Any Canadians out there or anyone for Moral support!!

Options
Hello, I’m Annie and I’m 40 and I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve signed up and tried MFP but I love it. So easy and you don’t have to cut out any food groups. I did paleo for almost a month and felt so good and lost 7 lbs but I missed bread and pasta. Also did weight watchers but I don’t like the new program as it feels too low carb to me. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each over. I’m terrified of falling off the wagon by the end of the first week or two as usual.

Replies

• cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    There's quite a few of us here. I'm in Alberta.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    London ont here, Fall off the wagon as much as you need, Just make sure you get back on each time. Gets easier with practice.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    hey I'm from Toronto. Everyone has struggles just gotta keep plugging away
  • alkruszy
    alkruszy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and in Ontario. I also did Paleo and WW (and everything out there) but the only thing that works for me is counting calories. I've been committing to tracking on MFP for about a week now and have lost 3lbs so far. I am being super conscious of everything I'm doing right now to create a habit of this (eating right, moving more) so it comes naturally because I'm so sick of making up excuses for myself! Good luck!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Took me till I turned 59 to get serious then it wasn't that bad. I too tried all the crazy diets even had a lapband at one point. Finally came here and got serious then lost over 100 lbs. I've maintained for over a year so far. I feel better now than I did 10 years ago. You can do it!
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fellow Canadian here🙂 I'm from Spruce Grove Alberta.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Toronto!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Small town a little north of London on.
  • klvanun
    klvanun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Calgary Alberta here. I always fall off the wagon (addiction to Twizzlers 🤣). I'm just outside of Calgary, never had friends on here because I'm usually yo-yoing alone so feel free to add me (because I don't know how to add people)!!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am from London, Ontario. There are quite a few from Canada.
  • janiquabq
    janiquabq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in Toronto. I feel the same way!! I don't want to fall off the wagon after a week!! I'm really encouraged that I've lost 3 pounds in my first week. Yay!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I can see Toronto if the atmospheric conditions are right from NY. I don't imagine that counts though right?
  • Christmasrum
    Christmasrum Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello - Pelham, Ontario. 54 and back here! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • marywelsh30
    marywelsh30 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ottawa, I also have tried low carb (hate it) and Weight Watchers but with no success to speak of. I'm 67 and have about 80 lbs to loose so am focusing on monitoring calorie intake, moving more and keeping an eye on carbs , but not eliminating them. I'm currently reading Target 100. Has any anyone else read this book? It concentrates on counting carbs up to 100 grams a day, hence the title, and also changing habits....that's the area I'm very interested in. My weakness is snacking at night.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    I can see Toronto if the atmospheric conditions are right from NY. I don't imagine that counts though right?

Rochester?
  • DorianaM2018
    DorianaM2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello from Toronto. This is the fuss time I’m counting my calories and I love it . Tried low carb, WW and many other fad diets.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »

Rochester?

Correct yes.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Winnipeg, Manitoba. Smack dab in the middle of our awesome country. Add me if you wanna talk about how the heck to exercise in the middle of our brutal winters, hockey (and how our Jets seem to be playing horribly at the worst possible time), or just chat about workouts, nutrition etc.
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Greeting's from Anola, Manitoba. Please feel free to add me. We can compare calories burned shoveling snow :wink:
  • Bellavita32
    Bellavita32 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Stoney Creek Ontario here