I don’t think I’m losing weight??

Options
2»

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    A perplexing question...But if you don't lose weight, then how did you originally gain weight? I am running out of options here, but somehow it must have had to do with eating more calories than the body needed. So in a reciprocal way - eat a little bit less than the body needs, and voila! By the way - I can't imagine that anyone gained a huge amount of weight overnight - so it will take at least the same time to lose the weight again.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    A perplexing question...But if you don't lose weight, then how did you originally gain weight? I am running out of options here, but somehow it must have had to do with eating more calories than the body needed. So in a reciprocal way - eat a little bit less than the body needs, and voila! By the way - I can't imagine that anyone gained a huge amount of weight overnight - so it will take at least the same time to lose the weight again.
    OP updated to say that she has lost weight...
  • jessicalys
    jessicalys Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you for actually being nice and straight to the point. I am weighing everything very accurately and logging it as so. I guess I’m just concerned because I thought at my size I would be able to lose weight quickly considering how much I’m cutting and on my feet/working out. [/quote]

I have lost 85lbs (down from 280) so I am just now down to "your size". Now is actually the time when I have stalled and am finding it difficult to lose! "Your size" isn't that large to start with, and it takes time. I have only lost 2lbs in 3 weeks now that I am "your size". Prior to hitting 200lbs, I could lose 3lbs in a week.

I think in our heads it should be going faster because we have made so many changes. Just remember, it's a slow process. But quitting doesn't speed it up.

Set some other goals. I made it a goal to eat one veggie at every meal, increase water intake, and eat a variety of lean meats (I was getting sick of chicken breast). I find that if I make my goals what I CAN do/eat, instead of restricting, I feel more fulfilled.

You didn't gain weight over night, you're not going to lose weight overnight.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    This is an old post, OP was coming back to say she has now lost 70lbs peeps!
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm so glad you stuck with it when the early returns weren't great!
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating us. I just read through the entire thread. There is LOTS of good information here when you feel like nothing is happening.