Will my extreme hunger go away?

I have been on a chronic diet the last few months and i recently found out it was all wrong for my metabolism. Now i have been trying to eat more but after starting to eat again, i feel like my appetite has grown so much. I am scared to not be able to gain control and overeat and REGAIN or overshoot the weight i have successfully lost. Am i doomed to this weight gain? Idk what i should do.. i dont have to mental strength to continue to count calories anymore.

Replies

• zefanyya
    zefanyya Posts: 9 Member
    I am so scared and regretful to have gone with the diet in the first place. I am really lost and scared to gain more weight than i had before. (I was not underweight to begin with)
  • zefanyya
    zefanyya Posts: 9 Member
    So idk exactly how much i was on but i know i was eating less than 1000cals on some days and exercising. Is it normal for me to feel this ravenous around food? I felt less hungry in my restrictive state
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    For me a daily walk of 45 to 60 minutes seems to help. Good luck and hang in there. You can do it but it takes time and patience to find the path that works for you.

Good advice from all the posters.

Also, I too have found that a longish walk at a moderate pace reduces my appetite.

• Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    First of all stressing makes it worse. I'm speaking from experience. I lost 103 pounds and then was so afraid to gain it back I think I was retaining water from the stress! Crazy I know but my whole world was being consumed with it. Try to relax.

The next thing to look at is why are you so hungry. Everyone seems to be different but take a look at your macros. Personally I find the more refined carbs I eat the hungrier I get. When I went to maintenance I experienced what you are because all my extra calories came in as starchy foods. I have made an effort to try to get a bit more protein and fat and that seems to help. I also find when I'm short on fibrous veggies I get hungrier. You can lose weight on any foods as long as you eat less calories than you burn but not every calorie is as satisfying as the other and everyone seems to be different as far as what satisfies them. You will have to experiment until you understand your own physiology.

If you aren't getting any exercise you might try some moderate exercise to help reduce your appetite. For me a daily walk of 45 to 60 minutes seems to help. Good luck and hang in there. You can do it but it takes time and patience to find the path that works for you.

Yes! Eating filling high nutrient food really helps.