Novice Runner Challenge *100 Miles In September*

Options
Okay gang, Summer is finally nearing it's end, and I for one could not be happier. These days of 100degree + heat are enough to wear you out, so let's say goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall with a nice little challenge (outdoor preferred). For the month of September we're going to have a 100 mile club, and I'd love having you be a member of it! That's a little over 3 miles a day, and for most of us would equate to about a 350-500 calorie burn, so what do you say? I love running, but I love challenges more, so this can be the first of many. If you are a novice runner like me, and want to help motivate me (or vice versa), please feel free to add me as a friend.

SW=218
CW=189
GW=185 and ripped!

Replies

• nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :happy:
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :happy:

Oops! Posted twice... sorry.
  • RakhiK
    RakhiK Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in, perfect way for me to get back into running!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Okay gang, Summer is finally nearing it's end, and I for one could not be happier. These days of 100degree + heat are enough to wear you out, so let's say goodbye to Summer and hello to Fall with a nice little challenge (outdoor preferred). For the month of September we're going to have a 100 mile club, and I'd love having you be a member of it! That's a little over 3 miles a day, and for most of us would equate to about a 350-500 calorie burn, so what do you say? I love running, but I love challenges more, so this can be the first of many. If you are a novice runner like me, and want to help motivate me (or vice versa), please feel free to add me as a friend.

SW=218
    CW=189
    GW=185 and ripped!

Hi Jason, Is it running only or can we use run/walk?
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! :)
  • aarce
    aarce Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm in as well!
  • witchymama77
    witchymama77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    oh man! I would love to join!!!! Please count me in :)
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Love to join! count me in!
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh and if anyone else uses runkeeper.com, look me up. http://runkeeper.com/user/biddysaurus/profile
    I just started using runkeeper about a month ago and love that I can track running, biking, walking, skating, etc. on there and it separates it out for me so I know how much of each I did. :)
  • akgary
    akgary Posts: 52
    Options
    id love to join in:)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Dude, count me in! I have been running consistently again for the last couple of months. 100 miles in September is a great challenge. My goal will be to do 5 days of running and get in the 25 miles needed each week.
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    I'd love to join! There is a 5k or 10k October 1st so this will be even more motivation to get ready!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    forgot to say i was in!

have a runkeeper acct but have not been using it since i started on here. maybe i'll try to do both.
    all this logging is soooooooo time consuming.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I want in! I have two races scheduled after September and I really would like better times! Hopefully the humidity breaks :happy:
  • missmelinda
    missmelinda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I might be crazy, but I'm IN! If anything I'll run a whole lot more than I usually do and that'd be great!
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I typically run 3 miles about 5 times a week so I'm going to have to step it up!
  • k9fan4life
    Options
    I love a challange, count me in!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Well since i need 116 miles before Oct 1st to make 1,000 in a 12 month period, this fits right in.

Although I would hesitate to call a 100 mile month a "novice" level.
    Challenging oneself is good, but people need to be careful upping thier mileage too abruptly.