Do I need to gain weight?

13»

Replies

• manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Youre making it too complicated. These numbers are pointless. You dont need them too see that you need to add weight. Eat more calories, lift some heavy things 3 times a week hitting every major muscle group with compound movements, and spend the remainder of the time chillin and patting yourself on the back for a job well done.....orrr, do none of the above and remain exactly as you are.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Yeah its all true. Just trying help from a different angle. We've done sympathetic, get to a dr.....which by the way i highly recommend rather than asking for help on the Internet kind of approach. If the tough love approach did not work then hey, i tried my best. That being said, maybe my opinion has not helped, i was just frustrated at the original posters plight, and i want him to get help. Im sure if we all work together he will read these posts and take actio from them...
  • ppomoberry
    ppomoberry Posts: 21 Member
    I will try and have told my parents however I am curious if I should take a week off from lifting eat more and then commence next week with lifting again or can I (should I) continue this week as well?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited April 2019
    ppomoberry wrote: »
    I will try and have told my parents however I am curious if I should take a week off from lifting eat more and then commence next week with lifting again or can I (should I) continue this week as well?

What you have been describing with fatigue and your muscles having trouble warming up makes me think you need to focus all your efforts on eating more and stop exercising for right now. A week off won’t hurt you in any way, while exercise when you are very underweight could hurt you.

What does your doctor say about what you should do?
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Doesn’t really matter . Think big picture. Lift don’t lift. Lifting doesn’t really burn many calories. The only thing and i repeat the only thing that matters right now is upping your calories 5 fold. Adding POUNDS per week.

Even if you gained ten pounds of pure fat ( which you won’t) you would still be shredded body fat levels. My picture here is about 12-13 % body fat. That’s about 25 pounds of fat on me. Way more then you and I wouldn’t consider that “fat”. You want and need to gain some fat