edited March 2019
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in March 2019•

February 2019 - Gain/Loss
    of 4.2 lbs. 28 day average was 175.3

Original starting wgt: 253
    March starting weight: 175.2
    March goal: 170
    ❄Updating every day through March until completely back on track.

•Monday Updates•📌

March 1 - 175.2 - Feeling 90% better today.
    3/2 - 177 - smh😕
    3/3 - 175
    📌3/4 - 177
    3/5 - 174.4
    3/6 - 173
    3/7 - 173.8
    3/8 - 172.6
    3/9 - 172.2
    3/10 - 174.2 - An early weigh in as far as my fasting schedule. I'm experimenting going back to 12/12 for a week or two for a little break. Expected from increased carbs, but, seems that I haven't learned my lesson about drinking salty water late in the evening.😦 It's okay. 19g carbs, 14g net carbs. Carbs were: salad spaghetti squash, pesto, peanut butter (1.5 TB) YES to vegetables!
    📌3/11 - 170.8
    3/12 - 170.4 - Day 1 Day 3 of my experiment in the books. Successful so far.
    3/13 - 171.8 - Retaining some fluid
    again from drinking electrolytes just before bed.
    3/14 - 171.2
    3/15 - 172.2 - A little fluid retention..... from exercise, not carbs! Knee is behaving, so back to strengthing quads and hams. Taking it low and slow, but consistently. I'm dealing with old shoulder injuries too, so must not be impatient with myself trying to do sets, reps and long workouts like I used to do.
    3/16 - 173 - Normal fluctuation.
    3/17 - 171.2
    📌3/18 171
    3/19 - 171.2
    3/20 - 172.2
    3/21 - 170.6
    3/22 - 172.8 - Fluid as usual. I can feel it as tiredness in my upper body.
    3/23 - 172.2 - (174.8 - entered on the wrong day)
    3/24 - 174.8 -Ate crackers😐
    📌 3/25 - 173.8
    3/26 - 173.8
    3/27 - 176 ⬅abs workout ☺
    3/28 - 175.2

3/29 - 174.6 - abdominal swelling is decreasing😀 and fluid steadily shedding just in time for another abs workout over the weekend😅

3/30
    3/31

• MArkFIA
    MArkFIA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MArkFIA wrote: »
    MArkFIA wrote: »
    102kg (225lbs) -> 100kg (220lbs)

3/3/2019 : 101,8kg
    7/3/2019: 100,3kg
    14/3/2019: 99,8kg

18/3/2019: 99,3kg
    25/3/2019: 99,9kg

(Started training and increased my calories, I think it’s muscle growth)

30/3/2019: 98,9kg

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    March goal 169.3 - 5 pound loss, and hopefully into a new decade finally.

February loss was 1.9 pounds
    February 28 - 174.8 - burned off mega calories yesterday too, but still up in weight this morning. Low on sleep.

March 01 - 174.3 - Friday. I hope for March to be better than February.
    March 02 - 173.7 - Unbelievable, I was so disappointed with February, being so diligent about burning lots of calories, eating carefully, and barely losing weight - that last night I had (in defiance) a giant steak, corn, sour cream, potatoes etc., way over my calorie allotment. I truly expected to see a gain this morning.
    March 03 - 174.3 - So the steak dinner from Friday shows up?
    March 04 - 173.9 - skating yesterday
    March 05 - 174.9 Tuesday - no reason to be up other than short on sleep. Skating today, so hope to see a drop tomorrow morning.
    March 06 - 173.6 - Wednesday - yay for skating, I am skating again today too.
    March 07 - 173.3 - again, yay for skating. I am working out of town today, and taking my skates with me because there is an arena there. There is only a few weeks left of the skating season : - (
    March 08 - 171.4 - I have learned now not to get too excited about this, I had a big dinner yesterday so I expect it to catch up with me. Slow metabolism once we get older. I did burn off a lot of calories yesterday skating and other stuff though. Lowest weight I have been so far, but then I had one low day in February which didn't last too.
    March 09 - 172.7 - I skated 3 times at 3 different places yesterday (1,095 calories burned), but I did expect to see a gain because I had a good dinner on Thursday that hadn't yet showed up. Running monthly total: loss 1.4 lb
    March 10 - 174.7 - argh! At least there is skating today. I get it if I don't burn 1,000+ calories that I might not lose anything, but I at least don't expect to gain when I only burn off 300-400. Cruel. Throughout all of this I always have calories to spare. Hoping for a better number tomorrow. I so badly want to get into the 60s.
    March 11 - 172.3 - I'll take it. Big skating calorie burn yesterday.
    March 12 - 173.9 Tuesday - I stick to 1200-1300 calories, aerobics, but if I don't get in at least an hour of skating I am up on the scale. Skating during my work break today. It is really hard to lose weight otherwise for me.
    March 13 - 172.5 - I actually matched my calories in with my calories out yesterday! It is starting to look like my way forward will be to burn 3,500-7,000 calories per week to lose 1 pound per week. That is pretty time consuming, but it seems like it is the only way that I can lose anything. Skating today ; - )
    March 14 - 172.3 - Would be nice to see a woosh soon, I was able to get in 140 minutes of skating yesterday, mega calorie burn, 1,420. I had 1,100 calories left to eat if I wanted to the last 2 days, but I didn't. No skating anywhere today, but the arenas will be open 5 days a week during March break. I am really determined to bust some fat.
    March 15 - 173.1 - After a typical 1200 calories, 30 minutes of aerobics. Losing weight will take more than that for me. There is skating today.
    March 16 - 171.6 - In comparison with March 08, I was expecting a drop, I burned off so many calories this week with extra skating. 4,163, which is more than a pound on its own. There will be skating during March break, so I hope to at least burn 2 pounds during those 2 weeks. I don't know what I will do after that because it seems that I don't lose weight otherwise. There is nothing else really that I like to do that burns so many calories. I do love dance aerobics, but seldom do a whole hour of it. Anyway, pretty pleased with my weight this morning : - )
    March 17 - 171.9 - Sunday. I am having a dinner party for my friend's birthday tonight. Eating like a normal person never really works out for me, 2 weeks to take off the weight of one dinner. I am not too worried though, skating moves to 5 days a week starting tomorrow : - )
    March 18 - 172.0 Monday I am going to stop weighing on Tuesday mornings, I get up at 4am on Tuesdays, and I think that it is too early to be weighing. As I look back through my highest weight days, they are Tuesdays and perhaps not really accurate. Lol, also my good dinner from yesterday might show up tomorrow. (loss 2.3 as of today)
    March 20 - 173.0 Wednesday. I really really expected to weigh less today. There is more skating than usual over the next 2 weeks for March break, so I am very hopeful. Dinner out tomorrow (pizza and drinks), so that always takes almost a week to compensate for, but we have to live right?
    March 21 - 172.0 - One more pound and I will have lost 20 since October. 3 more to get out of this decade finally. 10 days left of the month.
    March 22 - 171.5 - Not getting too excited, my dinner and drinks out will show up over the next couple of days, slow metabolism. I have been in a calorie deficit for many months.
    March 23 - 172.3 - Thursday dinner showed up as expected. So funny the way that it happens. Yet another 1,000 calorie deficit yesterday (lots of skating) so I expect a whoosh soon. I will have to go back and look through the month and add it all up. Roughly I should have lost at least 10 pounds this month by the numbers. Resigning myself a bit to the post-menopausal metabolism.
    March 24 - 173.2 - Dang.
    March 25 - 173.1 - 5 days of skating starts today, it seems to be the only thing that works for me, so I am happy to have this last opportunity until fall when it goes back to 3 times per week.
    March 27 - 172.5 Wednesday. I actually did weigh yesterday just out of my morning habit, but Tuesdays are my 4am and it was a high number. Still keeping my input calories in check and burning lots off.
    March 28 - 170.9 - Yay Yahoo - my hard work might be finally showing up? That is motivating.
    March 29 - 170.6 - Last day of skating in my town today : - ( There will be a few more opportunities in another town, but not daily like this March break has been. Stress relieving, endorphin boosting, fat busting, banishes water weight and bloat. I know that it is supposed to be 25% exercise and 75% food, but I truly don't think that it works that way for me. Hey, if I could lose 25% of my body weight that would be great! We are all learning what it takes for each of us. 3 more days of this month, better for me than February was, but I upped my activity by double. 3.9 pounds lost as of today
    March 30 - 171.7 - ?? I really think that it is just a blip. Hopefully the final weigh-in for the month is more favourable.

Running monthly total: loss 2.8 lbs
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    lalabank wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy
    I started at 242lbs (5’4”) in May of 2017, I lost the first 30lbs by just making better choices and walking everyday. In about October of 2017 i stopped actively losing and maintained around 213lbs until August 2018.
    That’s when I joined MFP and started Keto. This stage of the journey is completely different. I’m much more focused on my process. I started going to the gym for the first time in my life in October. I literally had to learn how to jump, 242lb women don’t jump.
    Since August I’m down 45lbs and I credit my monthly 5lb goals keeping me focused.

On another note I was talking to a friend who is working with her Dr to lose about 40lbs. She’s in her late 50’s and she was sharing how her Dr has told her to only expect 1-3lbs per month. With the prospect of it taking years to reach her goal, she’s having a hard time staying focused.
    Especially after that conversation I want to applaud you and all of our post menopause ladies for working so gosh darn hard and sticking with it.
    It also really turned on my lightbulb on how important it is for me to get this done while I’m in my early 40’s.

Wow!! Yes, for sure I don't want it to take 20 months to lose 20 pounds when I can easily put on 7 pounds in a weekend if I eat and behave like my skinny friends. I am not going to throw in the towel just yet, but it sure is frustrating!
    Yes girl, get er done : - ) Thank you for this post!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    Is there an April thread?
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,859 Member
    Options
    Is there an April thread?

@dawnbgethealthy I haven't found one yet. I've tried typing in Lose 5lbs + in April 2019 . I've also tried searching under Samantha's name SamanthaLouiseMence . Nothing yet. Perhaps by tomorrow.

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Options
    •Lose 5 lbs in March 2019•

February 2019 - Gain/Loss
    of 4.2 lbs. 28 day average was 175.3

Original starting wgt: 253
    March starting weight: 175.2
    March goal: 170
    ❄Updating every day through March until completely back on track.

•Monday Updates•📌

March 1 - 175.2 - Feeling 90% better today.
    3/2 - 177 - smh😕
    3/3 - 175
    📌3/4 - 177
    3/5 - 174.4
    3/6 - 173
    3/7 - 173.8
    3/8 - 172.6
    3/9 - 172.2
    3/10 - 174.2 - An early weigh in as far as my fasting schedule. I'm experimenting going back to 12/12 for a week or two for a little break. Expected from increased carbs, but, seems that I haven't learned my lesson about drinking salty water late in the evening.😦 It's okay. 19g carbs, 14g net carbs. Carbs were: salad spaghetti squash, pesto, peanut butter (1.5 TB) YES to vegetables!
    📌3/11 - 170.8
    3/12 - 170.4 - Day 1 Day 3 of my experiment in the books. Successful so far.
    3/13 - 171.8 - Retaining some fluid
    again from drinking electrolytes just before bed.
    3/14 - 171.2
    3/15 - 172.2 - A little fluid retention..... from exercise, not carbs! Knee is behaving, so back to strengthing quads and hams. Taking it low and slow, but consistently. I'm dealing with old shoulder injuries too, so must not be impatient with myself trying to do sets, reps and long workouts like I used to do.
    3/16 - 173 - Normal fluctuation.
    3/17 - 171.2
    📌3/18 171
    3/19 - 171.2
    3/20 - 172.2
    3/21 - 170.6
    3/22 - 172.8 - Fluid as usual. I can feel it as tiredness in my upper body.
    3/23 - 172.2 - (174.8 - entered on the wrong day)
    3/24 - 174.8 -Ate crackers😐
    📌 3/25 - 173.8
    3/26 - 173.8
    3/27 - 176 ⬅abs workout ☺
    3/28 - 175.2

3/29 - 174.6 - abdominal swelling is decreasing😀 and fluid steadily shedding just in time for another abs workout over the weekend😅

3/30 - 175.8 - It's going to be a lot of back and forth with my weight until my body adjusts to my exercise. All muscles are firing! Feels good to get back to it on a consistent basis, been a long time.

3/31

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Options
    @dawnbethealthy, Actually there were two days during March that I hit 170 point something. Intermittent fasting and keto is still working for me. When I was 253, I wasn't doing either of those protocols. I had lost 30 lbs previously by just eating more food. I gain when I don't eat enough. I am 40lbs away from my low goal weight, 20 lbs from the high end of range,150-155. My BMI is about 27, normal for me is about 24. I did no consistent exercise for an entire year due to injuries and I lost some muscle, but I wanted to lose as much fat as I could before I began to strength train again. After my fat fast, I reset my calorie level to 1400. That is only 70 more calories than what it had been for months. The difference is the maintenance level calories. I know that some days I will be hungrier because of the exercise. I expect my weight to fluctuate until my body gets used to all the increased physical activity. It will calm down after a few more weeks.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Way to go @lalabank you have lost like 80 pounds and now have a new fit goal. What was your start date of the 80?
    @mtaratoot so great that you are at your goal weight!! Sure, keep popping your head in here to hang with us. Give us some tips on how you accomplished your wonderful results.
    @ebonyroche Wow, great work!
    @tiabirdie56 I see that you had a 170.6 day this month. Crap this is soooo hard! What worked for you at 250 isn't working anymore. What is your ultimate goal weight? Maybe you are getting close to it so that it is harder now?

So wish that my "like" and "woo" buttons were working. I read every post each day. So very happy to have this forum.

Hey thanks!

I guess I'll stick around even though I don't want to lose another five pounds or even really three. If anything, I want to increase my lean mass and still work on oxidizing some of my stored lipids.

I don't really have any tips on getting to my goal. I just did the same thing that works for anyone -- I maintained a calorie deficit. I had some hiccups along the way for sure; we all do. When that happened, I kept on going. Perseverance! The hardest time was losing the last five pounds. I had a lot of practice. I kept gaining and losing the same five pounds for quite a while. I was effectively maintaining at a level above my goal. I almost changed my goal. Then something happened. I don't even know what. Whatever it was -- I got to my goal and then had a scare because I kept losing, and I didn't want to lose too much. I never would have dreamed I would have that thought cross my mind.

I guess one tip might be to look at the journey as a three-legged stool. The calorie deficit is what will cause a decrease in mass. Good nutrition will feed the body and mind and keep them healthy. Exercise adds fitness -- both aerobic fitness and strength. That strength part also helps keep bones strong for that day when we might consider ourselves older :)

My real tips would be mental. I am sure I've written this a number of times. One is not to get too upset when the scale tells you some news you don't want to hear. I didn't always practice this, but I tried. Several things affect our mass on a daily scale, and over time these things even out. I weigh every day I'm home or otherwise have access to a good scale in the morning. I notice the number, and I track it in a spreadsheet. My spreadsheet calcutes an average mass from the past ten days. THAT is the number I care about, and I run a graph of it. I also use some online tools I've mentioned here before. If you don't want to search, here's one I saved so I can answer questions about my graphs when people are curious (I updated it since it was posted, so it's not exactly what I wrote back then).

---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> ---> --->

Hey @mtaratoot just wondering what app you use for your weight tracking, that looks so handy! :smiley:

I actually use a few of them. Geeky, right? That particular graph was from a website called trendweight. But it has a catch. You can't actually enter your data there. You have to get a fitbit brand scale. But there's a work-around. You can enter your weight on another site (click on help to find more information; I don't want to link here as it may or may not be a violation of terms). A bonus; that site ALSO shows a trend graph. Groovy, right? On the trendweight graph, you have options to view 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or all of the data. You can also use an "explore" feature to view any time series you want. You also get data like how much you're losing or gaining per week and how many extra calories you are using or accumulating. It's good data. And the graphs are snazzy. On the graphs up to three months, the site also projects your future weight, and there's a small band of a goal range of about five pounds.

I also use another site called weightgrapher. You enter data directly on this site. It shows a similar chart, but is a little different. A feature of this one is that it also has the option of putting another line on the graph that was your weight one month ago (28 days). The idea for that is to help normalize for the monthly weight fluctuations many women observe.

But it's even worse than that. I also keep a few spreadsheets. I have various graphs on my main spreadsheet. My scale used to give me body composition data. That feature doesn't work most of the time anymore, but I still press the button. Sometimes it works. I need to get a new scale. I track my mass, my % body fat, a calculation of pounds of fat from mass and body fat %, and BMI. I also have a column to calculate a simple ten-day moving average. This also lets me easily calculate my average weight for each week, month, and year. I display the data and a ten-day moving average, so it gives similar information to the websites. I have three pages of graps in that spreadsheet. One is all the data, one goes back to January 2017, and one that's just last year.

The last one is pretty cool. I'm participating in a group here on MFP called Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off! 2019. It's a very supportive place. Consider joining! The only rule is you gotta post your weight once a week on a Google sheet. There's a bunch of other sheets for friendly challenges. Anyway, one of the folks that runs the group built one of the sheets called "True Weight" based on The Hacker's Diet. It's a little more than a simple moving average. The idea is that your weight today is more important in the trend than your weight ten days ago. Your weight three to five days ago is kind of in between in importance. Anyway, there's a place you enter your weight DAILY, and it uses a geometric mean calculation to give "true weight." I downloaded the Google sheet page into Excel and also track it on my own (not cluttered by other users' data). I added a graph of my daily scale weight and the calculated "True Weight." I have to update the data range any time I want to view the graph, but that's not a really big deal. It's very telling! Here's a graph from January 2018 to present. As you can see, I was losing, then bounced back up several times before getting to that goal. I've been pretty good at keeping it there, but it's just been a month or so.

z25mw755pexg.png

Another graph with a the geometric mean moving average for 2019. Note my scale hit my ultimate goal weight, it bounced back up, and it's still giving me a good story.

dd4gyr2e53ci.png

Finally just this month because it's a good solid flat average even with that spike of seven pounds in three or four days...

7yedzojh5ci5.png

Good luck whatever you choose. I think it's kind of neat, but hey -- I'm a recovering scientist, so I kind of like data.

The other tip is also mental, and it kind of touches the same issue. Everyone goes off the rails from time to time. Everyone has a fit of backsliding. Everyone sees fluctuations that go on for more than just a few days. Everyone succumbs to emotional eating from time to time. My tip is: That's ok! Remember, this is a journey. Just like any other journey, sometimes along the way you see a side trail that you might like to go check out. That's fine! Do it! Enjoy it! But when you're done with your side hike, get back in the flow and continue in the direction you were heading. There are consequences: You won't get to your "destination" as quickly, but you WILL get there. And you may be happier because of the side trip. And then you get to realize when you get to your destination, it's really just the start of another journey. That's the maintenance part. It's not going to be cake. It's more a walk in the park, but it's a BIG park, and there's lots of side attractions. And when you struggle maintaining, THAT is ok, too. Just notice it, and own it. That takes away some if its power. Then get back at it, go find your destination again, and BAM! You're back on the road.

Very helpful
    Post, @mtaratoot !
    Thank you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 228.3
    March starting weight - 154.2
    March goal - 152.2 or lower
    Ultimate goal - 147?

1st - 154.2
    5th - 152.2
    6th 154.2
    7th - 154.4 Figured since Jan 1, 2019, I’ve lost 0.1 lb. So, I guess this is maintenance. I will think about whether I am truly committed to getting lower. By all measures, I m healthy. I’m thinking losing a few vanity pounds may not be enough motivation for me. Still thinking.

✅8th - 153.4 I am recommitted & ate with a very good deficit today...tons of hard hill walking & another flat walk with a friend!

I do want to be below 153.

11th - 154.4
    13th- 155
    14th - 153.8
    ✅15th- 153.6 a Great Day yesterday - for my head back in the game after weeks of trying. Key was comparing what I ate on avg in Feb/March with what I was eating in 2018. A wake up call!

Reminded myself that food is FUEL!

18th- 155.6
    ✅19th - 155 Ate healthily with 300 cal deficit, v high fiber, v low sodium
    ✅20th - 153.8 2nd day. Woke up & wasnt hungry. Cravings gone. Crazy after fighting them for weeks. In one day. It’s not sugar, apparently, its high salt & lower fiber. Crazy. Glad I figured that out. Incidentally, reducing salt & increasing fiber made me disinterested in sugar, too. Crazy. Calories are lowest they’ve been in awhile.

✅21st - 154.6 Another very successful day! 3rd in a row after about 30 days of struggle. Salt✅ Fiber✅ Sugar ✅
    Delighted AND relieved.

22nd- 153.6 onto 4th day :) Jogged a little 😳 Ate a large Mexican dinner
    23 157 traveling, not good (Shocked me into Action)
    ————START of My 33 Day Plan——-
    24 155.2 salt ✅ fiber ✅ sugar✅
    25 154.8 salt (slightly over) fiber ✅ sugar✅
    26 153.6 salt ✅ fiber ✅ sugar✅
    27 153.4 salt ✅ fiber ✅ sugar✅

28 152.6 The last time I weighed this was March 4-5 152.6 & 152.2! Finally seeing green on Happy Scale: 1st time since Mid-Feb. salt ✅ fiber ✅ sugar✅

29 152.8 salt - no, fiber - yes, sugar no
    30 155 Ate perfectly salt ✅ fiber ✅ sugar✅

31st
    Total loss for March so far: - 0.8lbs
    Pounds to my previous lowest wt: 4.4
    Pounds to my GW: 5

April 1

April 26
    ——-END———
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited March 2019
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    March goal 169.3 - 5 pound loss, and hopefully into a new decade finally.

February loss was 1.9 pounds
    February 28 - 174.8 - burned off mega calories yesterday too, but still up in weight this morning. Low on sleep.

March 01 - 174.3 - Friday. I hope for March to be better than February.
    March 02 - 173.7 - Unbelievable, I was so disappointed with February, being so diligent about burning lots of calories, eating carefully, and barely losing weight - that last night I had (in defiance) a giant steak, corn, sour cream, potatoes etc., way over my calorie allotment. I truly expected to see a gain this morning.
    March 03 - 174.3 - So the steak dinner from Friday shows up?
    March 04 - 173.9 - skating yesterday
    March 05 - 174.9 Tuesday - no reason to be up other than short on sleep. Skating today, so hope to see a drop tomorrow morning.
    March 06 - 173.6 - Wednesday - yay for skating, I am skating again today too.
    March 07 - 173.3 - again, yay for skating. I am working out of town today, and taking my skates with me because there is an arena there. There is only a few weeks left of the skating season : - (
    March 08 - 171.4 - I have learned now not to get too excited about this, I had a big dinner yesterday so I expect it to catch up with me. Slow metabolism once we get older. I did burn off a lot of calories yesterday skating and other stuff though. Lowest weight I have been so far, but then I had one low day in February which didn't last too.
    March 09 - 172.7 - I skated 3 times at 3 different places yesterday (1,095 calories burned), but I did expect to see a gain because I had a good dinner on Thursday that hadn't yet showed up. Running monthly total: loss 1.4 lb
    March 10 - 174.7 - argh! At least there is skating today. I get it if I don't burn 1,000+ calories that I might not lose anything, but I at least don't expect to gain when I only burn off 300-400. Cruel. Throughout all of this I always have calories to spare. Hoping for a better number tomorrow. I so badly want to get into the 60s.
    March 11 - 172.3 - I'll take it. Big skating calorie burn yesterday.
    March 12 - 173.9 Tuesday - I stick to 1200-1300 calories, aerobics, but if I don't get in at least an hour of skating I am up on the scale. Skating during my work break today. It is really hard to lose weight otherwise for me.
    March 13 - 172.5 - I actually matched my calories in with my calories out yesterday! It is starting to look like my way forward will be to burn 3,500-7,000 calories per week to lose 1 pound per week. That is pretty time consuming, but it seems like it is the only way that I can lose anything. Skating today ; - )
    March 14 - 172.3 - Would be nice to see a woosh soon, I was able to get in 140 minutes of skating yesterday, mega calorie burn, 1,420. I had 1,100 calories left to eat if I wanted to the last 2 days, but I didn't. No skating anywhere today, but the arenas will be open 5 days a week during March break. I am really determined to bust some fat.
    March 15 - 173.1 - After a typical 1200 calories, 30 minutes of aerobics. Losing weight will take more than that for me. There is skating today.
    March 16 - 171.6 - In comparison with March 08, I was expecting a drop, I burned off so many calories this week with extra skating. 4,163, which is more than a pound on its own. There will be skating during March break, so I hope to at least burn 2 pounds during those 2 weeks. I don't know what I will do after that because it seems that I don't lose weight otherwise. There is nothing else really that I like to do that burns so many calories. I do love dance aerobics, but seldom do a whole hour of it. Anyway, pretty pleased with my weight this morning : - )
    March 17 - 171.9 - Sunday. I am having a dinner party for my friend's birthday tonight. Eating like a normal person never really works out for me, 2 weeks to take off the weight of one dinner. I am not too worried though, skating moves to 5 days a week starting tomorrow : - )
    March 18 - 172.0 Monday I am going to stop weighing on Tuesday mornings, I get up at 4am on Tuesdays, and I think that it is too early to be weighing. As I look back through my highest weight days, they are Tuesdays and perhaps not really accurate. Lol, also my good dinner from yesterday might show up tomorrow. (loss 2.3 as of today)
    March 20 - 173.0 Wednesday. I really really expected to weigh less today. There is more skating than usual over the next 2 weeks for March break, so I am very hopeful. Dinner out tomorrow (pizza and drinks), so that always takes almost a week to compensate for, but we have to live right?
    March 21 - 172.0 - One more pound and I will have lost 20 since October. 3 more to get out of this decade finally. 10 days left of the month.
    March 22 - 171.5 - Not getting too excited, my dinner and drinks out will show up over the next couple of days, slow metabolism. I have been in a calorie deficit for many months.
    March 23 - 172.3 - Thursday dinner showed up as expected. So funny the way that it happens. Yet another 1,000 calorie deficit yesterday (lots of skating) so I expect a whoosh soon. I will have to go back and look through the month and add it all up. Roughly I should have lost at least 10 pounds this month by the numbers. Resigning myself a bit to the post-menopausal metabolism.
    March 24 - 173.2 - Dang.
    March 25 - 173.1 - 5 days of skating starts today, it seems to be the only thing that works for me, so I am happy to have this last opportunity until fall when it goes back to 3 times per week.
    March 27 - 172.5 Wednesday. I actually did weigh yesterday just out of my morning habit, but Tuesdays are my 4am and it was a high number. Still keeping my input calories in check and burning lots off.
    March 28 - 170.9 - Yay Yahoo - my hard work might be finally showing up? That is motivating.
    March 29 - 170.6 - Last day of skating in my town today : - ( There will be a few more opportunities in another town, but not daily like this March break has been. Stress relieving, endorphin boosting, fat busting, banishes water weight and bloat. I know that it is supposed to be 25% exercise and 75% food, but I truly don't think that it works that way for me. Hey, if I could lose 25% of my body weight that would be great! We are all learning what it takes for each of us. 3 more days of this month, better for me than February was, but I upped my activity by double. 3.9 pounds lost as of today
    March 30 - 171.7 - ?? I really think that it is just a blip. Hopefully the final weigh-in for the month is more favourable.
    March 31 - 172.8 - Lol, I give up. well, not really, not gong to give up. This is me with a deficit of 18,713 calories for the month not including what today will bring. Should be a loss of 5.346 pounds. I may try a cleanse or something in April to get a weight loss boost/kickstart.

March total: loss 1.7 lbs