JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Today I was supposed to get up and go to church. I felt such dread and anxiety I couldn’t even get out of bed. The family got home around 1:30 after running some errands. I was still in bed and hadn’t taken my meds. Hubby was worried and angry. I took my meds but went back to bed. The world gets to heavy some days. I’m up now and doing laundry. Hubby made a late breakfast. I guess my only real goal for today is to “do better” and be “present”. Those should be easy things, but sometimes they just aren’t.

Hugs. I hope you are feeling better today. You are so right ... your only goal should be to take good care of yourself so you feel better. <3
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Perhaps it’s time to find a new measuring stick. Maybe look at inches lost rather than pounds until you can get a new scale. The tape measured doesn’t lie. While you are going to WW, you can still get a weight you are confident in even if it is only once a week. You just have to trust the work you are putting in is enough throughout the week.

After WW, switch to measurements. You can track those on MFP as well. I just hate seeing you so frustrated and unsure about this. You are amazing and a great source of kindness & inspiration.

Not insensitive at all... I think what I did, was drink so much water before I went to bed, and thinking back, I also had about 2 cups of popcorn. So it was probably no doubt that maybe the salt in the popcorn made me hold onto all the water I drank the nite before? Because sunday morning, even after going out to a mexican place for dinner, I was back down 3#! Go figure. But I also have to learn to not let the scale numbers predict how I am doing . Good idea on taking my measurements!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Sun
    1. go to the gym :) And lasted 2.5 hrs with hubby!!! He was going to stay 3, but I convinced him to leave after 2.5... I was tired!
    2. log all food :) Right now, only doing this on WW because of time.
    3. concentrate on water = 8+ glasses :)
    4. feb challenge - only one evening snack... if any. :) I have a large orange planned for tonite.
    5. mar challenge ... if not raining, go out for a walk. :) Went for a 1 mile walk ... now I am tired!
    6. take daughters stuff to the tax people. .. hoping she will not owe a lot :) She owed $1190, but I guess it could have been worse.
    7. do no give up. Keep trying ... one habit at a time, one day at a time. The scale is not a predictor ... stay off of it. :/:) I couldn't resist getting on the scale ... and it shows I am down, even after the mexican dinner last nite. So a good booster for me.

JFT< MOn
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water - jan challenge
    3. feb challenge - 1 snack in evening
    4. mar challenge - 15 minute walk outside
    5. stick to meal planned

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish and submit essay.
    3. Review plans for next 2 weeks. (HA HA HA)
    4. 3.5-mile (15 lap) run at the park. Send husband with recycling.
    5. Finish and submit lesson plans.
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Prep beef stew. Pack lunch for Monday.
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. PUT GROCERY BAGS IN BACK. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: TAKE COMPUTER TO LIBRARY AND UPDATE WORD. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: TIB example analysis; type. HW: Simplicity / verb phrases. Inform about Socratic seminar.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion post. Call parents about progress reports. B - Grade late work at lunch duty. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans.
    5. Class 4: Fix laws of life essays. Chromebooks if needed for research. Check on Works Cited. Homework: Proof / verb phrases.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. If it stays nice, I will probably go for a run instead. Quiz. Recycling? Used bookstore?
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 188.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Ahahaha BOY OH BOY has today been a doozy. Had trouble with my coursework because I have everything saved in MS Word and thanks to an operating system update, my version of Word will no longer open because it isn't compatible. So I have to take the laptop in tomorrow to get the program updated, BUT my coursework is due TONIGHT, so I had to type it up in TextEdit (the Mac version of Notepad) and then email it to my husband who has LibreOffice on HIS laptop, and then redo the formatting, and save it AS a Word document...

Whatever. It's turned in. I'm so done with that.

Also we went to see Captain Marvel and my husband baked bread and made fresh ricotta and I'm not logging any of it. OH WELL. I'll count it as a win if I can manage not to eat half the loaf! ;D
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think I've come to the conclusion that I do better logging at night. I tried to do this in the mornings, but honestly I am usually running late :) and end up forgetting. So I am back to my nightly logs! I am also re-starting my Mayo Clinic Diet 2 week fast break plan. It has been really consistent for getting me back on track, and I want to lose this last 20 pounds. It looks like I gained back 5-8 pounds (depending on the day!) over the last few months. I'm not letting it get me down, I've still made some great changes over the last year and my end goal is lifestyle changes not a number on a scale.

JFT (3/10)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes ✅-it has been a while since I've been on my indoor bike, kicked my butt (in a good way!)
    go to bed between 9-10 (I'll have to check in tomorrow)
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/10)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    go to bed between 9-10 (night before)
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Where has this weekend gone? Lol. It's Matt's birthday today. 36 years young! Lol. We did a lot yesterday. At least a lot of shopping. Lol. But the house is looking nice. And today was another fail at putting the desk up so Dad said that he would come down sometime this weekend to put it up for us. Lol. Matt and I are just not all that handy. Lol.

I dont think I hit more than like 4 of my goals for yesterday. And I didn't make any today at all. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day while Matt is at work. I have a whole bunch of things I have to do. I can't sleep until 11 like I have been the last week or two. I need to get back into a normal sleep pattern again. It's only 7:45 and I'm already exhausted but I can't go to sleep yet!

Anyway, sorry for the totally random update. Lol.

See everyone in the morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT🎈

LOVE YOU Sis💖
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT

UP AT 4:30
    TAKE PHILLIP TO WORK
    BACK BY 5:30
    READ/PRAY
    6:30 EXERCISE
    WAKE GIRLS AT 6:45
    SHOWER AT 7:00
    GET DRESSED 7:30
    OUT THE DOOR WALK GIRLS TO BUS STOP BY 7:55
    BACK HOME BY 8:30
    TAKE DAUGHTER TO WORK 8:45
    DRIVE ON TO CONVENIENCE STORE TO ARRIVE BY9:15
    EYE EXAM 11:00
    BACK HOME.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So our daughter (28) has been here since Wednesday to ski with her dad and to "eat Mom's cookin.'" She and I went thrift shopping the afternoon she arrived, as well as went to the secondhand sports store to buy her some ski boots.
    Tonight is her last night before heading back home. We've had a great time. While she was here I made a batch of oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip cookies (frozen, split in two for both her and her brother back in TX), a chicken broccoli rice casserole, again split in two and frozen. Made two different varieties of pizza with home made crust, including a request for my pesto, goat cheese, arugula pizza with caramelized onions. The first night she was there we had white chili and homemade guacamole. I made delicious wraps each day for them to take to the slopes. Omellettes and Liege waffles for breakfast with a brown sugar/cinnamon syrup. Fruit smoothies.

Today I came home from church and started in the kitchen. I didn't even get out of my church clothes!!! I made mango salsa and guacamole to go with our southwest chicken dinner. Then I started on a cottage pie for supper tomorrow and made extra mashed potatoes for her to take home. Afterwards I made a batch of apricot walnut coconut squares for dessert and for her to take some to my bestie who just had surgery this week. Now in the mix of all that going on today I was helping our college age son with revisions for his essay---five revisions. He revises, emails the paper, and I mark. He revises, emails the paper, and I mark! REPEAT!

So, we are all in the kitchen; I'm getting things gathered on the bar for our Mexican feast and I ask my husband to mix up a pitcher of margs. My daughter is chatting with a friend on the phone and she spins around and says, "Oh, look! My dad is making some margaritas! Isn't that great!!!
    ulgbwpeh3t3a.png

I started laughing and pointed out that I had been in the kitchen all day and he comes waltzing in to open a can of limemade and throw a few ingredients in a pitcher and stir and he gets the accolades!!! We were all laughing---she said, "Well I tell my friends you are the Queen of Copy Cat entrees!" Hmmmm...well, I guess I'll take it :)

Peace and joy!
    I logged everything until today and I just went to pot, lol! Had myself two of those oh so wonderful margs !!!!!!

I am starting fresh tomorrow!

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I’m celebrating having got through a whole weekend without any slip-ups! Mindful of my WOTY balance, I did allow myself slightly more cals yesterday but I logged everything and stayed within goal. This week will be hectic as it’s older daughter’s birthday party at the weekend (joint with her friend so three weeks after her actual birthday). I need to find time to do the cake and other prep as well as work. I cancelled a few fitness classses the last couple of weeks while the girls were sick so hoping I can fit it all in without that slipping again.

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Pick P up from sleepover at 10:30 ✅
    - Put away laundry ✅
    - Girls finish homework and pack bags for Monday (L swimming kit) ✅
    - Buy gift for godson ✅
    - Order cake decorations ✅
    - Buy sweets for cake topping (pound shop?) ✅
    - Bed by 9, lights off 9:30 ✅

Monday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Trial taking and freezing protein shake at work
    - Buy milk and squash on way to work
    - Water!
    - Check invoice has been paid for workshop
    - IW coming in at 12:15. Take DC down to office to meet her.
    - Eyebrows/tan after work if I can leave on time
    - Girls hair wash
    - Bed by 9.

Have a great start to the week everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75
    Mar 4th: 164.75
    Mar 11th: 167.75

Slipped up quite a few times in the latter half of the week and as such am back at my starting weight for the year. Doh!

It started when I went out for drinks and dinner with colleagues on Thursday and went a bit (ok, a lot) overboard. This was followed by a weekend of eating too much and you can see the results!

Not going to complain or obsess too much, just crack on and get it off again. This week is my half marathon so I don't want to be bloated and overly heavy! This week is going to be about making healthy choices in order to get me in the best possible shape for Sunday.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Catch up on emails
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Finish work by 7pm latest
    - Holiday planning or 7 habits
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: Clean slate

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: I can't point to anything, to be honest, but today will be better
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    wddfp6urbipk.jpg
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 11 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meditate
    3. Workout at home
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
    5. Drink 150oz water
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The weekend went by way too fast 😭 but oh well, it was a good one. Back to the grind..

Yesterday 3/10:

1. Stay within calorie goal😑 I kind of changed my calorie goal to within 1500 half way through the day, I did stick to that one tho
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps😁
    3. Clean off bathroom counter😁
    4. Put away clean clothes😞
    5. Wash a load of laundry😑 my husband did it which is awesome but I cannot take credit lol
    6. Remember to take some relaxation and chill time😁

JFT 3/11:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Put away clean clothes
    5. Buy groceries
    6. Cook dinner
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning my dears!

I said yesterday that I didnt want to sleep late...and well it's 7:12 and I've been up for a half an hour. I slept terribly last night and when Matt got up for work I didnt bother trying to go back to sleep. So now it's really early in the morning which is good because I have a whole list of things I want to get done today! I'm just hoping that I can get to it all!

JFT, 2-11-19

1. Log my food
    2. Gym/Yoga(DO SOMETHING!!)
    3. Laundry!
    4. Put clothes away
    5. Visit Mom
    6. Bank
    7. Post Office
    8. Make/deliver Matt lunch
    9. Figuer out dinner
    10. DO THE EFFING DISHES!!!!!
    11. One scene in AR
    12. In bed by 10/Light out by 1030

There was just a very unhappy duck out my back door :(
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT

UP AT 4:30. 😁
    TAKE PHILLIP TO WORK 😁
    BACK BY 5:30 😁
    READ/PRAY 😁
    6:30 EXERCISE
    WAKE GIRLS AT 6:45😁
    SHOWER AT 7:00😁
    GET DRESSED 7:30😁
    OUT THE DOOR WALK GIRLS TO BUS STOP BY 7:55😁
    BACK HOME BY 8:30
    TAKE DAUGHTER TO WORK 8:45
    DRIVE ON TO CONVENIENCE STORE TO ARRIVE BY9:15
    EYE EXAM 11:00
    BACK HOME.

The Morning is going well.will finish update tonight.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone.
    I'm not even going to go back and look at my list for the weekend, as I know I achieved very little on it. Lots of good dog sitting though :)

JFT 11th March

Eat sensibly
    Do some back exercises
    Housework
    March challenge - walk
    Empty my stuff out of son's wardrobe
    Keep calm when son visits, I need to stop telling him what I think and let him get on with it.
    HIS choices should not affect MY eating!

I often used to use the idea of "will this matter in a year from now. If not, don't stress about it". I need to try that again. Most things are not permanent.

Of course, turning that round...what will matter a year from now? .....How much better will we feel in a year if we keep up the weight loss.... :)

• asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    KInd of a lazy Sunday here. I often have to play the organ at a church on Sunday mornings with its accompanying practice, choir rehearsal, early rising, etc. Nice to have a change of pace, so I made a large breakfast of ham, egg, cranberry sauce, and toast, then read the newspaper, and now i"m planning to get out for a walk; it will stay light longer now that we are in DST!--
    Weight: 162.4
    Exercise 20" minute walk-- :)
    Water: 4 glasses-- :)
    Calories: 1600 or less-- :)
    Organ practice--15"
    Daily meditation-- :(
    Tidy bedroom and kitchen :/
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday:
    Journal every bite :)
    Stay green :)
    <29 g added sugar :)
    <75 g carbs :)
    Protein in every snack and meal :)
    64 oz of water :(

Read some scripture today :(
    Listen to Joyce podcast :)
    Calm app :)
    Be kind. Look for the positives. Keep things in perspective. Can always be worse. :)

Prep veggies for the week. :)
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    Sew something. Anything. Make a potholder. :)Made 3 of them! First one turned out horrible, second a bit better and third turned out best. Practice, practice, practice...
    Enjoy what is left of the day. Run to PetSmart for dog food and toys. :)
    Evening routine to include 1 self-care thing. :)Gratitude journal, Simple Abundance Reading, Joyce Reading and another inspirational reading. Calm app to meditate.

Here goes for Monday:
    Journal every bite
    Stay green
    <29 g added sugar
    <75 g carbs
    Protein in every snack and meal
    64 oz of water
    Activity of some kind

Read some scripture today
    Listen to Joyce podcast
    Calm app
    Be kind. Look for the positives. Keep things in perspective. Can always be worse.

Prep veggies for the week.
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    Sew something. Anything. Make a potholder.
    Enjoy what is left of the day. Run to PetSmart for dog food and toys.
    Evening routine to include 1 self-care thing.

Have a great day everyone! Today, I'm praying for patience, the ability to hold my tongue and more patience. :naughty: