NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

If I buy larger clothes then I am working to try to accept that and see where my natural body is :)

Ok. Sounds like you have it all worked out in your head then.

I am unaware of any forums that cater to your philosophy. When you think about it they may not have anything to discuss if they are all just listening to their bodies.

HAES???
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Eating wholesome food when I was hungry led to a 70 pound weight gain over the years. Counting calories allowed me to lose that weight and maintain the loss. Wishing you a better outcome with your eating plan.

Why does this lead so many people to weight gain? We weren't counting calories a couple hundred years ago or even a hundred years ago... Seems unnatural to be measuring and counting, we should eat when we are hungry >,<

Well... my idea on this is..... the environment has changed and we have not.... highly palatable, energy dense foods.... add in easy access at cost per calorie.... decreased energy expenditures... humans like to get cheap energy and do the least we can..
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I will likely not count calories indefinitely, but I have really learned a lot while I have. I have learned that I literally cannot eat too many vegetables. It is not physically possible, so I probably won't continue to weigh every ounce of cauliflower I eat. But there have been some really informative surprises. (Peanuts! Who knew?) I am two pounds away from as low as I want to go, but if I found myself getting heavier than I wanted, I would not hesitate to start counting again -- just so I could be better informed about what's going into my body.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Not me. I gained a lot of weight eating wholesome foods and eating when I was hungry.

There are others who are basically doing what you are doing so you are not alone.

Whatever your goals are I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you! I can't seem to find anyone on here who isn't counting calories sadly...

Well considering this is a community for a calorie counting app, that shouldn't be particularly surprising.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Eating wholesome food when I was hungry led to a 70 pound weight gain over the years. Counting calories allowed me to lose that weight and maintain the loss. Wishing you a better outcome with your eating plan.

Why does this lead so many people to weight gain? We weren't counting calories a couple hundred years ago or even a hundred years ago... Seems unnatural to be measuring and counting, we should eat when we are hungry >,<

We moved a lot more a couple of hundred years ago. Half of my family were farming river bottom and the other half on mountain land that you couldn't plow without hitting coal. Hard work and no time to eat even if you were hungry. Maybe a ploughman's lunch of bread and cheese, but nothing like the amount of calories most of us eat for lunch now.

I wish you luck with intuitive eating. But remember that you are going to feel hungry sometimes when you really aren't.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's right! I'm done counting calories and tracking everything I eat! I'm eating wholesome foods and eating when I am hungry. Doing what feels natural! Anyone else here with me on this?

Nope. I ended up here because I did that. Not everyone needs to count calories, but I do. If it works for you—awesome!
  • ClarkGoheen
    ClarkGoheen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am sort of with you, but also agree with the others that if you are not careful even eating healthy foods when you feel hungry can lead to weight gain. If you don't want to count calories, then you must exercise portion control. If you counted calories, you know what the correct portions look like i.e. a playing card size of meat is a serving, handful of fruit, etc. with vegetables, I don't worry quite so much about how much I eat because they are so low in calories depending on how they are prepared. I have some of the single serving fruit cups that I save and then use them to measure out a single serving of my chosen fruit and I try to buy the fruits packed in water rather than syrup.