of the chicken generously to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Set aside until you make the sauce.

For the sauce, clean the saute pan. Over medium heat, melt butter, add the lemon juice, wine, chicken broth and the reserved lemon halves, salt, and pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Discard the lemon halves, add the capers and serve one chicken cutlet on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley

I also got this at www.skinnytaste.com.

See pic of the Chicken Piccata at : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/chicken-piccata.html
  • poesch77
    Options
    HOMEMADE TURKEY ARTICHOKE PIZZA
    Number of servings:6

Calories: 288 Fat: 17 Sodium: 353 Fiber: 2 Protein: 12 Carbs: 23 ( This is per serving)
    INGREDIENTS
    Freschetta - Artisan Pizza Crust-Golden Wheat, 1 container (1 crust (55g) ea.)
    Aldi's - Kirkwood - Pure Ground Turkey, 0.5 container (16 oz ea.)
    Aldi Grandessa - Marinated Artichoke Hearts Quartered, 3 pieces
    Crystal Farms - Finely Shredded Low Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 0.666 cup
    Walmart Great Value - Petite Diced Tomatoes, 1/2 cup (121g)
    Tastefully Simple - Roasted Garlic Infused Oil, 2 Tbsp

Brown ground turkey. Put 2 Tbsp Garlic Oil spread evenly on pizza crust, layer with rest of ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45minutes or until cheese is melted. The slices are REAL generous!!

You can add whatever ingredients you want to this.....I like getting creative......have made shrimp pizza too! Was awesome!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ginger glazed Halibut
    PointsPlus™ Value: 5
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 17 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This simple skillet dinner has lots of flavors going on - honey, ginger, garlic and cilantro. Add chopped hot peppers to the marinade for some heat.

Ingredients
    2 Tbsp honey
    2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
    1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
    1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, divided
    3/4 tsp table salt, divided
    1/2 tsp black pepper, , divided
    1 pound(s) halibut fillet(s)
    1 Tbsp peanut oil
    Instructions

To make marinade, combine honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a baking dish or bowl; set aside.

Wash fish and pat it dry. Rub remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper into both sides of halibut. Add fish to marinade, cover dish or bowl and refrigerate, turning once or twice, 30 minutes to 1 hour.

When you’re ready to eat, remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.

Set a heavy skillet over medium heat; add oil. When oil beings to shimmer, add fish; cook until the flesh is no longer translucent, flipping once, about 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillets. Immediately remove fish to a serving plate and tent to keep warm.

Set same skillet over medium heat; add marinade and cook until marinade thickens, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour marinade over fish and garnish with remaining cilantro. Serve immediately. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces fish per serving.
  • Mbelzner10
    Options
    Cardio: Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10 a day x4 days

Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5 per day x 4days.

Done above with 30 day shred :)
  • poesch77
    Options
    Exercise Challenge:
    Cardio: Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10...... Done
    Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5.....Done
    These totaled 71 calories burned.

44minutes of cardio ( I am sure my housecleaning today took care of that one lil minute:bigsmile: ) of an exercise dvd Crunch:Total Resculpt

Recipe Challenge: See Above...lol!

Emotional Challenge: Weight Struggles in my family.....well, my hubby doesn't have a weight problem. He eats like a horse and stays around 190lbs at 5'10...looks more like he is 175lb tho' He also jogs on the treadmill when he can....works a lot of hours. I have 2 small girls, 6 and almost 8 months and neither of them are chunky....although my oldest asked me the other day when I was ever gonna stop putting what I ate in the computer. Sad.....but I want to be here for my family for a long time. I am actually very healthy despite my weight but want to look as good as I feel.

Sleep Challenge: I usually get 7.5 hours a sleep per night or more but it is broken up....baby is teething and has been getting up at 5-6am having a bottle then going back to sleep til 8ish.

Hope everyone had a super day!! Sorry about my gain on the scale....TOM.... I feel bad!! Well...here's a big Rah Rah for our team....Go Blue!!!:huh:
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    xercise challenge done today! Recipe is above! Sleep for 7.5hrs done!

Emotional challenge: Hubby also eats like freaking horse and doesnt even gain the weight..He doesnt really do any exercises and is still skinny...another grrr, but his job is real physical so I guess thats his exercise. I want to be a role model for my kids and show them that eating healthy is a better choice. I am seeing a difference in what they eat since I have began eating healthier. I want to be here for my kids as long as I can and me eating healthier and exercising will help out a lot.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Exercise Challenge:
    Cardio: Add Jumping Jacks 10 sets of 10...... Done
    Strength: Push-ups 5 sets of 5.....Done

30 minutes stroll and 15 minutes of calesthetics (strength training)

These totaled 356 calories burned.
  • momof2_0710
    Options
    Exercise challenge complete...

I was just wondering if any of you ladies are dealing with shin splints and how are you dealing with them? I am getting them and its getting harder and harder to do the 30 Day Shred. I found some stretches to do, but wanted to see if anyone is doing something different. Keep up the good work ladies.
  • poesch77
    Options
    3/4 cardio done for the week.....

45 minutes of Zumba
    jumping jacks/ pushups done
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!! My day has been completely unproductive. :-( For some odd reason I've been feeling sore on my legs and I've started to get a sharp pain in my back. Luckily my physical therapist is awesome and is taking it easy on me until we figure out whats going on..Either way i'm staying string and keeping my head up, some exercise is better than no exercise, right? LOL Anyway, I haven't been able to find a really good recipe since I'm new to all this my meals are pretty much the same just controlled. So, heres my emotional goal

How do you handle the struggles of being the weight you are in your family?
    This extremely hard for me. My dad is neutral and almost never makes a comment, well at least not after being diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis. My mom on the other hand was a petite girl growing up with a maximum weight of maybe 95 lbs at a height of 4'11". So she basically made my childhood rough. Always making comments here and there and I can recall one time she actually told me she didn't love me because I was overweight. I think thats what made me want to eat more. I was determined to make her accept me for me, regardless. It all became a reality on how much it bothered my parents that I was a big girl when the denied me my Quincenera. A quincenera is the Mexican American version of a sweet 16. It's a young girls passage into woman hood and being that I was very religious as a young girl, it meant the world to me. It didnt happen. Not only did it not happen, they never allowed me to partake in my friends celebrations either because as my mom put it, it'd be too much money since they would need more than the average amount of material to make my dress. The blamed it on $ but then found every way possible to have the celebration for my younger sister who was thick but no where near as big as me. The funny thing is that for the past 20 something years practically everyone in my family is overweight but since everyone else "progressed" to it and I have always been, it made it easier to ridicule me. Soemtimes I think being diagnosed with TM saved me. It saved me because they no longer make it hard for me. Now, they say, "We understand you have limitations due to your illness" and they accept that because of it my body does things without my control.
    Even now, I would not be on this weight loss journey if it wasnt for my daughter. And its more because since I have weakness due to my TM if I lose weight it would be a bit easier to keep up with her and her activities. Though it may not make run or jump its will still help. All i can say is that no matter what, whether i lose a lot of weight or none at all, I am who i am and hopefully my parents (more so my mom) will learn to respect and accept that.

Thank you all for being the support, motivation and love that I never knew was possible. Without you guys I would still be lost in my overweight world, alone.