Sweet fix on no bread, pasta, rice, sugar

I’m currently cutting out bread, rice, pasta and any added sugar unless it’s honey or naturally part of the food. Those of you that are on a similar diet, what is your go to for a sweet fix.

I’m looking for something outside of smoothies and protein drinks.

Replies

• tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Some fresh or dried fruit? Sugar free jello? Sugar free pudding?
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Berries for dessert are my fav. 🍓 I grind up whole vanilla bean and use in puddings or my coffee for a little sweetener as well.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    dates
  • cheyeneinthesprings
    cheyeneinthesprings Posts: 46 Member
    Frozen berries, Greek yogurt plain with stevia, coffee with stevia and half and half, quest bars, nut butter
  • debb430
    debb430 Posts: 14 Member
    I mix low-fat cottage cheese with walnuts and strawberries and add in just a bit of sugar free jello powder (any flavor). It takes like a dessert but loaded with protein, good fat and antioxidants from the fruit! Easily can be a healthy snack or even breakfast in a hurry!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    dates

I don't quite see how romance is the answer. That's a very different kind of sweet.

Lol it’s fruit, from a palm tree and tasty. 😊

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    dates

I don't quite see how romance is the answer. That's a very different kind of sweet.

Lol it’s fruit, from a palm tree and tasty. 😊

Ha

Yes I am aware, a joke my dear.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Grapes
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Carrots.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    dates

Ya never know!!! :*
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Although I do not specifically limit all refined carbs, I do try to get three servings of whole fruit every day and that seems to eliminate any cravings I have for refined carbs or sugar.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Carrots.

I wish carrots satisfied my sweet tooth!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    As others have said, fruit is the obvious answer. I think a pear makes a nice dessert.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Energy balls made with nuts, dates and dried fruits or nut butters. Easy to make and you can keep on hand to snack.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I enjoy taking shots of honey. Good stuff, coats the throat.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2019
    I do not cut out sugar like you do - I still drink soda (*gasp*). But the ripe pineapples at my local grocery store have been like candy lately. Soooo good, 100g is only 50 calories, and has some fiber. In the winter, I was all over the clementines/cuties/halos whatever they call those little mandarin oranges. In summer, strawberries are awesome. Basically whatever fruit is in season at the moment is going to be the best-tasting treat and be more satisfying.