Handstand Challenge

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    NSV to report...I can breath while in handstand! :smile:

That’s great!!

I had a good practice in the morning with some long holds. Tried again this afternoon and ended up with a good laugh instead.

This is what happens when you try to handstand with hair and dogs in the way. :D

https://youtu.be/QzrAM_DQOak
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    @mom23mangos
    I love it!!!
  • wanderingarcher
    Still so way beyond where I’m at @mom23mangos ! Great job!
  • mom23mangos
    @ShowingProgress - if you go to the start of this thread, @TiisTitanium add a bunch of helpful links.
  • wanderingarcher
    I’m getting a lot more practice lately. Yesterday I got ten seconds off the wall. I was so excited. Lol

I’d like to start working on frog stands and getting stronger to kick up away from the wall.
    Any tips?
  • mom23mangos
    That's GREAT @wanderingarcher! For frog stands, I place my hands on the ground, scooch up until my knees are in my armpits and then slowly bend the arms as your feet come off the ground.

As far as kicking up, it doesn't require strength, just leverage. Usually the issue is kicking TOO strong. If you look at any of my videos you'll notice I give a sort of one, two, three pump with my leg that's off the ground to generate that upward motion and power. Once it starts going up, the best advice I was given is to then concentrate on bringing your feet towards each other instead of just bringing the back leg up to meet the front.
  • wanderingarcher
    Thanks, @mom23mangos !
    I’m excited to practice!
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    I am in, I want to do this!
  • mom23mangos
    Welcome @walterm852!

My consistency has been REALLY improving. I can stick it at least 10sec almost every attempt now.
  • wanderingarcher
    edited April 2019
    That’s awesome, @mom23mangos !
    Welcome, @walterm852 !

All this daily handstanding is paying off. Practice really makes a difference.
  • mom23mangos
    My God, that picture is huge.
  • wanderingarcher
    You look great, @mom23mangos !!
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Well....dunno about you lot but I'm still practising everyday! :smile: In fact I managed my first hand stand push up today! :smiley: No pics though so you'll have to take my word for it!!! :sweat_smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Nice job. I've been practicing 3-4 times a week. No epic progress. I'm better aligned in the air than on the ground
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Well done @Tallawah_

I have been diligently practicing daily along with classes 3 times a week. I would love to say that I now the most awesome handbalancer that there ever was but that would be a lie. Progress is slow but I remain committed to my long term goal of a minute hold/press handstand and remind myself about journey before destination.
  • mom23mangos
    Oh, we definitely need video next time @Tallawah_ !!! Congrats!

I've been out of commission with broken fingers, so no practicing for me. I don't know when I'll be cleared to train handstands again yet as it's pretty finger intensive.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    That’s awesome, @mom23mangos !
    Welcome, @walterm852 !

All this daily handstanding is paying off. Practice really makes a difference.

I always tell myself it's not how hard you work but how consistently you work...
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    I’ve been absent from this thread for a while, but I so enjoyed crow at yoga today I though I need to get back to my inversions!