SAHMU Team BLACK (closed group)

Options

Replies

• circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in....no workout today, no cardio, just shopping at Ikea. Which on a Sunday, could be considered an Olympic track & field event!! I feel like I've blown it with my carbs this week-end!! I feel really bloated, and I'm craving sweets, which I don't do every often.
    Well tomorrow is a new day, I'll go back to 20g carbs a day for two days and should be back on track....we'll see.
    Hope everyone had a good week-end, nite!

Wow, that is pretty impressive that you can do 20g carbs a day ,,, I used to remember thinking how a jolly rancher has like 5g! lol And you have IKEA where you are, I've always wanted to go ... but none around me!

The first two days of doing South Beach Diet was the hardest thing ever!! After that it was pretty simple, once your body stops craving the carbs.
    I only go back to 20g when I feel like I've strayed to far for my normal way of eating. This last week I had too many processed carbs, and started feeling like I was wanting more and more of it, I don't know how I made it out of Ikea without eating at least one of their cinnamon rolls, but I did!!!! I usually keep my carbs around 35 - 40%, which is around 100 - 140g.
    this is the only way I can lose weight, when I was younger I didn't have to watch my carbs at all, just exercise and keep my calories in line. Whole different ball game now!!!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

So, a part of this weeks challenge is to post how many calories you have burned each day on the spreed sheet, but also post here in the thread what you have been doing to burn those calories. Ooppps, I kinda dropped the ball on that one!

But, mine are pretty simple. The past two days I went and did laps in the swimming pool, participated in an aquatic fitness class, walked the dogs, and did the treadmill.

I do the strength training, like lunges, squats, etc ... but I do not log them into my calorie intake into MFP because I don't think it accurately calculates it - that's just my quirk .. and I feel i have an extra cushion.

So what have you all been doing for your workouts?

I do a little yoga and cardio on the Wii and then some strength training just like you but I hardly ever log that either. I also chase after a 2 year old most of the day but I dont log that either because, I was doing that before and it didnt help me lose weight one bit LOL.

LOL I'm sure you built muscles with mom arm's and legs though!

LOL Yes I did, except I favor my right side, in everything, and those muscles are way more built then the ones of the left side. Im working on the lefty's though!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Im back ladies, it was a long stressful weekend. Hubby started his second year of college today and all weekend I was hard at work trying to get him set and ready to go. Sitting at a computer all day sunday did absolutely nothing for me, so last night after it cooled off I went for a long walk, no power walking or anything just a stroll, calculated and burned about 600 calories! As of today, I've gotte through the leg lifts, squats, crunches, pushups and up and downs. Just have to finish it all up with lunges tomorrow. I've been feeling really sluggish lately, and completely unmotivated, told my husband I thought I might just quit all together because I worked SO hard to get under 250 and when I finally did the weigh flew off in 2 weeks, but now Im trying to get past that 240 mark the scale is being stupid saying 1 day I lost 3 lbs and the next I gained 6 back, I weighed at the same time, did the exact same workout and ate almost the same amount of calories. I just dnt get it sometimes. Trying to stick with it but IDK sometimes I just feel like taking a break for a few weeks sure would be nice!
  • circusmom
    Options
    Well, I did my push-ups today! All I have left are the lunges, yeah!!
    It was harder than I remember keeping my carbs down to 20g's. It made it even harder since I didn't plan on doing this until last night, so I didn't pick up anything "carb free" to enjoy. Makes my choices very limited and very boring! Ah well only one more day and I should be back to the norm.
    I'm off to do some cardio.........

P.S. The groupon ad next to the thread box has the most amazing custardy looking cupcakes on it....damn it, I'm trying to go carb free, and I don't think those come in a carb free flavor!!!! All I can think of is linking the screen for a small taste, ...no, no, no, back to my cardio!
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    Im back ladies, it was a long stressful weekend. Hubby started his second year of college today and all weekend I was hard at work trying to get him set and ready to go. Sitting at a computer all day sunday did absolutely nothing for me, so last night after it cooled off I went for a long walk, no power walking or anything just a stroll, calculated and burned about 600 calories! As of today, I've gotte through the leg lifts, squats, crunches, pushups and up and downs. Just have to finish it all up with lunges tomorrow. I've been feeling really sluggish lately, and completely unmotivated, told my husband I thought I might just quit all together because I worked SO hard to get under 250 and when I finally did the weigh flew off in 2 weeks, but now Im trying to get past that 240 mark the scale is being stupid saying 1 day I lost 3 lbs and the next I gained 6 back, I weighed at the same time, did the exact same workout and ate almost the same amount of calories. I just dnt get it sometimes. Trying to stick with it but IDK sometimes I just feel like taking a break for a few weeks sure would be nice!

I have been feeling the same way!!! I know we just have to keep going, but lately I have been overwhelmed with trying to move and a divorce and trying to get healthy somedays it seems like to much.
    Great job on getting all of your strength challenges done, I have been sick the past two days so I am going to try to get back on track tomorrow and complete my weeks goal.
    Wish me luck!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options

I have been feeling the same way!!! I know we just have to keep going, but lately I have been overwhelmed with trying to move and a divorce and trying to get healthy somedays it seems like to much.
    Great job on getting all of your strength challenges done, I have been sick the past two days so I am going to try to get back on track tomorrow and complete my weeks goal.
    Wish me luck!

Hope you are feeling better! Sorry to hear about your struggles, but we can beat all of this! Im here for you girl!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to hear that it was a stressful week. I know we all get those weeks and feel like it's just a bit overwhelming and then the easiest thing to drop is the weight-loss and exercise part. But, stick with it ... maybe don't focus so much on what the scale says but just eat right and stay active. Maybe after a few weeks when you do finally get on the scale you will be happily surprised. Sometimes, the scale is the most stressful part of this journey because it messes with our heads! I'm sure it will get better soon once the school start up gets into it's normal groove. Hang in there Ashley!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options

Wish me luck!

You hang in there too! I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Well, I did my push-ups today! All I have left are the lunges, yeah!!
    It was harder than I remember keeping my carbs down to 20g's. It made it even harder since I didn't plan on doing this until last night, so I didn't pick up anything "carb free" to enjoy. Makes my choices very limited and very boring! Ah well only one more day and I should be back to the norm.
    I'm off to do some cardio.........

P.S. The groupon ad next to the thread box has the most amazing custardy looking cupcakes on it....damn it, I'm trying to go carb free, and I don't think those come in a carb free flavor!!!! All I can think of is linking the screen for a small taste, ...no, no, no, back to my cardio!

LOL, well licking it is carb free and calorie free so go for it! LOL. I hope you have a great workout!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    I had a great day today! I began my day with some push-ups and lunges, and then went to the pool did some laps, then participated in my aqua fitness class, had an intermission and then did a couple hours on the treadmill. I'm wired like the energizer bunny right now ... eeeeeeekkkk..

Is everyone excited for weigh-in day?! It's just two days away! Everyone make sure to get their child friendly recipes in, and their emotional challenge in by tomorrow (note to self)!

I'm so proud of us all for all the calories burned this week and it looks like we will all meet our calorie goal burn for the week! But, more than that I'm proud of each of us for staying with our commitments, and this challenge! No matter what the results are, we have given ourselves and our bodies the best gift you could possibly give - a healthier version of you, and increased vitality and lives! Be proud!

Have a great day tomorrow you all!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    I had a great day today! I began my day with some push-ups and lunges, and then went to the pool did some laps, then participated in my aqua fitness class, had an intermission and then did a couple hours on the treadmill. I'm wired like the energizer bunny right now ... eeeeeeekkkk..

Is everyone excited for weigh-in day?! It's just two days away! Everyone make sure to get their child friendly recipes in, and their emotional challenge in by tomorrow (note to self)!

I'm so proud of us all for all the calories burned this week and it looks like we will all meet our calorie goal burn for the week! But, more than that I'm proud of each of us for staying with our commitments, and this challenge! No matter what the results are, we have given ourselves and our bodies the best gift you could possibly give - a healthier version of you, and increased vitality and lives! Be proud!

Have a great day tomorrow you all!
  • circusmom
    Options

Wish me luck!

Divorce is never easy, it takes alot out if you, not just emotionally, physically also. I've been there, and it does get better, even if you can't meet all the challenges try to make time to do one thing for yourself each day. It's easy to lose yourself in all the stress of whats going on. Take it day by day, it will get better and you will come out of it all stronger!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Got the last bit of my calories logged today! And finished the strength stuff to with some lunges! After I worked out I rearranged and cleaned the bedroom/kitchen and burned even more calories! Feeling pretty great today after my mini-meltdown yesterday! Hope everyone is doing great! So ready for weigh-in tomorrow! Excited to see everyones progress! Hope y'all are having a good day!
  • circusmom
    Options
    Lunges done!!! Met all of my challenges!! See everyone tomorrow for weigh-in.
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers

Instead of batter-dipped, deep-fried nuggets, we coat chicken tenders in a seasoned almond and whole-wheat flour crust and then oven-fry them to perfection. With half the fat of standard breaded chicken tenders, you can enjoy to your (healthy) heart's content.

Makes 4 servings | Active Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
    Ingredients

Canola oil cooking spray
    1/2 cup sliced almonds
    1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    4 large egg whites
    1 pound chicken tenders, (see Ingredient Note)

Preparation

Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
    Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
    Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture.) Place the tenders on the prepared rack and coat with cooking spray; turn and spray the other side.
    Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.

Nutrition

Per serving : 174 Calories; 4 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 2 g Mono; 66 mg Cholesterol; 4 g Carbohydrates; 27 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 254 mg Sodium; 76 mg Potassium

Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1/2 fat
    Tips & Notes

Ingredient note: Chicken tenders, virtually fat-free, are a strip of rib meat typically found attached to the underside of the chicken breast, but they can also be purchased separately. Four 1-ounce tenders will yield a 3-ounce cooked portion. Tenders are perfect for quick stir-fries, chicken satay or kid-friendly breaded “chicken fingers.”

Emotional Challenge: I would use the excuse that I didn't have enough time or money to exercise and eat well. Now, I make time no matter what and do the best Ic an with the budget I have. I realize that I am not the only one who benefits from my being healthier.

Exercise challenge complete!
  • AmerTunsi
    Options
    Everyone don't forget that weigh-in is tomorrow! Be sure to post in here and on the chart what your points and weight are for this week! i'm excited to see everyone's results!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • Emmabella11
    Options
    I am so sorry I have been missing, I got really sick this week and I am still not feeling well, I hope tomorrow I feel better and I am able to exercise. I hope everyone else is doing well, it looks like it. Great Job!
    Also my internent went down but I hope to get it fixed this week. I still want to be a part of this so don't count me out.

Cardio- 1 ( I logged my calorie) Hope this counts
    Strength- 3 ( I got sick and could not complete all the days)
    Food- 1
    Emotional-1

Emotional Challenge:
    The excuses I have made in the past are..Its because of my pregnancies, I am a single mom, I am going through a divorce. It is hard to get out of this when everything seems to be so overwhelming some times but I want tochange my life for myself and my daughters so no more excuses. (except today because I feel awful..lol)
  • circusmom
    Options
    Strength - 1 ...... or is it 7 for all the days completed??
    Cardio- 1
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe- 1

No weight loss, but no gain either!!
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Strength - 1 ...... or is it 7 for all the days completed??
    Cardio- 1
    Emotional- 1
    Recipe- 1

No weight loss, but no gain either!!

Its one point per day of strength
  • bella_babe_86
    Options
    Cardio-1pt
    Strength-6pts
    Food Challenge-1pt
    Emotional Challenge-1pt.

9pts total

SW-258
    Wk4-246.5
    Wk5-244.7
    Down 1.8 lbs, not what I wanted but It will have to do! Hoping for a little more next week!