Keto vs calorie counting

Options
I'm engaged in a lively Facebook discussion about the importance of hitting your calorie targets. Many people these days seem to view this approach to weight loss as archaic (i dont). They claim you can eat much more food on a keto (high fat) diet and still lose weight. I think these people are fooling themselves and probably havent done the math around their daily caloric intake and burn.

Is there any truth to the claim that you can overeat on keto and lose weight because it's all healthy fats/low carb?

Replies

• KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know were talking calories here..but in my opinion from someone who tried keto, the only way it seems like you can eat more, is if your not actually tracking calories, just mainly your carbs.. and consuming all proteins and vegetables, as keto friendly vegetables have next to nothing in them, and prot has little to no carbs so it seems like you can eat alot more as appose to a unhealthy persons old ways of eating where a big mac and fries alone would put you over your carbs and calories for a day then it seems like you cant have nothing else if your trying to stay in a set cal/carb goal. When i did it, i rarely looked at my calories. Until you do, and realize cheese..prot and fats depending where you get them from has ALOT of calories that can add up quick