I just dont know I am so confused

Options
So I took pics in dec and pics now and I see no diffrence and I did a side by side and I am 29 lbs down but there is a big diffrence in my face and neck, i am feeling so discouraged! Is there anyone else having this same problem?

Replies

• mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You did not lose 29 pounds in your neck and face, you lost a little from every part of your body. Be proud of the 29 pounds that you have lost, don't be discouraged, you are doing a fantastic job!
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks didnt think about it that way, I wont give up I will fight harder!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    If youve lost 29lbs then what youre doing is working!
    You dont need to fight harder just keep doing what youre doing and be patient!

The results you want WILL come!
    Well done!
  • porkchopsandapple
    porkchopsandapple Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try taking your measurements with a tape measure. Do your thighs, biceps, butt, tummy, bust, and neck. Do that every week on your weigh in day. You should see all of your measurements go down over time. I enjoy tracking these more than my actual weight because they tell me the bigger picture.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Try taking your measurements with a tape measure. Do your thighs, biceps, butt, tummy, bust, and neck. Do that every week on your weigh in day. You should see all of your measurements go down over time. I enjoy tracking these more than my actual weight because they tell me the bigger picture.

I usually take measurements once a month and measure my success with how clothes fit
  • mythingoal
    mythingoal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. Try not to focus on one or two areas of your body. If they aren’t already, your clothes will feel more comfortable soon, your skin will look better, your resting heart rate will improve, and lots of other internal or not so obvious changes will be happening. Keep at it. You are stronger than you know.
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone yall have given some great advise it has really helped, I really appreciate it!! ❤
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i would say your mind is playing games on you when you say you can't see a difference :) she is a sneaky little bugger
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Yknow, back when I first lost weight (around 50 pounds), I posted before & after face photos on an appropriate thread here on MFP, and said I didn't really see much difference. Other people assured me there was one, but I figured they were just being nice.

I ran across that pair of photos recently. Jeepers, creepers: How did my eyes not see that difference!

On top of what others have said about losing weight in different places at different stages of loss, it can take a while for our perception to be less clouded by our mental picture of ourselves, in my experience.

You're doing great. Eventually, you will be able to see your progress. Quite possibly, others will be able to see it before you can . . . especially others who don't see you every day, so the change is more dramatic to them.

This is my experience as well. It takes a long time for your own brain to catch up.
  • shetland
    shetland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am having the opposite problem where my face looks thinner and my pants feel looser since I started 5 weeks ago. I measured myself to compare and there is ZERO difference! Talk about discouraging.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    shetland wrote: »
    I am having the opposite problem where my face looks thinner and my pants feel looser since I started 5 weeks ago. I measured myself to compare and there is ZERO difference! Talk about discouraging.

Maybe you pulled the tape tighter the first time? I'd say pants are less forgiving of change, especially after a wash, so I trust the pants more, lol.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far! I suggest you post your before and current pics here to get some feedback whether others see changes. When I had lost that amount I didn't see much difference but others did, my clothes were loser, and my measurements smaller.