• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Tues
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters - 3 at job 1, 2 at job 2 :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - pot pie :)
    5. Empty dishwasher :)
    6. Put away laundry/Pick out clothes for work >:)
    7. Take sausage and chicken out of freezer :)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)
    9. Update this list later >:)

JFT Weds
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish Oil :)
    3. Log all food
    4. Waters! Atleast 6 waters while at work
    5. Cook dinner at home - sausage, pepper and onion sandwiches w/tater tots
    6. Eat packed lunch
    7. Make waxing appointment for lunch
    8. Run dishwasher
    9. PUT AWAY CLOTHES!!!
    10. Bed by 9:30
    11. Update this list later
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    It's already 3PM here, so, only half of a day is in front of me, but here are my goals:

- eat berries for an afternoon snack
    - eat light, folate-rich dinner (chickpeas and some greens)
    - don't eat anything after dinner
    - take a walk
    - make at least one more contact list (for the job)
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited April 2019
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    daneejela wrote: »
    JFT, Monday:

- Find a gynecologist
    - Order thyroid test
    - Buy food supplies for the week (lentils, chickpeas, berries, veggies)
    - avoid snacking

I have thyroid issues too, are you hyper or hypo? X

@Bex953172
    I was hypo a decade ago, while I was still at the university and my deficit was not too big so after a while, when I felt better, I just stopped talking medications (stupid, I know). In my defense, I was often sick as a kid, so by the time I reach my 20s, I felt I had enough of medications. Weirdly, some of my chronic problems miraculously just disappeared over time (like asthma and strong pollen allergies).

Now, after a decade of neglecting my health, I am trying to force myself to make all those testings again. I've started to feel my thyroid in my throught, so I am scared it might be growing. :/ Another reason is that we'd like to make a baby :)

Does your thyroid make you a lot of problems? Are you hyper or hypo?

@maryrobinson40
    I am so sorry for your loss...I can't even imagine how hard it must be...
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Good day yesterday in the green by 400 and a strengthening class at the gym. Today my preop appointment with my internist. Knee replacement is May 8. Today's exercise will be some time on the tennis courts with my team - outdoors and with friends!

JFT 4/17/19
    Pre-track my day for approx 1600 calories
    Make soup or white bean chili from leftover Costco chicken
    Read and reflect on Changing Habits for Good
    No wine or snacks after dinner. (I've started saying Kitchen is Closed! - Love that - it works)
  • kathryn1391
    kathryn1391 Posts: 100 Member
    Wednesday:
    1. Go to the Gym
    2. Limit social media use at home
    3. Drink 2 glasses of water through the evening.
    4. Do my skincare routine and don't skip any steps.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    edited April 2019
    Update JFT Tuesday
    logged (ok, i just updated it. )
    did not swim, my meneires flared so i went home to bed
    packed my lunch this morning

JFT 4/19
    log
    hoping to swim
    crochet at church
    Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day, so if you dont' see me, don't panic

Oh yeah. i guess i'm fasting till lunch today because i forgot my breakfast at home. darnit. :(
  • missheidi
    missheidi wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Yes, they figured it out and we got to come home. Thank you for asking! Yes I’ve been keeping up with the challenge but this one is a little different. Every day you have to add another set. I try to complete them first thing in the morning. That way I know I will get them done. I do a set when brushing my teeth and continue while I’m doing my morning face routine etc. lol I know it sounds silly but it really helps.

Thankful everyone is home and doing well.
    I am the same...I don't do squats while brushing teeth, although I did think about it last night. But I do them while I wait for my water to boil, or toast to brown, etc! I just have to get a hundred in each day...not sure I could do more than that!!! Keep it up...you are going to have some strong legs!!!

I received this friendly reminder yesterday...thought I'd pass it on to you!
    goer7ire80l0.png

what's the squat challenge?

There are variations. I don’t use an app or anything like that. There are some good ones on Pinterest or I just do them with friends. You can do so many a day or do a challenge of increasing the amount daily, which is what I’m doing. There are so many variations. If you decide to do one, I would opt to pick something that is challenging, yet not so challenging that you can’t/won’t complete it.

my problem is i do great for a couple days and then forget.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,264 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @clicketykeys and @littleblackskirt - thank you. Feeling happy with the muscle definition. Other than bodyweight stuff I don’t lift anything heavier than 6-8kg dumbbells and a kettlebell that’s maybe 10 or 12 in my boot camp class? Just goes to show you don’t have to lift super heavy!

And I lost around 50lbs in total since I started on Mfp. Some days feel like maintenance is harder than losing. That’s why I’m so grateful to have this group to keep me focussed. Thank you so much for your kind words xx

You look awesome!! I did my first bootcamp this morning ... a free class. But I only lasted about 30 minutes LOL!!! It is good to know that you can get that kind of definition without lifting a lot of weights! Great job!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    @toaljasa; It doesn't matter if I get slim and trim. I must get strong and stay strong. I must make exercise a part of my life, even when, especially when, I am 72 and beyond so that I will have the strength I need, as well as balance. Peace and joy.
    Such good advice! My neighbor, who is also in her 70's fell in her kitchen one day while I was visiting. She couldn't get up, and required help from both her husband (who is on oxygen) and me. It was a worrisome time, and she said that she is so weak from chronic illness and spending a lot of time in bed watching TV, that she wasn't able to help herself. One more reason to keep exercising--and like you, I don't always feel like it.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,044 Member
    @aubyshortcake , so glad you found your dogs in time, a scary time for you all.

@clicketykeys and @littleblackskirt - thank you. Feeling happy with the muscle definition. Other than bodyweight stuff I don’t lift anything heavier than 6-8kg dumbbells and a kettlebell that’s maybe 10 or 12 in my boot camp class? Just goes to show you don’t have to lift super heavy!

And I lost around 50lbs in total since I started on Mfp. Some days feel like maintenance is harder than losing. That’s why I’m so grateful to have this group to keep me focussed. Thank you so much for your kind words xx

@Faebert, that is so interesting. I've always felt that "proper exercises" are beyond me with my back issues. However, I recently bought some sets of small dumbbells (think the largest were 5kg) in the hopes that I could do something to improve my strength. I used to lift at work and I miss it now. I'm still using the small 2kg weights but you give me hope that I may be able to make a difference.

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @aubyshortcake , so glad you found your dogs in time, a scary time for you all.

@Faebert, that is so interesting. I've always felt that "proper exercises" are beyond me with my back issues. However, I recently bought some sets of small dumbbells (think the largest were 5kg) in the hopes that I could do something to improve my strength. I used to lift at work and I miss it now. I'm still using the small 2kg weights but you give me hope that I may be able to make a difference.

@littleblackskirt I’m lucky I don’t have back issues but I have to say until recently my workout routine was just body weight and circuit stuff using 2.5kg weights. I only use the heavier ones in my Warrior boot camp class which I started fairly recently. So I think you absolutely can make a difference at lower weights x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    @hellerhoneybee and @littleblackskirt Thank you so much. As the day went on I started getting really worried because we saw nothing and heard nothing, then around 6 pm we finally got a call. They had wandered a couple miles away to the Bay, they were in the mangroves by the water. Rukia was stuck in the mud and Kya stayed with her. A boater spotted them and got them into his boat. They are both home safe now but very weak and dehydrated. They were terrified and shaking and Rukia can barely walk. They seem a little more relaxed this morning but I think it's going to be a few days before they're back to normal, we will be keeping a close eye on them. I'm just glad they were found when they were, they were stuck there surrounded by salt water, I don't know that they would have made it through another night.
    OH I am so thankful your dogs were found and rescued and now safe at home. You are relieved I'm sure. So thankful the gentleman took time to get them.
  • missheidi
    I am practicing self care today and not swimming. This storm has got to break and relieve my ear pressure soon.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    @HEGoddard0928; This might be way off track, but is there a chance it could be a parasitic infection? Last summer, I had one---not sure just how I got it--probably from cat-sitting--but it wipes you out; constant nausea, unable to keep any food down, and diarrhea, weakness. Once it was diagnosed and treated, recovery was very quick.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,154 Member
    @aubyshortcake thats so scary about your dogs, thank goodness someone saved them! They truly are beautiful!

Our dog escaped once and went to the flipping park! Idiot thing!
    And another time he escaped and someone fed him treats and he didnt want to come home lol! (Very food driven dog)
    But everytime its just a sickening feeling isnt it!
    I dont know how cat owners dont worry!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,928 Member
    It was 7 pages from the time I posted Monday night until now! What a busy couple of days. I know there was a lot more, but I did make notes for some. Love you all though!!!

Maryrobinson40- what an amazing tribute to your brother. I hope the service brought you some comfort. What a beautiful family, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Bookmeister86 - thanks for your encouragement. I have been tailoring my cover letter to each position I have applied for, but I would love to read the article. This was the woman I’m not as impressed with.

Littleblackskirt - I was struggling with the Aleve and Advil I am taking for my ribs upsetting my stomach I was told by a nurse friend of mine to take Pepcid AC or Zantac with it and it has helped a lot.

Clicketykeys - I would have wanted to just sit in those trees and breathe in the fresh air. What a treat to walk in nature.

Aubyshortcake - I hope your dogs are home safe and sound by now. Just read the update. So happy they are home again! Of course the running in the sound counts for something!!

Toaljasa - I like the idea of doing the squats while doing other things. I am going to try to incorporate this. Where is the challenge you spoke about?

Hegoddard0928 - Bex has a great suggestion, CBD helps with nausea in patients receiving chemo. It might be a help.

Bex953172 - Depression just sucks! I know it. I’ve suffered from it several times now. One thing that has really helped me is I read positive quotes. I share one on my FB every night. I find them on Pinterest. I also write in my Gratitude Journal. I will admit I scoffed at this when it was suggested to me, but I now find if I miss my Journal a few nights I notice a difference in my mood. Some days, when I first started, I was grateful to just be left alone or I was grateful to be able to stay in bed. Those days are fewer and farther between now. We are all here for you. I’m not surprised, you are struggling you have had so much going on with no time for any self care.

Elbee1 - I don’t think there is any expectation to respond to every post. I have time in my life to do it right now, but I’m sure when I finally get a job I will only be able to post my goals too.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    JFT - Wednesday April 17 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I didn’t even get a chance to log in to post goals yesterday. The voters were lined up outside the door waiting for the polls to open. I was the Registration Officer anyone that did not have a voters care or if there was an error on their voters card I had to register. I thought my hand was going to fall off! I wrote steadily all day. After the polls closed I stacked chairs, folded tables and then helped one poll balance their numbers. They were struggling. I then helped carry the sealed ballot boxes out to the supervisors car. I started at 8 am and was pulling in my driveway at 10 pm. I ate McDonalds after I got home. Crappy day calorie/activity wise, but a good day all in all.

I got up at 630 this morning to go meet the lady about the job. I am so happy I decided to send her my resume.
    So the company specializes in helping other businesses get the best fit of group benefits and pension programs for their employees. My role would be answering employees questions, and ensuring they understand what they are signing and doing before and after they sign on the dotted line. I would be travelling to different locations and meeting one on one and teaching in group settings.
    The only drawback is I have absolutely no experience in financial management. Sarah, the lady I met, really likes me and has decided that she will send me documents, books, websites and tools to learn the terminology, what legislation I should know, etc so that when it comes time for a formal interview with her boss I will be better prepared. The formal interview won’t be until around the middle of May. The job starts around June 6 and I would be able to travel to and from work with Rodger most days as the hours are a bit flexible. She also has already agreed to let me have the week of Kaitlyn’s wedding off.
    The financial rewards are awesome. I have high hopes for this!

I will still look for other things in the meantime, but maybe not quite as hard.
    If it’s meant to be it will be!

I was feeling so happy and positive after I left there I decided to stop and kidnap Michaela to come spend the day with us. It is Wednesday so they would be here this evening anyway but I never get her alone so I took her. We are having a fun day!

Ooh @snowflake1968 that’s exciting news! I really hope this is the one!! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    It was 7 pages from the time I posted Monday night until now! What a busy couple of days. I know there was a lot more, but I did make notes for some. Love you all though!!!

Bookmeister86 - thanks for your encouragement. I have been tailoring my cover letter to each position I have applied for, but I would love to read the article. This was the woman I’m not as impressed with.

Really pleased to hear about the job, it sounds like a great opportunity!

Hopefully you won't need it, but here is the article. https://jobs.theguardian.com/article/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/

I found it quite interesting, I always thought I was tailoring my letters well but this had quite a few tips that I hadn't thought of and it made me realise I could be doing more. I'll definitely use it when I start applying again.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @aubyshortcake so pleased to hear the good news about your dogs. @bex95371, I am a cat owner and could not cope with the worry of the road, my cat has a secure garden or stays inside (he's a wimp and does not like the cold or wet anyway -a warm spot inside is much more to his liking)

@snowflake1968, fingers crossed for the job.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 17 April

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge. Much nicer weather today, I dried the bedding outside and it has a lovely smell. I was tempted to celebrate the improved weather with an evening glass of wine in the garden but was good and went for a walk instead.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,482 Member
    @elbee I too am lucky to skim over posts. There's so many whenever I log on, but I love to read them and hear what's going on.
    @snowflake You are working (literally) so hard job searching. How about network groups, like BBB meetings? toastmasters? kindof like advertising yourself? you sound such a hardworking jewel!!
    @maryrobinson Congrats on the beautiful family, it looks so big and like they're fairly close geographically? You are fortunate indeed.

Today is a reset again. But can say I went swimming this am, started planting veggies, wrote & sent another protest dispute letter, and made it here. I'm trying today. There's a TED talk about what they call Instant Gratification Monkey & procrastination, at the end it makes sense for healthy habits and changes.

https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_mind_of_a_master_procrastinator?referrer=playlist-talks_for_procrastinators#t-831478
  • Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    Today was a day for running (not actual, but errands) so no walk, but I was still under my calorie goal! Whew, I never paid attention to how much soda packs a punch when it comes to calories and staying under!!