Things people do that annoy you. In general. And how you are annoying.

Options

Replies

• julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I disappear and shut down on people, leaving them to wonder if they did something wrong.

My biggest pet peeve is kitchen cabinets open.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I get annoyed when someone asks me with curiosity where I'm from and when I tell them they suddenly become incredulous. WHAT ANSWER WERE YOU LOOKING FOR

i get asked “what nationality are u” of “what your heritage” a lot and then get that same response

My undergrad is in cultural anthropology so I’m guilty of that question! I’m fascinated by humans and culture.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    i am annoying bc my long term memory is a little faulty

I am annoying because my long term memory is a little too good.
  • a10383748
    a10383748 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I'm driving on the road and someone passes me up in an indignant manner, as though I'm somehow doing them a wrong, only to greatly slow down and make a right turn off the road. It's like "Dude. You could've waited 10 extra seconds to make that turn rather than cutting me off to make it."

What's annoying about me? Ask my ex :D
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    When I’m driving and give way to someone and they don’t wave to say “thanks”.

When the person in front doesn’t hold the door for me. I’ll always look behind me to see if there’s anyone there and I’ll hold the door open for them but some people just let it slam in your face lol.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when someone steals my memes.

I annoy people when I'm annoyed at them over stolen memes I haven't even used yet.

I'm just so good at stealing your memes too, it's just so amazing. It makes me feel good too.

ar3chsb8wl87.gif
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    People that complain a lot or are overly cynical annoy me. I just ignore them. I'm sure my positivity annoys these types of people.

Nothing against you but I think it’s annoying when people are annoyed by my complaining. It’s called venting and if you are my friend it is your responsibility, even duty, if you will, to listen to me. And agree. And maybe to give me ice cream.

I dont mind my friends or family venting to me sometimes when they have a problem. What is annoying to me is people who constantly complain about everything. Everything out of their mouth is negative.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when someone asks me with curiosity where I'm from and when I tell them they suddenly become incredulous. WHAT ANSWER WERE YOU LOOKING FOR

Just gonna start telling people "Greenland" from now on. Blow their feeble little minds.

Now I want to know where you are from.

:)
  • cee134
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

Just gonna start telling people "Greenland" from now on. Blow their feeble little minds.

Now I want to know where you are from.

:)

I know. Because for some reason I know miscellaneous things like that. If it's where I think it is, it is one of my favorite places in that area of that country.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I find virtue signaling the most annoying thing of all, in general.

And how am I annoying? I'll let the MFPers decide and tell me. Heaven knows they've hinted around enough about it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

And how am I annoying? I'll let the MFPers decide and tell me. Heaven knows they've hinted around enough about it.

pffft.... like you need to ask.

B)
  • cee134
    edited March 2019
    Options

I have no idea what you are talking about. But I, for some reason, think of this song when you said that, I don't know why, it just does.

"HOSTILES ON THE HILL" — A Bad Lip Reading of The Empire Strikes Back
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAOdRq-1lw&list=PLTta6a5AOXRyhEVltILonmKf6t3_7JIKH&index=4
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I have no idea what you are talking about. But I, for some reason, think of this song when you said that, I don't know why, it just does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAOdRq-1lw&list=PLTta6a5AOXRyhEVltILonmKf6t3_7JIKH&index=4

Well okay.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Well okay.

It's ok to be sad. It's a sad song.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    When people don’t respect my personal space, that really annoys me. This is on par with people who just don’t shut up and understand social cues.

For me, I cut people off when they are talking and it’s my biggest issue with myself. I’m really working on it. But it’s normally because I’m dealing with people who don’t shut up and understand social cues.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    how am I annoying ??

I suppose, in most every possible way imaginable.
  • bjdw_1977
    bjdw_1977 Posts: 442 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I share a standing desk at work with another guy. We practically spend 9 hours a day standing a meter apart. He eats four to five times a day. He chews with his mouth open. The noises, oh, THE NOISES. They don't just annoy me, they get right inside my head and make me want to KILL HIM WITH FIRE. (Well, maybe not actually kill him, perhaps just singe a little.)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I have certain family members who are constantly coming over unannounced, and if the doors aren't all locked, they will just walk in without knocking. This annoys me. It probably annoys them that when they do this, I roll my eyes and say, "oh sorry, I didn't let you in, I didn't hear you knock." It also probably annoys them that on the rare occasions when I do know they are coming over, I purposely lock all the doors to "teach them" to knock. Then it annoys me when instead of knocking, they call my cell phone and tell me they are at my front door.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Tardiness for no legitimate reason annoys me. I also hate waiting! If I have an appointment to the doctor, or for a haircut, or manicure, or WHATEVER IT IS, don't make me wait more than 10 minutes. Your time is not more important than mine, I don't care how many degrees you have.

What's annoying about me is that I will point it out to the staff, manager or whoever is responsible for setting a schedule they can't stick to.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yep, people suck. My biggest annoyance is people who accept nearly every invitation ever offered but never reciprocate, ever.

I'm annoying because after a while, I'll call people out on this.