NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    That is why I said to use whatever means you plan to use. Some people go by how their clothes fit. If they get snug or you find yourself buying bigger sizes you might reconsider your plan. My point is to keep an eye on things. I still don't know how I managed to keep buying bigger clothes without stopping to think I was doing something wrong. Don't be me... please.

If I buy larger clothes then I am working to try to accept that and see where my natural body is :)

If it leads you to being overweight, then what it means is that you're ingesting more calories than your body needs. Nothing to do with your 'natural' body. We're actually (unfortunately) extremely well disposed to gain weight easily, because we evolved in times that fluctuated between food plenty, and food shortage. Our bodies had to take advantage of the times of plenty to balance out the times of shortage, or we'd be extinct.

Is your goal weight loss, OP? The statement above suggests not, in which case I'm somewhat perplexed as to what your goal is? If it's just to eat wholesome foods and let what happens happen, I'm not sure why you need a website for that. Maybe a HAES (healthy at every size) community?

Hello and my goal is to grow into my natural size and accept myself :) I found this forum by googling "health forum" . I want to grow into the body I was designed to have and not worry about calories or my size

Unless you were grown in a lab, there is no body you were "designed to have." There is only the body that reflects the choices you make regarding nourishment and exercise.

Like others who have commented, I have found that my hunger cues don't always match my activity levels. Left to my own devices, I would eat a lot and move a lot. I love being active. On weekends and days off I am on the go, moving constantly. I have no problem staying within my calories because I burn a ton and my hunger cues line up with that. During the week, I am stuck at a desk, at a conference table, in my car. Even with deliberate movement, there is no way I can burn what I do on a weekend. Guess what? My body still wants all those calories. If I went off my "natural hunger cues," I would gain weight. A lot. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't know if my body has a natural state of equilibrium, but since one side of the equation (output) is artificially restricted, I have to do the same for the other side (input) to maintain balance. Does that makes sense? I haven't had my coffee...

Some people are designed to be more heavy than others and some are more on the lean side. We all have a natural shape that nature intends for us :) It makes sense, but it's not something we should worry about. Eating whole natural foods make us satisfied unlike processed foods. Everyone has a natural shape they are pre -dis positioned to.

When I was young (as you appear to be) I was able to maintain a healthy weight and I never worried about what I ate.

As I got into my thirties and was less active that became a problem. Then I became active again in my forties but I was still eating like it was 1999. More food led to me being over weight for the first time in my life at age 43. The only way I was able to lose all that weight was to keep track of my food.

I truly hope you never have to find out how weight just piles on almost without noticing (or maybe, without caring) because of bad longterm habits.

Seems kind of odd to argue calorie counting on this site, but there are a lot of people here who don't keep track. To each their own.

Truthfully, I envy anyone who can achieve their weight goals without having to count calories. That will just never be me.

And, just as an aside (not that anyone's said this) I think it's admirable it seems the OP will be happy at any weight.