Half the Woman I use to be.. loss 139lbs in 9mths..

Options
I am so Loving the New me.. My name is Rachel and I am On the Most Rewarding Journey of my Life..

I started my Journey Many Many years ago but never followed it thru till this last time, which was in November 2010 after I had My 3rd child.. I was a whopping 312lbs in November but let me tell you that was not my heaviest weight in life, back in 2006 before I even had children I weighed 359lbs and the Dr. told me I had to lose weight if I wanted any children so I did and loss 84lbs then, but with having more children the weight just went up and down..

You know I used to hate pictures of myself, and would get really mad when i looked myself in the mirror, I even use to take showers with the lights off just so I would not have to see my reflection in the mirror as well...((this saddens me)) But now I really don't mind them at all..

When I was pregnant with my last child I felt awful, like a fat cow and My Husband was Just adding to it saying stuff like man you really going to eat that!!! or just telling me I was a fatty and to quit using the excuse that I was pregnant to eat food.. which he said he was just playing but you don't say those things to someone you supposibly LOVE... My weight was putting a strain on my marriage and My husband seemed to be embarressed/ashamed to be seen with me, I think he was surprised that he'd married a woman who looked one way, and then 1 year later, she was twice that size. It is still Very complicated around here but in the complete opposite way.. All I can say is If you Don't want me at My Worst, then you Sure as Hell don't Deserve me at my BEST... Right?????

Well I decided that the day I had My son I was going to Make some changes and I was going to follow all the way thru with them.. I started myself on a 12-1300 cal diet with exercise daily and increased my exercises monthly.. I started losing right away. Now, when I'm out to dinner, and I get real quiet, someone will say, "your checking your cals" And I am! When I cook at home, I measure everything to get the right portion — eyeballing it doesn't work for me. I also never deprive myself; I just make great substitutions. For example, I don't go to Dairy Queen, but I will get a skinny cow ice cream and have it instead..

Most Awesome reward is that I believe in myself more than I ever have before. I have a greater sense of self-worth; I put myself first often; I am able to make decisions and follow through with them even if it hurts or is scary; and I’ve learned that change can be a good thing and an opportunity to grow. One of the most rewarding changes has been that I've gained people in my life whom I consider invaluable, and whose paths most likely would never have crossed my own had I not made the decision to change my life(( which is alot of my MFP Buddies)).And I Thank you all from the Bottom of my heart..." My journey will never be over — this was a lifestyle change forever"

Let me ask you New friends Reading this... Are you demotivated? Find the reason! Take a picture of yourself every month so you will see the changes and be motivated every time. Know that you are eating to keep your body healthy and fine. Just think in long term, your body will thank you for that, And When you reach your goal, you will feel powerful, invincible, that you can achieve whatever you want in life. Let me tell you that this feeling leaves you speechless and so happy every second of your life. It is so worth the fight and the sacrifices, just keep doing it and results will come. I always Say "Believe and you shall Achieve" So all You Beautiful, Sexy & Amazing Friends, Start Believing.. Love you all Bunches and Good Luck on your Weightloss Journeys ,, Remember: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

Love you Bunches.. Rachel~

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done so great! It doesn't even look like from your pics that you have any problems areas from loose skin. WOW! Just wow! Amazing!!!

Your story is just amazing!!!
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Rachel;

You are half the physical woman you used to be, but you are definitely twice the lady you were.
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome, and you look great!!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look incredible! You should be SO PROUD of yourself!! :)
  • Finding_Tina
    Finding_Tina Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just Amazing Rachel!!! You truly are a strong and committed woman!
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    You are truly amazing. When I see people with stories like you, I know I can do it, too. I just have to make the change for ME and no one else!
  • sweetheart37
    Options
    we have met on this weight loss journey and i love u to pieces , ur a amazing and so inspirational...ur there to help anyone is a second....well u need to be told u have done a amazing job and for the lil i have known u im soooooooooo proud of u and what u have done with urself...u look so amazing and can tell ur proud of urself and u should be...i am startn out where u started out and i cant wait to get my journey where u have.....congrats girl u deserve it,love n hugs to u .....im glad i have u to guide me along this path :bigsmile:
  • Emily_34
    Emily_34 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You look great! :)
  • livingbetter24
    Options
    This is awesome, way to go!! :happy:
  • siouxzq4
    siouxzq4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations & keep up the good...no GREAT work! Your uplifting story is exactly what I needed to hear today. Thank you for sharing and for the boost of motivation.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! You inspire me each and every day!
  • jenny_fur
    Options
    Simply GORGEOUS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Rachel!!
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    WOW.. Amazing!!
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Very touching! And you look absolutely amazing!
  • 1petewest
    1petewest Posts: 281
    Options
    Rachel;

You are half the physical woman you used to be, but you are definitely twice the lady you were.

I COMPLETELY agree with Hodar...

I am SO proud of you Rachel and I too am grateful to have you in my life...
    I pray God's BEST for you in every area of your life!
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Rachel, my friend, you are an inspiration to me daily. Apart from your awesome determination, the love you have for your friends, spurs me on to be a better person every day! I look forward to your messages to get me up & going! I am SO proud of you! Love you Momma!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Rachel;

Amen!!
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    that is wonderful, what an amazing journey for you. congratulations!!!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Amazing!!!!!