March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:

Spring is coming- looking forward to walking outside 🌸🌷🥀☘
  • smootymfp
    smootymfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Definitely want to join you. I have been trying to up my game. Started off at 7000 steps which has been a challenge cause I sit all day at work but time to get moving. So my goal will be 8000 steps pushing towards the 10000

Thanks for the challenge
    Mari-Angela
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    Hey @mtaratoot just wondering what app you use for your weight tracking, that looks so handy! :smiley:

I actually use a few of them. Geeky, right? That particular graph was from a website called trendweight. But it has a catch. You can't actually enter your data there. You have to get a fitbit brand scale. But there's a work-around. You can enter your weight on another site (click on help to find more information; I don't want to link here as it may or may not be a violation of terms). A bonus; that site ALSO shows a trend graph. Groovy, right? On thetrendweight graph, you have options to view 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or all of the data. You can also use an "explore" feature to view any time series you want. You also get data like how much you're losing or gaining per week and how many extra calories you are using or accumulating. It's good data. And the graphs are snazzy. On the graphs up to three months, the site also projects your future weight, and there's a small band of a goal range of about five pounds.

I also use another site called weightgrapher. You enter data directly on this site. It shows a similar chart, but is a little different. A feature of this one is that it also has the option of putting another line on the graph that was your weight one month ago (28 days). The idea for that is to help normalize for the monthly weight fluctuations many women observe.

But it's even worse than that. I also keep a few spreadsheets. I have various graphs on my main spreadsheet. My scale used to give me body composition data. That feature doesn't work most of the time anymore, but I still press the button. Sometimes it works. I need to get a new scale. I track my mass, my % body fat, a calculation of pounds of fat from mass and body fat %, and BMI. I also have a column to calculate a simple ten-day moving average. This also lets me easily calculate my average weight for each week, month, and year. I display the data and a ten-day moving average, so it gives similar information to the websites. I have three pages of graps in that spreadsheet. One is all the data, one goes back to January 2017, and one that's just last year.

The last one is pretty cool. I'm participating in a group here on MFP called Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off! 2019. It's a very supportive place. Consider joining! The only rule is you gotta post your weight once a week on a Google sheet. There's a bunch of other sheets for friendly challenges. Anyway, one of the folks that runs the group built one of the sheets called "True Weight" based on The Hacker's Diet. It's a little more than a simple moving average. The idea is that your weight today is more important in the trend than your weight ten days ago. Your weight three to five days ago is kind of in between in importance. Anyway, there's a place you enter your weight DAILY, and it uses a geometric mean calculation to give "true weight." I downloaded the Google sheet page into Excel and also track it on my own (not cluttered by other users' data). I added a graph of my daily scale weight and the calculated "True Weight." I have to update the data range any time I want to view the graph, but that's not a really big deal. It's very telling! Here's my graph from this year. Note my scale hit my ultimate goal weight the other day, and while it's bounced back up, it's still giving me a good story.

umoikwt6hio5.png

Good luck whatever you choose. I think it's kind of neat, but hey -- I'm a recovering scientist, so I kind of like data.
  • puddlesbaby10
    puddlesbaby10 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm just getting back into this and I've been searching for an accountability system.
    Let's shumash it!! B)

Original starting weight: 304.8 lbs
    March goal: 299.08 lbs
    Ultimate goal: 145 lbs -- 245 lbs in 2019 (60 lbs)

1st - 304.8
    8th - 304.8
    Update for 3/8: Started PiYo on 3/6, but didn't do so well on walking. Did not expect for a change. Next week!!
    15th -
    22nd -
    29th -
    Total loss for March -

Fitness Goals - Start Piyo 3x a week at least and walk 30 mins every day.
    Challenges - Snacking and being sedentary.
    Successes: So far I've met my walking. Starting Piyo on 3/6.
    25017404.png

• jacquie2706
    jacquie2706 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting the challenge. I just came across this page.
    March 8-2019 (207.8)
    Goal weight 150 lbs
    The goal for March 203 lb
    Will weigh in weekly.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 195.2 lbs (12/21/2018)
    March starting weight - 181.4 lbs
    March goal - 176.0 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 150.0 lbs

4th - 181.2
    11th -179.2 Haven't been in the 170s since 2016 so very excited!!
    18th -
    25th -
    29th -
    Total loss for March - 2.2 lbs

That's great news! From my math, it also marks the halfway point on your current journey. Mazel tov! The last leg of the journey may be more difficult. Just be aware; you can still do it for sure.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    I will continue to weigh daily throughout March. It usually keeps me accountable from having that second helping, knowing that I will be weighing in the morning. I also like to look for trends, so daily weighing.
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    March goal 169.3 - 5 pound loss, and hopefully into a new decade finally.

February loss was 1.9 pounds
    February 28 - 174.8 - burned off mega calories yesterday too, but still up in weight this morning. Low on sleep.

March 01 - 174.3 - I hope for March to be better than February.
    March 02 - 173.7 - Unbelievable, I was so disappointed with February, being so diligent about burning lots of calories, eating carefully, and barely losing weight - that last night I had (in defiance) a giant steak, corn, sour cream, potatoes etc., way over my calorie allotment. I truly expected to see a gain this morning.
    March 03 - 174.3 - So the steak dinner from Friday shows up?
    March 04 - 173.9 - skating yesterday
    March 05 - 174.9 - no reason to be up other than short on sleep. Skating today, so hope to see a drop tomorrow morning.
    March 06 - 173.6 - yay for skating, I am skating again today too.
    March 07 - 173.3 - again, yay for skating. I am working out of town today, and taking my skates with me because there is an arena there. There is only a few weeks left of the skating season : - (
    March 08 - 171.4 - I have learned now not to get too excited about this, I had a big dinner yesterday so I expect it to catch up with me. Slow metabolism once we get older. I did burn off a lot of calories yesterday skating and other stuff though. Lowest weight I have been so far, but then I had one low day in February which didn't last too.
    March 09 - 172.7 - I skated 3 times at 3 different places yesterday (1,095 calories burned), but I did expect to see a gain because I had a good dinner on Thursday that hadn't yet showed up. Running monthly total: loss 1.4 lb
    March 10 - 174.7 - argh! At least there is skating today. I get it if I don't burn 1,000+ calories that I might not lose anything, but I at least don't expect to gain when I only burn off 300-400. Cruel. Throughout all of this I always have calories to spare. Hoping for a better number tomorrow. I so badly want to get into the 60s.
    March 10 - 172.3 - I'll take it. Big skating calorie burn yesterday.

Running monthly total: loss 2 lbs
  • 171lake
    171lake Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight - 172.6 lbs
    March starting weight - 156 lbs
    March goal - 152.0 lbs
    Ultimate goal - 120 lbs

03/01 - 156
    03/04 - 155.5
    03/11 - 155
    03/18 -
    03/25 -
    03/31 -

March Loss- 1 lb

I have to work on eating well over the weekend. My salt intake is much higher than during the week.