“But there aren’t any calories in sour cream.”

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    One woman I know used a similar site to MFP, and had very good progress as she lost about 10% of her body weight and still had a long way to go. She stopped tracking her calories & macros and she said it was because she liked going out to dinner on Fridays with her boyfriend and she couldn't enjoy it if she was tracking the calories, and it was too hard to figure out with local restaurants. She's since regained the weight she lost. I didn't suggest just skipping the entry for that one meal (something I've started doing in maintenance myself). I guess it was not worth it to her.

However, same lady spends hundreds on MLM weight loss products, so there's that.

Funny, I got a coupon for TGI Fridays. I looked at their website, if I eat any of the meals on the coupon I would be over for the day! Eating nothing else all day!

So I checked out "Friendly's"...pretty much the same story. And Applebees, and Chilis! Of course I do eat out, but I've become proficient at dividing the meal as soon as it's served.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Allgaun wrote: »
    One woman I know used a similar site to MFP, and had very good progress as she lost about 10% of her body weight and still had a long way to go. She stopped tracking her calories & macros and she said it was because she liked going out to dinner on Fridays with her boyfriend and she couldn't enjoy it if she was tracking the calories, and it was too hard to figure out with local restaurants. She's since regained the weight she lost. I didn't suggest just skipping the entry for that one meal (something I've started doing in maintenance myself). I guess it was not worth it to her.

However, same lady spends hundreds on MLM weight loss products, so there's that.

Funny, I got a coupon for TGI Fridays. I looked at their website, if I eat any of the meals on the coupon I would be over for the day! Eating nothing else all day!

So I checked out "Friendly's"...pretty much the same story. And Applebees, and Chilis! Of course I do eat out, but I've become proficient at dividing the meal as soon as it's served.

I had a salad at Chili's that seemed reasonable on the site, but man, it did not taste low-calorie, and the default dressing was supposed to be included in the calorie count. o: I def left a little buffer just in case.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    There are very few national chains that do anything for calorie conscious folks. Even ones that do have something a little friendlier make up the calorie difference with sodium.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I like the cedar-grilled chicken with green apple pico off of Applebee's Under 600 menu.

TGIFriday's I get a flathouse steak with steamed broccoli side.

I don't eat at Chili's and we don't have Friendly's.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I like the cedar-grilled chicken with green apple pico off of Applebee's Under 600 menu.

My standard at Applebee's is grilled chicken breast with a baked potato, no butter, and broccoli. Sounds boring but is actually quite tasty. At Chili's I usually get the margarita grilled chicken, no tortilla strips.

We don't have a TGIFridays or a Few around. I can usually find something reasonable wherever we go, though. Except Five Guys or Freddy's. There I order whatever I want, and damn the calories :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

My standard at Applebee's is grilled chicken breast with a baked potato, no butter, and broccoli. Sounds boring but is actually quite tasty. At Chili's I usually get the margarita grilled chicken, no tortilla strips.

We don't have a TGIFridays or a Few around. I can usually find something reasonable wherever we go, though. Except Five Guys or Freddy's. There I order whatever I want, and damn the calories :lol:

Amen. Including a mini brownie concrete.
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My point was, you can really torpedo a weeks success by eating out. If you pre plan and get the chicken and broccoli or a salad without the cheese and heavy dressings you can eat out and stay in your daily plan. If you go for the higher calorie alternatives but take home half, split it into 2 meals, you can stay on track.

BUT...if you have a few drinks, the buffalo wings, a pasta dish, something parmesan and desert you can end up easily eating over 4,000 calories in one meal.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    sub your fries for old fashioned hush puppies Quality tasty grilled burgers

OMG. We used to take the dog and order at the walk up window and all picnic together on their patio. dog LOVED to hear the words “bye bye eat?” Every time I drive by now, I avert my eyes. Poor sad dog. I ought to spend some calories for his sake, right?

Take care of your dog!!!

<open faced burger with mustard no mayo and some puppies split with the puppy is what I might do on a tighter budget. Mind you I don't have a nice place like your place. So I am relegated to chains :( >