How far are you from your goal weight?

Hey guys was just wondering how far y'all are from your goal weight. Where'd you start? Where are you at now? How'd you get there? Struggles?
I'll start.
Height: 5'7"
SW: 195
Current: 142-144
Goal weight: 135 then reevaluate.
I feel pretty good at the weight I am now. Just want to tone up and thin out a little.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Height 5'11"
    SW: 235
    CW: 210
    GW: 185

I am pretty much exactly at the halfway point to my first goal. I think once I get there, I might want to try to push lower, as I will technically still be outside of healthy BMI. But we will see how I look and feel when I get there.
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    TerranandKaylynsmommy Posts: 321 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Height 5'11"
    SW: 235
    CW: 210
    GW: 185

I am pretty much exactly at the halfway point to my first goal. I think once I get there, I might want to try to push lower, as I will technically still be outside of healthy BMI. But we will see how I look and feel when I get there.

Great start :)
  • meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    Height 5’7
    SW - 219ish
    CW - 193
    GW - around 160
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    I'm about halfway.

Height: 5'1''
    SW: 192
    CW: 148
    GW: 110

Obstacles:

Making sure I was consuming calorie-dense foods and not slipping back into "sugar-free jello for breakfast and lunch so I can binge at night" like I did the first time (it did not turn out well).

Realizing that losing weight doesn't solve my self-esteem problems. In fact, they probably made them worse, but hey, I'm working on it and feeling better about it.

That is amazing. Great job :) I suffer from low self-esteem also. It's so hard to get out of sometimes.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    6'3
    Sw 240 (11/18)
    Cw 209
    Gw 200 (may change later or stay)

Loose by counting cal and walking more.

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    5'6"

SW: 217
    CW: 198
    GW: 140

Struggles: emotional eating, upping my protein for satiety
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    5'11.5"
    SW: 165 (June 2018, though for years before that I was cycling up and down the same 7-10 pounds due to overly restricting then binging and having a semi-crappy relationship with food)
    GW: 155 (reached Oct 2018)
    CW: 152 (and a better relationship with food--less under and over eating)

Didn't have much to lose, but I also did a fair amount of recomp. Had very little muscle before because I was either lazy or a cardio bunny (running, which was hard on my hypermobile joints). Now I primarily do yoga and weights. Cardio is usually just walking around or using my stationary bike desk.

Part of me wants to get below 150 but for no real purpose. I'm just eating at roughly maintenance and seeing what happens.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    I'm on week 2 of getting serious, before that I wasn't watching what I eat and I was doing 30 minutes a day on the treadmill 3-4 days a week (but not really pushing myself hard enough at that).

Height: 5'1"
    SW: 176
    CW: 173
    GW: 130

I am really upset with myself for putting weight back on after a 50+lb loss so I need to quit beating myself up over it and just refocus on getting fit.
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Height 171 cm ish
    Sw 117kg
    Cw 72.5kg
    Gw 70kg

Going to slowly work up to maintenance after i hit 70 then decide what i want to do then. Might set a new goal might try build a bit of muscle.
  • oneillm45
    oneillm45 Posts: 44 Member
    5'6"

SW: 159ish
    CW: 149ish
    GW: Under 140.

I don't have a number goal in mind beyond getting below 140 and seeing how I feel then. I want to start weight training at that point. I'm currently focused on getting back into running regularly.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 2019
    Height: 5'9"
    SW: 305
    Current: 260
    Goal weight: 225 then reevaluate

This is my second big weight loss effort. The first time, I "officially" started at 365 and got to 235; over the course of 3 years and a stressful job change, I gained half of the weight back and had to start over. I stopped working out and slowly stopped caring about what I was eating. My biggest current obstacle is being too lax on the weekends; a couple of days of drinking beer can negate any gains made during the week. Currently on a self-imposed alcohol hiatus for Lent.
  • cc3833
    cc3833 Posts: 80 Member
    5'0
    SW 191.6
    CW 185.6
    GW 130

I've done the gain and lose weight thing many times... It's the dealing with my issues and maintenance part I've never gotten right. This time around I started Jan 2018... I lost 30 lb by Nov 2018 by doing challenges, counting calories, weighing my food... Still not working on the issues I didn't realize I had... Emotional eating and self sabotage... Gained those 30 lbs back. I don't say I'm starting again because I really never stopped just trying to iron out some things and sometimes food just gets the best of me. Diligently logging and weighing since March 7th and down almost 5 lbs. I seem to be doing better this time by going for 0.5 lb-1lb week loss. I have alot of stressors in my life and this slow loss allows me to eat 2000 calories to avoid the binges... We will see how this goes...
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited March 2019
    About 3-4 pounds from my evaluation point where I see what I want to do next. (I know that going into maintenance will bring a weight spike from replenished glycogen stores and food waste.)

5'4.4"
    Original SW -- way back when, in 2012: 157
    New SW, after an initial 40 pound loss, and then a sharp gain during the year of poorly medicated Thyroid Hell: 137
    CW: 117
    GWish: 113-114
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    I'm on week 2 of getting serious, before that I wasn't watching what I eat and I was doing 30 minutes a day on the treadmill 3-4 days a week (but not really pushing myself hard enough at that).

Height: 5'1"
    SW: 176
    CW: 173
    GW: 130

I am really upset with myself for putting weight back on after a 50+lb loss so I need to quit beating myself up over it and just refocus on getting fit.

Yes, do not beat yourself up. I got down to 152 last year. Back up to 173 and now down to 143. Just get back to it doll. You'll do great