JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    How I practiced discipline: I refrained from having the last serving of margarita...my husband quite willingly had a second so I wouldn't drink it :)
    I had a coffee with almond sweetener for dessert instead of the apricot bar or chocolate chip/pretzel mix I have been eating at night.

Small Change/Big Impact
    Day 1: Threw out white chocolate chips
    Day 2: Reverted to drinking 8 cups of water
    Day 3: Reverted to pre-logging
    Day 4: Reverted back to 1200 calories/day
    Day 5: No drinking alcohol M-Th (This is my tackle it Tuesday, Mary!)

JFT: 3/11
    Drink 8 cups of water---drank about 10! :smile:
    Pre-log :)
    Stay within 1200 calories :)
    Messy in the Middle :)
    Exercise :)
    Floss (March mini-goal/habit) :)

3/12
    Drink 8 cups water
    Pre-log :)
    Stay within 1200 calories
    Messy in the Middle
    Exercise
    Floss (March mini-goal/habit)
    Practice Discipline

Peace and joy!

s6refrqh2nu6.png

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Running late today...
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Monday
    - Get up and go to the gym :):/I did but it sucked
    - Breakfast <300 cal :)Yes, but I had cookies for breakfast.
    - Drink 1L of water before soda :)
    - Go apply for a new passport. My old one is expired. People at work think I have an interview because I fixed my hair & makeup. :(No appointments available do it Tuesday
    - Start Lab trials :)
    - Lunch <300 cal :)
    - Leave by 4:00 so I can walk/hike before picking up the kiddo from theater practice :(Had to work late
    - Pick up at 6:00 :)
    - Finish up the laundry :(Out of laundry detergent
    - Dinner with the family :(Had to go back to work in the evening. Had left overs when I got home
    - Take youngest to tennis lessons, or maybe have oldest take her. :/Hubby did it because I had just gotten home
    - To bed by 10:30!!! I mean it, 10:30! :(Nope. Couldn't wind down.

A lot of frowns yesterday, but most were due to work and that can't always be helped.

JFT Tuesday

- Up early to go to the gym :(Nope
    - Try to look nice for passport photo :neutral:I did what I could.
    - Go apply for passport appt at 8:30. :)the picture wasn't bad.
    - Clean up and collect data from yesterday. :) Done, but I hate disposing of chemicals
    - Lunch <300 calories
    - Give safety presentation
    - Leave work after safety presentation
    - Get oil change
    - Go to Walmart
    - Get/Do something just for me
    - Middle School Choir & Honors Choir concerts tonight (shoot me)
    - Late dinner with the family
    - Try this bed by 11:00 thing again. I've given up on 10:00 or 10:30

Yesterday and today I was feeling "thin". Do you ever feel "thinner" some days? Anyway, I told myself not to weigh because all it could do was ruin my mood. I mean I already felt good about my progress to a loss wouldn't change that, but a gain could take it away. But of course I didn't listen to myself and I got on the scale. Up a pound. Damn. But you know what, it didn't ruin my day. I still feel good. That's big for me. I'm also comfortably wearing one of my size small tops today. It was a bigger small, but it didn't fit well a month ago. Yay me!

@PackerFanInGB Many prayers for your health and peace of mind.

@awhit4842 I hope you get to feeling better.

@maryrobinson40 You make me smile just about everyday. Thank you!

@clicketykeys I love that you feel good about your audition. I hope all goes in your favor and you get a chance to share your gift and passion with the world.

@littleblackskirt I love how you are making an effort to uncomplicate your life by letting go of things you can't control. Bravo, because I know it can't be easy when it comes to your kiddo.

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    2MaryRobinson40:TACKLE IT TUESDAY
    CHALLENGE TAKE ONE SMALL THING YOU'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF AND JUST DO IT!!
    💪 😀👏👏👏👏
    LET'S GOOOOO!
    Love your words of encouragement!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday March 11 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile -🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break- 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday March 12 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I have to run some errands today, including getting my Costco membership renewed and getting some groceries.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    I posted this last nite ... but have to change it. Last nite I was SO hungry. I ate my orange that I had planned, and still hungry. Ate a greek yogurt, but put a bananna on it. Then a bowl of popcorn. Even though these were all healthy snacks, so mad at myself. Hubby tells me I have to get used to being a little hungry at nite... and he is probably right. So revising my goals .... and tonite, rmember to keep my glass of water next to me to keep from eating. Why can I do so well all day, only to ruin it in the evening!

JFT< MOn
    1. log all food :) Both here and the WW site -- just trying to keep track of calories also.
    2. concentrate on water - jan challenge :) I am doing so much better at this ... seems though that the more water I drink the more I am thirsty! Does this make sense?
    3. feb challenge - 1 snack in evening >:):) My orange is all planned --- then a yogurt, then a bananna, then popcorn.
    4. mar challenge - 15 minute walk outside :) Heading out now since I didn't get to the gym ... and the sun is out!!
    5. stick to meal planned :) Made a new recipe .. ground beef, tomatoes, zucchini, cottage cheese... hubby loved it!

JFT, Tues
    1. get to the gym :)
    2. jan challenge =-8+ water
    3. feb challenge - one evening snack. It is OK to be a little hungry at nite ... just go to bed, or tell myself that everything is closed, and don't even go near the kitchen. Brush/floss teeth
    4. mar challenge - if not raining, go out for a walk
    5. mindful eating .... I am finding this much easier. I think eating more protein is helping me a lot!
    6. sip on water in the evening.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Returning from several sick days. Not going to read all the posts (92) for now.

JFT 3/12 T ~ Be gentle with myself, still not feeling the best.
    1) Log on MFP / JFT
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Running late today...

JFT Monday
    - Get up and go to the gym :):/I did but it sucked
    - Breakfast <300 cal :)Yes, but I had cookies for breakfast.
    - Drink 1L of water before soda :)
    - Go apply for a new passport. My old one is expired. People at work think I have an interview because I fixed my hair & makeup. :(No appointments available do it Tuesday
    - Start Lab trials :)
    - Lunch <300 cal :)
    - Leave by 4:00 so I can walk/hike before picking up the kiddo from theater practice :(Had to work late
    - Pick up at 6:00 :)
    - Finish up the laundry :(Out of laundry detergent
    - Dinner with the family :(Had to go back to work in the evening. Had left overs when I got home
    - Take youngest to tennis lessons, or maybe have oldest take her. :/Hubby did it because I had just gotten home
    - To bed by 10:30!!! I mean it, 10:30! :(Nope. Couldn't wind down.

Yesterday and today I was feeling "thin". Do you ever feel "thinner" some days? Anyway, I told myself not to weigh because all it could do was ruin my mood. I mean I already felt good about my progress to a loss wouldn't change that, but a gain could take it away. But of course I didn't listen to myself and I got on the scale. Up a pound. Damn. But you know what, it didn't ruin my day. I still feel good. That's big for me. I'm also comfortably wearing one of my size small tops today. It was a bigger small, but it didn't fit well a month ago. Yay me!

I know exactly what you mean...and good that you thought to not step on the scales...and now you know that you were right! You will have another opportunity again, no doubt. Fantastic that you are wearing clothes that didn't fit well just a month ago. Wow! That is a big deal and is true proof that your changes are making an impact! Yea You!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Was a pretty good day. I got a call from the doctor. Some of my levels are high so I had to go for more labs today. Makes me nervous when this stuff happens. I think there will always be a part of me who is afraid of the cancer returning. 😕. Wish my head wouldn’t always go there! Ugh! I know they’re just being on the safe side though and it’s all going to be fine!

Another good day of logging and no added sugar! I ate my 1 lb of fresh veggies with freshly ground peanut butter on the celery for lunch. Never thought I’d see the day I’d eat 1 lb of veggies over a candy bar. WINNING! 😁

I’ll hop on tomorrow morning with new goals. Have a great evening! ❤️

Saying a prayer that lab work is all OK. I'm sure you are constantly on pins and needles with blood work. You are a survivor, so try not to let your head go to places of worry. And great job on another good day! You are doing great! Big NSV eating the veggies instead of a candy bar. Doesn't it feel good when we make healthy choices :)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile -🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂

Look at all those smileys!!! Go, Snowflake! Go, Snowflake! Go, Snowflake! That is very exciting.

lwqrt6qn4eo1.png
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2019
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Mmmm...I really like sandwiches...especially ones I don't have to make! (Oh boy, so now this is in my head:)
    dz6yhh0cwq79.png

Good for you to stay in control of what you eat instead of those sandwiches being in control of your mind! My weight loss program recommends talking to yourself, or clapping once, stomping your foot, waving, whatever, to get moving in another direction when unwanted thoughts (food, negative, etc) try to worm their way into your mind. Several people have remarked that it helps.

Where do you find these cute little images ... I love this one about sandwiches! I never thought to clap, or stomp my foot ... I will try that tonite when I want to eat junk stuff. Lately I've been not necessarily having negative thoughts .. rather things like this won't hurt me because I've been good all day. But those kind of calories can add up!
  • toaljasa
    Options

1) Log on MFP / JFT

Oh, my, I am so sorry to hear this---and good for you to not be a gung-ho Gussie. Take care. Thanks for stopping in :smile: and letting us hear from you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile -🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂

Look at all those smileys!!! Go, Snowflake! Go, Snowflake! Go, Snowflake! That is very exciting.

lwqrt6qn4eo1.png

Awe thank you!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Mmmm...I really like sandwiches...especially ones I don't have to make! (Oh boy, so now this is in my head:)
    dz6yhh0cwq79.png

Good for you to stay in control of what you eat instead of those sandwiches being in control of your mind! My weight loss program recommends talking to yourself, or clapping once, stomping your foot, waving, whatever, to get moving in another direction when unwanted thoughts (food, negative, etc) try to worm their way into your mind. Several people have remarked that it helps.

Where do you find these cute little images ... I love this one about sandwiches! I never thought to clap, or stomp my foot ... I will try that tonite when I want to eat junk stuff. Lately I've been not necessarily having negative thoughts .. rather things like this won't hurt me because I've been good all day. But those kind of calories can add up!

Ha! That's actually a kids' song from a cd...heard it just a "few" times, lol! So, I figured someone had posted the lyrics, and they had.

I find myself eating out of entitlement or as a reward for doing well (it is an act of sabotage!!!) Hopefully, this will come to mind the next time I want to eat due to this stinkin' thinkin':
    ggviqxrwhaol.png

Peace and joy!
  • mytime6630
    Options

1) Log on MFP / JFT

Hope you feel better soon! We've been missing you on here. Take good care of your self!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Finish and return address spreadsheet
    2. Log all food
    3. Lots of water
    4. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip
    5. Eat packed lunch
    6. Cook dinner at home - tacos
    7. Be positive and kind
    8. Shower
    9. Bed by 9:30
    10. Update this list later :)
    11. Stop at store for ONLY; salad, frozen fruit, flax milk, individually packed cookies
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning my dears!

I said yesterday that I didnt want to sleep late...and well it's 7:12 and I've been up for a half an hour. I slept terribly last night and when Matt got up for work I didnt bother trying to go back to sleep. So now it's really early in the morning which is good because I have a whole list of things I want to get done today! I'm just hoping that I can get to it all!

JFT, 2-11-19

1. Log my food :smiley:
    2. Gym/Yoga(DO SOMETHING!!) Took my parents dog for a nice long walk in the park. We were both seriously tuckered when we got back. Lol
    4. Laundry! :smiley:
    5. Put clothes away :(
    6. Visit Mom :smiley:
    7. Bank :)
    8. Post Office :smiley:
    9. Make/deliver Matt lunch :frowning:
    10. Figuer out dinner :smiley:Made breaded chicken thighs for the first time! They were really good! But next time I will not buy them with bones included. Lol
    11. DO THE EFFING DISHES!!!!! >:)HAHAHA My sponge has mysteriously vanished! Lol. I have no clue where it went! I forgot the pick some up at the store this morning too...Le sigh.
    12. One scene in AR :(Had every opportunity...just didnt feel like it...I'm a terrible writer
    13. In bed by 10/Light out by 1030 :smiley:Matt was such a man last night! Totally unobservant. We ended up laughing about the situation but I was pretty frustrated for a bit while we were going to bed. Lol

Had a really good day yesterday! I got a whole bunch done! Mostly things I hadn't planned to. Lol. I visited Mom bright and early. I actually woke her up. She was away most of last week at an artist gathering about 5 states away. I missed her. I helped her out in the morning by feeding the horse and making coffee. We had a nice long chat. I think we both really enjoyed it. It's awesome that after so many years of strife and heartbreak we have become best friends.

It was pretty hysterical when I went to the bank. I went to the branch I used to work at. I saw my friend who still works there but my former boss was there and was so awkward. I thought it was great. I guess she doesn't realize that I think of this as a good thing. She was so uncomfortable. I kinda smirked as I was leaving. Was that wrong of me?

I ended up running to the post office to pick up a shipping box, and then the library to pick up some books about Indians that I need for my story. I also took Bay, the family dog, for a two mile walk since it was absolutely gorgeous out. I almost took a nap when I got home but ended up sitting on the couch playing on my phone. Lol.

Okay, enough chatter. It's already after 1 so I guess I will just have to do some simple goals.

JFT, 2-12-19

1. Log dinner the best that I can
    2. Have fun with D
    3. Find a sponge and do the dishes! Come on girl!
    4. Fold and put away the clothes
    5. Lights out by 12
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    JFT: I will not binge when I arrive home. I will log all food intake and complete daily log. :)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa Thank you!! I'm trying really hard to not let it affect me or my goals. It's hard but I'm proud I've been doing decent at least. And I agree.. No more overtime.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time working full time, and finding the energy to take care of myself. Last week I traveled three days for work and got completely off track. This week I am travelling every day. I was sick all weekend with a migraine, so clearly my hydration is off. So I guess my word for the week is perseverance.

Cry me a river.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Ive decided that im gonna give MFP a break.
    Not in posting here but the actual goals and stuff, ive just got so much on.

The actual goals are kind of, you know, the point of posting here.

Seriously, after the stunt you pulled in 2018? Youre pathetic, get over yourself.

*you're

I see that you still find the words "today" and "goals" confusing.

Are you seriously that bored with your life?

If all you can come up with is a grammar mistake then you need to find something more interesting to do with you life.