Novice Runner Challenge *100 Miles In September*

Options

Replies

• JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Hi Jason, Is it running only or can we use run/walk?
    [/quote]

I didn't use the quote function correctly, so whoever asked the above question, here's the answer:

We won't discreminate on the walkers of the group, so run/walk is perfectly fine =)

I am excited to see how many willing participants there are, this is going to be great! 100 miles is our mission for September, and for some it's going to be easy, and for others it's quite a lofty goal, but either way fight for it all month long. The worst that will happen is that you're going to have spent a month investing in your health, and I'd bet you're going to suprise yourselves with what you are capable of!

I will send a message to as many of you as possible on September 1 to remind you of the challenge, and then I will be posting my mileage progress weekly (please do the same). We're going to cheer you on to victory, and EVERY person who completes the challenge will have their successes posted in congratulations!

Thank you all so very much!
  • jenkins1103
    jenkins1103 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • becks0127
    Options
    I love this idea! Count me in!
  • teresa060101
    Options
    Ok, since walking counts, count me in.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but I will try my hardest to make the challenge!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'll be here! I set a 100mile goal for August and have already walked/jogged 144. I am loving it! My personal goal will be to run more of it.

Thanks for the motivation.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jules_lives_outloud
    Options
    Count me in. I just completed my first half marathon this past Saturday. I need something to keep my running. :wink:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm in now. Will eclipse the 200mile mark for run/walk by the end of August and will try to go at least one more mile next month. Gotta get better. Excited.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    We could post a link to a mile log website... such as mapmyrun.com

I use it already to map most of my runs... It would help to keep track!
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    Count me in as I change from walk/run to all run. :smile:
  • witchymama77
    witchymama77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    will there be a post to show us how or where to track? or should we just msg ya?
  • Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm doing this and the 30 day shred.. call me crazy but i think i can do it. I'm not a runner, yet, but i will be
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! That is a lofty goal for me, but I need to step up my mileage.
  • jlsmiles22
    Options
    I'm in. :)

I just did 3 miles for the first time last week, so this will be a good goal for me. I walk a lot too but I'm going to try to only count my running miles. :)
  • elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have been doing the walk/run thing for awhile. Count me in. Maybe I can go to more of a run/walk thing!!
    Do I need to do anything else? This is my first challenge.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for this 100 mile running challenge to begin tomorrow Sept 1st. I've been out of my normal routine this week and ready to jump back into running/working out/eating healthier. This is just the ticket! Happy running and walking everyone!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I want to join as well (: I am going to start doing road races periodically so this is perfect timing (: thanks!
  • gerink
    gerink Posts: 50
    Options
    I've always been told to have one day of rest in a week - do we need to incorporate that into the month? :smile:
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If your still open, I'm in :) I have a 5k on the 10th and a half marathon on the 9th of October. :)
    This will help me keep up toward the goal! ;)