what are you like at the gym

Options

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I am completely oblivious to the rest of the world at the gym. Except when the occasional sexy man passes by me, but at my gym that rarely happens.

^^^^This, except I have lots of eye candy at my gym, helps make the time fly by :wink:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a conventional gym - I go to a "Crossfit Box", a barebones, warehouse like room, no mirrors, so no attitude.
    When I go to the gym, I am fierce! I dig deep and find my inner warrior and leave it all there on the floor. Some days I cry for my late father, some days I smile, but everyday I go I feel accomplished.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Cardio is ALLL headphones, I will not talk to you on cardio.
    But weights, yeah, I pull out the headphones and have quick chats with people :D.
    This is how I do it also!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I just workout and mind my own business. I say hello to the cleaner, because I see her all the time but I ignore all the other people, unless somebody needs help.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I am the "don't talk to me, I may eat you" kind of person. People walk by and say "Cheer up!" and my response is I'm not mad, this is just my face :huh:

drives me nuts when people say that...! not exactly sure why...but it does...
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm just there for the hot *kitten*.

seriously, nothing gets me going like a group of twenty-something college guys talking about all the p*ssy they wish they could get while doing way too much bench press so they can rub their pecs as they look in the mirror and ignore the silly idea that they may want to add in some lower body strength training. mmmm mmmm!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am the "don't talk to me, I may eat you" kind of person. People walk by and say "Cheer up!" and my response is I'm not mad, this is just my face :huh:

drives me nuts when people say that...! not exactly sure why...but it does...

which part? the cheer up, or the this is just my face?
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but if I did, I would be just like I am here. For example, as soon as someone finished a workout, I'd go up to them and say, "great job! now you're gonna eat those calories back right?"
  • nurseredtx4
    Options
    I dont get much me time, and the gym is where i get it. so unles you have some helpful suggestions, then dont talk to me
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

seriously, nothing gets me going like a group of twenty-something college guys talking about all the p*ssy they wish they could get while doing way too much bench press so they can rub their pecs as they look in the mirror and ignore the silly idea that they may want to add in some lower body strength training. mmmm mmmm!

Can I marry you? Tell them to SHUT UP AND SQUAT!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I would definitely be the "leave me alone" type. If I were there with a buddy I may talk to them while working out....but chit-chat would probably be to a minimum. It's hard to get in the zone when someone is talking your ear off.
  • THCamel
    THCamel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am the scared and out of my element type person in the gym,
    I am curious about all the equipment, but afraid to try something new.
    I am a people watcher, I am fascinated by the way people get into their workouts and I am envious of the people who are "on a mission" I strive to be like them.

How candid, u made me :smile:
    Thank u
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

.....:love:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm def. a leave me alone kind! I run into people I know and they try to talk and I try really hard to make it short and go on my way. I always wonder later if I seemed rude or if they took it wrong, but I don't care. Usually I have X amount of time before I have to go get my son and I want to do all that I can while I'm there.

Occasionally I'll go with a freind or bf, but even then I'm still on a mission. haha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Training on my own, I'm focused and will make small talk occasionally. To lift heavy, you can't be distracted or it could end up in injury.
    As a trainer, I'm all business. It's about tough love and motivation.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I'm focused. I don't talk to anyone. I might do a head nod to someone but that's it. The only time I talk to anyone is if they ask me something about a particular exercise or machine, which is rare because I look mean and people generally don't approach me.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am focused when I am at the gym. I have headphones in when doing cardio. When doing weights/stretching, I will chit chat with the regulars that I know but otherwise very focused at what I am doing.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    I don't go to a gym, but if I did, I would be just like I am here. For example, as soon as someone finished a workout, I'd go up to them and say, "great job! now you're gonna eat those calories back right?"

omg........made me lmao !!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    im a very ignorant person at the gym headphone constantly in my ears
    i see some people stand to the side of a machine and chat for 30min, i just think why not jump on the one nect to it and workout with the person ur chatting to :grumble:

are you the leave me alone this is my time kinda person
    or im only here to chat away my time

I know right! There is this old man at my gym, he also waves at me to talk. Every time I give him this look, like please leave me alone. :huh: I'm not there to socialize, I'm there to get a good burn and nothing more. Besides I have very limited time before work and school.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I probably come off as anti-social. I want to get in, focus on my lifts, and gtfo. It irritates me to know end when somebody is holding up a piece of equipment that I need while the chit-chat with somebody and on top of that they're doing some stupid bull**** or doing the exercise wrong in the first place.