5 foot 5 females

Options
2»

Replies

• amaterasuthird
    amaterasuthird Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 5 foot 5 and so far I have lost 10lbs and am currently at 12 stone 12.8.

I have been much smaller in the past but unfortunately I do not know what weight I was back then, so I'm finding it hard to visualise what weight I am aiming for. I know this doesn't really matter and I will keep going until I feel like it's the right weight for me, but anyone else whose 5 foot 5, what weight do you feel good at? What weight would you say you're at before you comfortably a size 10/12?

If you aren't sure what goal to shoot for, look up what is the average intake for a woman your age, and size that is above average fitness. That's what I did.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    5'5" I feel the best at 140 lbs. which is a size 8 on me and sometimes a 6.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I felt best when I was 175 (i'm 5'6) but I was also doing a lot of strength training. When I weighed this I was a US size 10 dresses, size 12 jeans.
    byyy8szxcwim.jpg
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I'm short, 5'1", so I won't put my numbers out there, but I wanted to throw this out there. I am at a weight right now that when I was there previously I was wearing a size 12....today I'm wearing a size 8....today I am much more physically fit than when I was wearing a size 12. As I put weight back on last year I was still staying active and as I used to carry fat all over, I seem to have put most of my weight gain on at my tummy this past year. Long story short, your build is going to have a lot to do with clothing fit....And I think someone said that already ;)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I was in a US 10/12 when I was in the 170s. I'm in 6/8 now at 148/149
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    5'5" or just shy. I usually feel best 150-160. I am currently at 158 (11 stone 4) and looking to loose 10 more lbs before a reevaluation of goals. I am 6-8 US right now or roughly 8-10 UK. I have pretty narrow hips, and a short waist so my waist at 31" is actually beyond what most size charts will say is right but is what fits.
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am a 50 year old Brit living in America, currently 157.5lbs which is 11 stone 3.5lb. I wear a US size 8 in jeans and dresses., UK size 12. I find I go down a size for every 10lb lost. I was 147lb last May before I got sick and was a size 6US 10UK. I am 5' 5" but a petite build. I was 8 5 stone most of my life until kids which is only 119lb. The size UK 10s I was wearing then would not be a 10 now! I think there is a lot of flattery and vanity sizing. Anyway, the most important thing is to be fit and healthy. When I am weight training my body shrinks even if I stay the same number on the scale.
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I’m currently at 184.2
    I’m trying to figure out what I should set my goal at.
    I’m 5’5
    I’m 48 years old
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I would set a goal for 140-145 or thereabouts but see how you feel when you hit 150 and then re-evaluate.