"You don't need to lose any more" - "You don't want to be too thin"

Options
13»

Replies

• JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm at goal now and everybody saying stop losing but I kind of like to lose 10 more and buff up I've never had the opportunity to do that
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I am getting these comments now a lot lately. I still have 10-15 lbs to goal and am not slim by any means. Maybe people are just used to seeing me a bit chubby. I am just under 130 lbs at 5'0" so I have some weight to lose.
  • JTGJTG
    JTGJTG Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    sharon8271 wrote: »
    So I just listen to my doctor rather than anyone else.

That's the key. What does your doctor say? I'm 5'8", 155# and my doc says to stay there.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I started getting it a few months ago. I'm 5'2 and 160, with a goal weight of 125, so I still have quite a bit to go. For the most part, I understand that it's coming from a place of concern (the main person guilty of saying this is honestly concerned I'm a victim of low self esteem and an eating disorder). The thing that's most insane to me, though, is that while I've lost over 120 lbs, it was lost slowly over the course of, like, 10 years!! It's not like I suddenly dropped 100 lbs in a few months!

Mostly I ignore these comments, but the main perpetrator is really getting to me. He has to say something literally every time he sees me, and I'm afraid I'm going to snap at him. I've tried calmly telling him please not to worry. I don't know what else to say at this point that won't come off as rude or overly defensive.

Given that it’s repeated, he’s not likely to listen to anything you have to say. You might try appeal to authority: “Thanks, but my doctor would prefer I lose enough weight to be at a healthy BMI.”