Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I never knew before I started that ________________.

Have some fun with me. In terms of your weight loss lifestyle, what is something you have discovered that surprised you. Finish this sentence:

I never knew before I started that ______________________.

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    I never knew before I started that I love vegetables. I truly appreciate them for taste and function.
  • Monkeyfreck
    Monkeyfreck Posts: 65 Member
    I would be so so so so so hungry 😋
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I never knew before I started that the runger is real!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    ... that the foods I eat so thoroughly control my health and hunger (or lack of it).
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I never knew before I started that I would become the kind of person that diets. Now it's not something I do, it's the kind of the person I am. I've never been a dieter before and I scoffed at the idea.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I gave up eating meat for ethical reasons but never guessed doing so would have so many health benefits.

I have always been taught that protein is the most filling type of food but for me it is carbs.
  • Mona898989
    Mona898989 Posts: 18 Member
    Hard work really pays off
  • meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    I never knew how long it would take to lose weight.
    I never knew how much my emotions control my eating patterns.
    I never knew how much I would look forward to working out.
  • sharon8271
    sharon8271 Posts: 140 Member
    I never knew before I started how much more energetic I would become.
    I never knew how much I would crave fruits and vegetables.
    I never knew how much I would surpass the goals I set up for myself.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I would try -and like- snacks besides chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. Right now I’m eating airpopped popcorn with butter and truffle salt. No chocolate in this snack, lol. Btw this one is def a do over. Yum!!!!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I never knew before I started that I would be able to take 15 pounds off and keep it off simply by cutting my portions of rice and pasta to a half cup. Now if only I could lose the next 20 pounds with that ease!
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    I never knew before I started that I would like meal prepping.