Built bars

Has anyone tried built bars? Are they worth the price? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I can't answer but I've been thinking about trying them since I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Quest Beyond Cereal Bars. Some people in this thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10064318/new-products-that-caught-your-eyes-recently#latest have tried them so you might want to do a more targeted search for the posts.
  • jenniferanderson3888
    jenniferanderson3888 Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you
  • lightenuplori
    lightenuplori Posts: 17 Member
    Yes! I love the salted caramel, coconut and chocolate creme ones. They are better refrigerated or frozen and they dont get frozen solid. The inside is sort of like a marshmallow or a nougat consistency. If you dont refrigerate or freeze them, you can really taste the erythritol in them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I can't answer but I've been thinking about trying them since I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Quest Beyond Cereal Bars. Some people in this thread https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10064318/new-products-that-caught-your-eyes-recently#latest have tried them so you might want to do a more targeted search for the posts.

You should try a free sample of built bars, you can get a 6 pack sampler for free!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Thank you

A few have reviewed in the new products that caught your eye thread. I personally liked 2 of the flavors, but wasn't crazy about them as much as others. Some people rave about them though, so it's worth a try!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I really like the raspberry and orange ones. The more you purchase, the more the price goes down. A lot of protein, for the calories. I would suggest getting the sample assortment.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

You should try a free sample of built bars, you can get a 6 pack sampler for free!

Hey Noreen! How did you get a free pack? :)

And to OP: Yes, they're great! Nougat inside and a real chocolate shell. They're more like a candy bar with added protein. I think of it as a sweet treat rather than a meal replacement. My favorite flavors are strawberry, rapsberry, and coconut. Salted caramel is really nice too. The only one I didn't like was mint because it's a strong, toothpaste kinda mint, but that's just my opinion :)
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    I love built bars. My fave is coconut and chocolate. I have some strawberry coming in the mail that I'm really excited to try. I think you can get a sample box using the code jennswwsample for $7
  • glassyo

I'm working on the built bucks thing. I'm just waiting on the birthday one which I may have fudged a little. Or is there another way?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    No that’s it haha, once t passes the day you set you will get. You could always move your bday up lol.

I'm working on the built bucks thing. I'm just waiting on the birthday one which I may have fudged a little. Or is there another way?

• Noreenmarie1234

And to OP: Yes, they're great! Nougat inside and a real chocolate shell. They're more like a candy bar with added protein. I think of it as a sweet treat rather than a meal replacement. My favorite flavors are strawberry, rapsberry, and coconut. Salted caramel is really nice too. The only one I didn't like was mint because it's a strong, toothpaste kinda mint, but that's just my opinion :)

Sign up for rewards member then do all the shares and likes etc to earn points (dont have to even do them u just click and it gives u the points whether u actually like the fb or not etc) then set birthday to being in a week or two and you will get 150 now for doing all the likes and stuff and 200 for birthday so can redeem for 10 off code and 5 off code (10 covers sample box and free shipping) 🙂
  • glassyo
    No that’s it haha, once t passes the day you set you will get. You could always move your bday up lol.

LOL it just passed so I moved it up like 51 weeks. :p
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

Sign up for rewards member then do all the shares and likes etc to earn points (dont have to even do them u just click and it gives u the points whether u actually like the fb or not etc) then set birthday to being in a week or two and you will get 150 now for doing all the likes and stuff and 200 for birthday so can redeem for 10 off code and 5 off code (10 covers sample box and free shipping) 🙂

Thanks! :)
  • glassyo

LOL it just passed so I moved it up like 51 weeks. :p

Wait. Math is hard. I made it for Monday! :)
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    The only ones I like were strawberry and orange, and I wasn't a fan of the texture.
  • sarahanne1125
    sarahanne1125 Posts: 14 Member
    I loved them! First off, you have to like dark chocolate. Most of the complaints I've read were either based on bitter aftertaste (dark chocolate can be bitter, but I didn't notice any bitterness) & an off-putting texture. I happen to enjoy both! The texture of the inside is marshmallowy...like the marshmallow santas or bunnies you get during the holidays. Is the price worth it? meeeeehhhhh, idk...for me it's not. I loved them, but after I used up all my trial discounts, I quit buying. Maybe if you have more disposable income than we do 🤷‍♀️
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have gotten three orders so far. I received all three orders within 3 days of ordering. Most recent I received today, 3/23. Placed the order 3/21.

I really like them. I don’t think the chocolate is bitter at all, actually seems like semi sweet dark chocolate.
  • Has anyone tried built bars? Are they worth the price? If so, what is your favorite flavor?
    Has anyone tried built bars? Are they worth the price? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

• Yes! I love them! I tried the coconut and the raspberry. Delicious. Cures my chocolate cravings. I freeze them.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Because of this thread, I ordered a 16 count box a few days ago so I could try all nine flavors. I was impressed by the amount of protein you get for the calorie amount. Reading more responses, I'm even more excited to try them now because I love dark chocolate. It says they'll arrive on 3/29 though, so I'll report back next week if this thread is still going.