Cool whip Mix-ins

Options
zeejane03
zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
So the Fage thread mentioned Cool Whip, which I never buy but I decided to take a look at while at the store today. I now have a tub of Cool Whip Oreos Mix-ins in my freezer and I have no idea what to do with it lol.

Has anyone tried this before? Did you eat it plain or mix it with something? They also had a brownie mix in option, probably should have grabbed that too!

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    So the Fage thread mentioned Cool Whip, which I never buy but I decided to take a look at while at the store today. I now have a tub of Cool Whip Oreos Mix-ins in my freezer and I have no idea what to do with it lol.

Has anyone tried this before? Did you eat it plain or mix it with something? They also had a brownie mix in option, probably should have grabbed that too!

Take a spoon. Dip it in the container. Bring said spoon to your mouth. Enjoy.

Or there was a suggestion to eat it as ice cream in one of those little cake ice cream cones.

Seriously. Just the spoon will work. :)
  • zeejane03
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Or there was a suggestion to eat it as ice cream in one of those little cake ice cream cones.

Thanks, love the ice cream cone idea!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Definitely have enjoyed a good tub of plain cool whip before I quickly realized that that amount of cool whip is not appreciated by my intestines. I'm not sure if I totally regret it, though; it was quite delicious.
  • zeejane03
    Options
    Just gave it a try and it tasted really good! Reminded me of chocolate mousse :) I'm not a big sweets fan but it was a nice way to end a savory meal!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    like you crumbled up oreos and mixed in? oh man good. I would just grab a spoon and eat it like that. the cake cone would just remove calories i could put to eating more cool whip ;)

cool whip is my go to these past few months. i'll eat it just plain but mostly mix it with jello. so so good. i just finished eating it :P I could eat 10 more. when i have extra calories i add graham cumbs - prefer it frozen.
  • zeejane03
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    like you crumbled up oreos and mixed in? oh man good. I would just grab a spoon and eat it like that. the cake cone would just remove calories i could put to eating more cool whip ;)

cool whip is my go to these past few months. i'll eat it just plain but mostly mix it with jello. so so good. i just finished eating it :P I could eat 10 more. when i have extra calories i add graham cumbs - prefer it frozen.

You are in so much trouble :D
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cool-Whip-Mix-Ins-Oreo-Whipped-Topping-8-oz-Tub/905892809

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cool-Whip-Mix-Ins-Double-Chocolate-Brownie-Whipped-Topping-8-oz-Tub/548864088
  • glassyo
    Options

You are in so much trouble :D
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cool-Whip-Mix-Ins-Oreo-Whipped-Topping-8-oz-Tub/905892809

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cool-Whip-Mix-Ins-Double-Chocolate-Brownie-Whipped-Topping-8-oz-Tub/548864088

LOL it didn't take you long to become a convert.
  • Panini911
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WOW! i am always picking up cool whip at various stores (cheaper at wal-mart so yes often there) and have NEVER ever seen that.

man we have the saddest stores in Canada...

BUT i can just grab a box of oreos...or fudgeos. or quality top notch chocolate and cut it up...

eta: wal-mart recommends chocolate sirop and marshmallows with the oreo cool-whip...
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I've had the brownie one. My daughter and I ate it by the spoonful and it was gone in a week. :D
  • Panini911
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I've had the brownie one. My daughter and I ate it by the spoonful and it was gone in a week. :D

A week? man i go thru a tub in less than a week on my own of just hte plain stuff...
  • glassyo
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »

A week? man i go thru a tub in less than a week on my own of just hte plain stuff...

LOL yeah I was gonna say....a whole week?? :)
  • glassyo
    Options
    WOW! i am always picking up cool whip at various stores (cheaper at wal-mart so yes often there) and have NEVER ever seen that.

man we have the saddest stores in Canada...

BUT i can just grab a box of oreos...or fudgeos. or quality top notch chocolate and cut it up...

eta: wal-mart recommends chocolate sirop and marshmallows with the oreo cool-whip...

Try the dollar stores. That's where I found it. None of my normal grocery stores had it and I only walk into an actual Walmart once in a blue moon these days (I buy everything online).
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I get the sugar free cool whip...a bit of PB2 powder and drizzle with sugar free chocolate syrup. Takes care of sweet tooth!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Quote “cool whip is my go to these past few months. i'll eat it just plain but mostly mix it with jello. so so good. i just finished eating it :P I could eat 10 more. when i have extra calories i add graham cumbs - prefer it frozen.”

Is there a recipe?
  • glassyo
    Options
    Or I just had it with a box of sugar free fat free pudding...cheesecake flavored. It thickened up the couple days it lasted in the fridge. :)

@trisH_7183 I'd venture to say take a container of cool whip and dump a box of jello in it and stir. :)
  • Panini911
    Options
    @just_Tomek maybe for the best...

@dsboohead I seriously considered p2b tonight but did not try it...for another night!

@trisH_7183 Sugar Free chocolate Jell-o Pudding Cup and spoon in the coop whip. Drizzle (pour?) the graham crumbs. I admit to not measuring the cool whip but i do weigh the graham crakcer crumbs. I sometimes put the cool whip on a little plate on the side to make it easier to cram even MORE into the little pudding cup slowly over time. Or you know, dump all the above in a bowl ;)

Tonight's cool whip fun: jello, graham cracker crumbs, cool whip and just for fun, 4 peanut butter chip its! so good.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I bought this today....the oreo kind and it is divinely delicious BUT when I weighed out a serving it made me want to cry. The amount....22 g.....was TINY. Like to put it in a plain cone (15 calories) and make it just even with the top....not heaped like ice cream....would take 6-8 servings. It took up less.than half of a small spoon. I was thinking 2 tbsp...hey that's quite a bit right? Nope....when weighing it out it is minuscule. So sad because it is soooooo good.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If you like pumpkin spice, mix a can of pumpkin with a tub of cool whip and pumpkin pie spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger, or use the already combined pumpkin pie spice). It’s got pumpkin so it’s healthy, right😉
  • zeejane03
    Options
    I bought this today....the oreo kind and it is divinely delicious BUT when I weighed out a serving it made me want to cry. The amount....22 g.....was TINY. Like to put it in a plain cone (15 calories) and make it just even with the top....not heaped like ice cream....would take 6-8 servings. It took up less.than half of a small spoon. I was thinking 2 tbsp...hey that's quite a bit right? Nope....when weighing it out it is minuscule. So sad because it is soooooo good.

I'm using it as a cheaper option to Halo Top, so a similar calorie comparison would be a decent amount :)
  • Panini911
    Options
    Haha i made the decision to not weigh cool whip :P until i see an issue with my loss i refuse to address that ;)

But having said that, I am trying to become more mindful about the extent the portion creep has crept in, will back on on that.