Any ladies or gentleman find true love and a partner after age 30?

Options
SaraJ429
SaraJ429 Posts: 50 Member
I’m about to turn 30 in a month and am single af. Last relationship ended 7 months ago.

My love life has been pretty rocky. My college love/soulmate unexpectedly passed away when I was 23 after 4 years together and I’ve never really found anyone who quite compares in terms of kindness, intelligence and overall awesomeness. A few months after he died, I fell in love again. What started out as a fairytale turned into a 5 year long roller coaster of physical and emotional abuse that finally ended in July 2017 after we moved in and got engaged. I started another relationship with a very decent man in late 2017 that ended very amicably this past fall.

I know i definitely need some single time so I am just concentrating on living my best life and having fun. I’ve started dating again and am getting discouraged that I’m 30 and haven’t yet found the right guy. I recognize I have time and don’t need a man to be happy but I would eventually like to find someone. I irrationally wonder if it’s too late. Anyone been in a similar boat? How did it work out for you?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I'm still single after my divorce. Haven't had the time or opportunity to date. I'm 38. I have 2 kids. I have no options available and may just be past my sell-by date

My ex-sister-in-law got married in Feb at the age of 35 or something. So there is still hope for you.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was in a ten year relationship from 20 -30. When that relationship ended I was pretty much dating for the first time ever and horrified at how "dating" worked these days (hook-up apps etc). I decided to just focus on exactly what you said, living my best life and having fun instead of worrying about finding a partner. During that time I really learned a ton about myself and through lot's of casual dates I learned what was most important to me in a partnership. A year ago I met an amazing man who I see myself with for the long run. Don't lose hope! Focus on yourself and your happiness and love will find you when it's time.
  • SaraJ429
    Options
    I was in a ten year relationship from 20 -30. When that relationship ended I was pretty much dating for the first time ever and horrified at how "dating" worked these days (hook-up apps etc). I decided to just focus on exactly what you said, living my best life and having fun instead of worrying about finding a partner. During that time I really learned a ton about myself and through lot's of casual dates I learned what was most important to me in a partnership. A year ago I met an amazing man who I see myself with for the long run. Don't lose hope! Focus on yourself and your happiness and love will find you when it's time.

Aw thank you! How old were you and how did you meet your partner? If you don’t mind me asking!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I'm married but always on the look-out for that someone special.

Excuse me? I thought I WAS special.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

...and I found her. A magical redhead whose talents in the pleasurable arts would rival any of Littlefinger's best but whose mind will eventually be revered above Hawking or Einstein.
  • SwannySez
    Options

How's it going so far?

Duh, look up. Freakin' aces.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I met my current boyfriend shortly after I turned 29 (it will be 2 years this month). My sister met her husband when she was 30 (5 years this September)
  • SwannySez
    Options

How's it going so far?

Duh, look up. Freakin' aces.

Dang! So what you do with your other wife?

I'm Mormon.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Salemss1 wrote: »

Aw thank you! How old were you and how did you meet your partner? If you don’t mind me asking!

I was single for 2.5 years after that long term relationship ended. I went on about 100 dates during that time and I always knew by the first or second date that the guy wasn't the right fit for me (or that I wouldn't be the right fit for him). I met my current partner when I was 32 and a half and though I was hesitant to think it I knew after our first few conversations that he would likely be in my life for a long time. Edit to add we met on a dating app (Bumble). He was the only guy that I ever messaged first on a dating app.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Been single since 25 I’m now 30... wondering the same 🥵
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    I was 35 when I met my now-husband, who was 47 at the time.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Isn't it funny how people work? Some people feels trap and wants out then some are desperately wanting in.

Be sure to get consent before you start feeling up traps, Uncle Joe.
  • SaraJ429
    Options
    I was 35 when I got married. Yes, my first. We just celebrated our 38th.caab2dp0xrug.jpg
    plboxn3gyo0q.jpg

Great looking couple! God bless!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I'd say you are more likely to find a true partner later in life rather than you 20s. Gives you time to realize who you are and what you want and need in someone. Been single for a while now and I have really met some great men...maybe the real "one" is out there
    100% agree with this. I met my now hubs when I was 29 and got married at 33. Dating in my 20s was a disaster, especially guys who were my age. My hubs is 10 years older than me and it was much better dating him than younger/immature men who still just wanna sow their wild oats with anyone they can.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

...and I found her. A magical redhead whose talents in the pleasurable arts would rival any of Littlefinger's best but whose mind will eventually be revered above Hawking or Einstein.

that’s better ❤️