Socks the Poll: first or last

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Getting dressed...
    Skin cream, starting with face
    Often socks next so I don't have to tip toe around.
    underwear, pants, shirt, do hair
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Socks second, after underwear. I have dogs = no carpets = cold floors. I hate cold feet.

Do you walk around in underwear and socks then? If I’m waking around in underwear I’m not usually wearing socks

No, I'm getting dressed. The only walking around is in the bedroom. Between shower and getting dressed I have sheepskin slippers on.
  • _impressive_
    _impressive_ Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2019
    Socks on first, and last. All I wear besides the trenchcoat on special occasions.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Socks on first, and last. All I wear besides the trenchcoat on special occasions.

No hat? That’s odd.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    When I get ready for the gym in the morning it is socks first. When I get out of the shower it depends on the weather. Usually socks last unless I am going to put shoes on right away and then underwear, bra, socks, pants, shirt
  • _impressive_

No hat? That’s odd.

That never gets removed
  • pizzamyheart
    Socks on first is totally weird to me. What if you have those jogger pants with the ankle Cuffs?
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Socks on first is totally weird to me. What if you have those jogger pants with the ankle Cuffs?

If you put your socks on after your ankle cuff pants then your socks are over the pants, right? That would look and feel weird
  • pizzamyheart

If you put your socks on after your ankle cuff pants then your socks are over the pants, right? That would look and feel weird

Wait, that’s weird? Uh oh.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited April 2019
    Socks are last for me. I bring them with me to the mudroom and sit on my section of the mudroom locker and put them on, get my shoes out of my shoe cubby, put the shoes on, and head out the door.

Edited: bc typing past bedtime isn't working out well for me right now.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Depends on what pants I'm wearing. Weekdays when I'm wearing scrubs, socks last. If it's tapered jeans/legging/joggers, socks first.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Last. If you put them on first and forget something in the dryer, you just look like an idiot walking around nude with nothing but socks on.

I agree with putting them on last, but how many people are actually going to be seeing you walking around naked?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Last. If you put them on first and forget something in the dryer, you just look like an idiot walking around nude with nothing but socks on.

could be cute
  • _impressive_
    cg61o8gpczkx.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    cg61o8gpczkx.gif
    yup. like that
  • GimmeAMalt
    GimmeAMalt Posts: 83 Member
    All I wear is tube socks so the order doesn’t matter much. One around my forehead like Rambo, one as a scarf, one as a belt, one on each hand like hand puppets, one as well, you know, a loin cover, and one on each foot.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Do you put your socks on after everything? Or do you put them on first, because they are technically “underclothes” type of thing? What kind of person are you? Socks first or last? Or maybe you put them on sometime in between the underwear and the pants? What’s your order of dress?

I don't have to wear socks now.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Underwear first, maybe socks, then pants. Sometimes pants then socks.
    I don't ever put on socks before all other clothes or take off socks last if I am removing all my clothes.
  • pizzamyheart
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Underwear first, maybe socks, then pants. Sometimes pants then socks.
    I don't ever put on socks before all other clothes or take off socks last if I am removing all my clothes.

It would be weird I think to put socks on BEFORE underwear. Maybe even red flag psychopath weird.