CHOBANI Greek Yogurt = Yuck :(

Options

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Add truvia to it or splenda... :) It needs some added sweetness.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I hated it...until I tried it with sugar free jello mix and froze it :)
  • avarielle1215
    avarielle1215 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat the plain at first; it took time to acclimate my taste buds. I love, love, LOVE the fig though!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    What!? Chobani Greek yogurt is the least sour tasting. I stay away from plain yogurts though. Greek or non Greek plain yogurts gross me out. The best tasting Chobani yogurts are ones that have fruit on the bottom. I've tried adding my own fruit and it still grosses me out. The health heads would say yogurts with fruit on the bottom are not good for you but it's a great way to ease yourself in to the Greek yogurt world. : )
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree that the plain chobani can be a little sour. The best greek yogurt out there is definitely Fage 2%. You won't be disappointed.

Agreed!!! Fage 2% rules the greek yogurt world.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and honey
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    So today was my first time trying Chobani's Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt.. (7g sugar, 18g protein). I added 1/2 a cup of Fiber One original bran cereal to it, and a couple of sliced up strawberries.. 182 cals total for lunch. It did fill me up, however it was gross.. a bit too sour for me..

Any other options to add to this yogurt? I did get the non-fat plain.. what are your favorite recipes with greek yogurt and that is HEALTHY..

The Chobani, Oikos, Dannon and Yoplait (so called greek yogurt) are all gross.

In fact, I can only eat full fat Fage greek yogurt or Mountain High full fat plain milk yogurt. Those are the only 2 I like.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    The Chobani Pineapple is my favorite!

That one is really good. Last night I had the blueberry one with some Vanilla Almond Clusters cereal from Trader Joe's....very tasty.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What!? Chobani Greek yogurt is the least sour tasting. I stay away from plain yogurts though. Greek or non Greek plain yogurts gross me out. The best tasting Chobani yogurts are ones that have fruit on the bottom. I've tried adding my own fruit and it still grosses me out. The health heads would say yogurts with fruit on the bottom are not good for you but it's a great way to ease yourself in to the Greek yogurt world. : )

I like adding fruit to the fruit on the bottom ones....but a contrasting flavor....for instance I had the pomegranite with some banana, the pineapple one with some cherries, the black cherry one with a white nectarine...all very good combos.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    chobani with mango....

Oh - My - Gosh!!!

Sooo Goood!!!
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani! Their pineapple is my absolute favorite! I can't get enough of it. I just tried the mango today and it was pretty darn good. My daugher loves the black cherry too.

I am not so sure plain anything tastes good. I don't think plain Chobani would either. So try the stuff with the fruit. I like it better than fage or yoplait or dannon. Their greek is runny and tasteless to me.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt is my "WHIP CREAM" LOL........I put fresh berries/peaches/mango or any fruit & also add 1/4 c...naked fruit & nut granola, yummy as can be (for me) but the calories do add up, so gotta be careful ;-)))
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    Add a crystal light drop in to plain Greek yogurt. I have also read you can stir in sugar free jello powder to taste.

yes the sugar free jello is good. Ive tried the cheesecake and banana pudding--yummy. Never tried the crystal light. Will have to tyr.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I only use plain Chobani in my scrambled eggs or as a substitute for sour cream or mayo. The fruit on the bottom varieties of Chobani are delicious!!
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've put this reply on a couple of Greek yogurt threads already- my method is mixing in jam. It makes the yogurt both sweet and fruity, and mixes into every bite unlike mixing in chopped fruit. I use less than a tablespoon of jam for my usual 6oz of yogurt, so generally less than 50 calories to oomp up the flavor! It's sort of like do-it-yourself fruit on the bottom where you have better control over the sugar content.
  • kldmom3ga
    Options
    Add a crystal light drop in to plain Greek yogurt. I have also read you can stir in sugar free jello powder to taste.

I agree!! Very yummy. The Crystal Light fruit punch is great, I also like the lemon aid. You just sprinkle a small amount and stir. :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    plain sucks get vanilla
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani, but make sure you ALWAYS check the contents before eating it. I have heard from 3 different people that they found mold in their yogurt. They were all within their expiration date, but were moldy. Maybe it's the the lid. I had one where the lid was not attached properly, like there was no glue halfway around the top. That being said, I love the pineapple and lemon flavors.
  • morriusmfp
    morriusmfp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally I like to mix apples, sultanas and honey into my greek yoghurt.

Weight Watchers here in the UK do a good 'convenience' yoghurt for lunchboxes etc - 6.8g of sugar, 0.2g fat, 5g protein, 52 calories per pot. Other 'healthy' single pot yoghurts can have up to 35g sugar in!
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Chobani brand either. However, I do love the Yopliant Greek and the Dannon Greek yogurts.