3 Kids- Yay or Nay? Did you wish you stuck with 2?

Options
Pros and Cons to having a third...

Replies

• LeGaCyGiAnT
    LeGaCyGiAnT Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pros - More $ on your tax return
    Cons - Outnumbered parent wise, makes it odd for going to amusement parks, Car is more jam-packed for long trips/ might benefit in buying a bigger SUV or mini van
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well. However I don't have a choice so maybe just some tips at this point lol.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    We've got 4, and they're the best things that have ever happened to Mrs Jruzer and me.
    Options
    7q8qgqyx34fn.jpeg

Oh man, I am already there with the 2nd kid! Third one might just have to eat scraps ;)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've always been of the opinion that there is 1 kid and then there is more than 1 kid. So if you already have two, no need to bother stopping now. I personally tell every new parent I meet to stop at 1.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We stopped at two. My first was and is a little angel most of the time and made parenting seem really easy and no biggie. Number 2 changed our minds...he can be very sweet, but he can also be the spawn of the devil...he can go from Hyde to Jeckyll in like 3 seconds flat.
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We stopped at two. My first was and is a little angel most of the time and made parenting seem really easy and no biggie. Number 2 changed our minds...he can be very sweet, but he can also be the spawn of the devil...he can go from Hyde to Jeckyll in like 3 seconds flat.

OMG, Same here. I always wanted 3, but the 2nd one definitely makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with me :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Gahh my second is exactly like that. Omg I don't know what I am going to do :o
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    My third kid is hilarious

Your mileage may vary

Same here! My third is totally giving us a run for our money, but she is also the funniest thing. My husband had to convince me to have a third and while it would have been easier to stick with two, I can't imagine life with her. Also, I love that there will be more of them together as they grow up.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    lisaepell wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    My third kid is hilarious

Your mileage may vary

Same here! My third is totally giving us a run for our money, but she is also the funniest thing. My husband had to convince me to have a third and while it would have been easier to stick with two, I can't imagine life with her. Also, I love that there will be more of them together as they grow up.

My third is turning my hair grey. First one, no problem. Second, he's the easiest of the bunch - basically raises himself. Third one....my God, give me strength.
  • getbehindthebarnes
    getbehindthebarnes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    personally, the jump from one to two was big, but it was NOTHING like the jump from 2 to 3... yikes!

now, that everyone is a little older and able to care more for themselves, I love having 3! some challenges like needing a little more room in the house, car, etc. but its workable!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Funny so many with the third causing trouble, our second is a demon monster but I love him to death and honestly, I'd have had a third but we had trouble between the first and second, so when the second one was healthy my wife wanted to stop there which I was also okay with. It was hard having issues between so we weren't comfortable risking that again.