Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

1161718192022»

Replies

• wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Welcome to the newbies! I’ve done Keto before but my Keto flu was so much worse this time around. Magnesium, sodium, potassium and just powering through is what got me through it (and a lot of apologies to my family for dealing with my crankiness).

I’m just over 6 weeks back to Keto and down just over 9 lbs. Slow, but going in the right direction.
    xrsize4dad wrote: »
    Any suggestions for best means to monitor/check ketosis? How accurate are the strips, or best to just get the blood monitor?

Even though I hear that Keto urine strips aren’t accurate, they are what I use to check if I am in Ketosis. I’m too much of a chicken to do blood monitoring. 😬
  • xrsize4dad
    xrsize4dad Posts: 29 Member
    xrsize4dad wrote: »
    Any suggestions for best means to monitor/check ketosis? How accurate are the strips, or best to just get the blood monitor?

https://help.keto-mojo.com/article/A5ZiuZuoWr-urine-vs-blood

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Ketosis-Measuring-Ketones

Thanks Paul, great articles!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    I just finished my day one onto day two
    I'm not going at "hard-core" probably as most of you but I'm mostly focusing on watching my carb in-take.
    Keeping it as close to net 20g a day as I can. Increasing my protein and fat intake.

Only looking to lose 15-20lbs
    goal weight: 125-130lbs .... 5'6.5
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    So I start Keto today. Any pointers for the beginner?

Dr Eric Berg on YouTube is the king of keto!! Dr Ken Berry is good too. I'm a little bias and will highly recommend Dr Berg, he's the best!!
    Btw, my advice is to prep your body before keto, like start taking vitamins and electrolytes because you will drop weight very fast. I lost 10 lbs in less than a week when Istarted out. Good luck!
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    jenicapi wrote: »
    Hi all new here just started day two! I am in carb withdrawel!! Trying to drink as much water to help me! Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, I purchase zero calorie sports drinks to help if I get the Keto flu to replace lost electrolytes. Hope to be part of the LOOSING crowd soon!

Oh you will just keep doing what you're doing.
  • hippienana
    crgoakleaf wrote: »
    I need some Keto friends please 🌟

We are all here to help one another
  • hippienana
    i show i am in ketosis but no weight loss. Whats up with that.
  • Burandt80
    Burandt80 Posts: 37 Member
    I hear everyone talking about this Keto Diet plan/fad or lifestyle. What is it? And does it actually work? I’m curious because of of all the fats