So confused! Help!

Options
Hi all! Newbie here! I'm so confused as to which lifestyle plan to follow. Keto has worked, but it is too restrictive for me. WW didn't work. Is there a plan that does lower carbs, but not Keto or Atkins strict? Help! Please and thank you!

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I ate low carb, under 100 gr of carbs a day and my calorie allowance and lost 30 lbs in 4 months.
  • hockey_mom08
    hockey_mom08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks!
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Any one have an answer for me. I have a soup recipe, that i need to enter but want to break it down to 5 servings? WW had this feature is there an easy way to do the same on MFP?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Any one have an answer for me. I have a soup recipe, that i need to enter but want to break it down to 5 servings? WW had this feature is there an easy way to do the same on MFP?

It might be best to start your own thread instead of detailing several others with this question, but have you tried the recipe builder or do you mean something other than that feature?
  • lynnmhatcher
    lynnmhatcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding.
    New at this, where is recipe builder?
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    One that has worked for my husband and I that my husband's dr suggested was getting the book Sonoma Diet by Connie Guttersen, it does have waves to follow and it's based on a Mediterranean diet a more low fat diet. We first read the book to understand what each vegetable and colors mean and what they do for the body before diving into the diet portion. It has really good recipes that are simple to make and we really enjoy it.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Honestly, for me.... none of them. I just enter what I eat into MFP and stick to the daily calorie allowance it gives me. The fad diets stress me out and make my head hurt. They just aren't necessary for me to lose weight. My future after weight loss lies in managing my ability to eat all the things around me within reason. So I'm going to keep them all in my diet while I try to lose weight.