Options
    kahl542e5s44.jpg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :) 7:30 woohoo
    - Weigh in :) I was not looking forward to this as the first half of the week was rubbish. Its a work challenge and if you gain weight you pay money. I lost 0.2lbs. Which really means I didn't change. All in all a good outcome.
    - Stay under 1500 cal today :( Blew that one out of the water, but only went about 150 over maintenance. Could have been worse.
    - Breakfast under 300 cal. :)
    - Consolidate NH2 & IV data :) I did, but it wasn't pretty. Need to verify parts
    - Work on global uniformity project :) This is going well just waiting for infor from China, Brazil and Delaware.
    - lunch under 300 cal :):( Lunch was under 300 calories until I added a candy bar.
    - Leave work by 5:30 :) I think it was just a little before.
    - Pick up kiddo from theater practice and take her shopping for her costume. She is a "Not so helpful" fairy in a version of Pinocchio. :):( Picked her up but feeling funny so no shopping.
    - Laundry... Again... Always... :( No just not feeling it
    - Go to sleep in my bed by 10:00 so I can actually go to the gym in the morning. :):( Yes and no. I figured out why I felt off and really really tired. I forgot to take my morning meds which wipes me out. I fell asleep around 7:00pm and didn't wake up until 6:00am when hubby was leaving. I messaged boss that I would be late and went back to sleep until 8:30. In other words I made it to bed by 10:00, but I didn't make it to the gym this morning.

Have a happy day y'all. Make yourselves proud.

JFT Friday

- Take morning meds so there is no repeat of yesterday. :)
    - Early morning gym and work by 8:00 were both a bust :(
    - Drink 1L of H2O before lunch
    - Breakfast <300cal
    - Drink no more than 2 diet sodas today
    - Work on lab stuff and update methods to meet ASTM & ISO standards
    - Lunch <300cal
    - Leave work by 4:00. In late leave early, right?
    - Really need to do laundry. It piles up fast with 4 people in day clothes, gym/practice clothes and night clothes...
    - Total daily calories under 1500. Mid way between maintenance and 1#/week is my safe weekend place.
    - Do NOT lay down on the couch at 7:00 or 8:00 and emulate a slug. Be present.
    - Bed by 11:00 giving me a little more time with hubby and fam.

Feeling much better physically and mentally today. I think a lot of that has to do with taking my meds. As much as I hate admitting that I need them, history shows that I do.

I appreciate having a place to share. Thank you all.

@PackerFanInGB Take care of you. I'm sorey to hear you are experiencing some signs of heart failure again and I pray they are not anything major. Great news on the weight loss. I swear my doctor's scale adds 4 pounds. Really frustrating!

@mytime6630 Great job with the cookies and a very sweet gesture. I faced a similar situation last weekend, I had to send 3 dozen baked goods with my daughter Sunday. Saturday I baked, and I ate a little batter and a cookie or two. They were a little dry so I made more and tasted those as well. Then I made icing to make sandwiches out of them. I did not eat one of those, but I did try the icing. That was some serious calories as part of the binge from last weekend. I am very envious of your discipline. I ended up with 36 cookie sandwiches and about 50 extra (dry) chocolate chip cookies. I sent the sandwiches to the event, but the the girls wanted more sandwiches to take with them to school and hubby wanted to take some to work. They said the dry cookies were fine, but I made more icing. I'm just glad they all went away...

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday March 7 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Maintenance - 😂
    Walk 1 Mile - 😂
    Plank Challenge - 😂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 😒
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😂 I should be but I had a great evening with my cousin so I’m not.

JFT - Friday March 8 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday Consistent
    STUDY
    Clear desk at home
    laundry
    fluids
    Bed by 8
    Walk tater
    Go thru garage pile to pass on
    work bag go thru
    purse go thru
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/7 R ~ Kept hitting snooze and no treadmill before work. :'( This is my 2nd rest day this week so no more!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,100 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 (lunch meeting) & 28 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / staff meeting over lunch at restaurant that specializes in barbecue (not my fav) ~ have previewed menu online & prelogged decent choices ~ stick w/ plan! / net calories zero / 14c water = Stuck w/ my lunch plan! But v frustrating day at work & w/ another tech issue for prof. assoc. & help desk contacts... so in evening after choir, overtired, frustrated & alone w/ hubby at work, I started to eat pistachios. Not a bad snack, unless you keep eating WAY more than 1 portion. Ack... logged and moving on. Net calories -580 :s , sodium -302, sugar -9, net fiber exactly zero :D , protein excellent, 13c water
    3) Finish summaries = Nope but progress continues... other issues in a.m. then staff lunch meeting & unexpectedly on afternoon road trip to deliver Hotline flyers to my assigned locations (and forgot to take water bottle along) :|
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 :smiley: / declutter 15 min. :smiley: including dumping some stuff from fridge & pantry ~ huge win for me! I hate waste, was NOT raised that way. :D / other? caught up some on digital media :D
    5) Unplug 9:00 :/ MFP later / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :# yet again tv off later (only 25 min. but adds up) (treadmill before work F)

JFT 3/8 TGIF !!!!
    1) Treadmill before work 3 mi 51:04 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged (including surprise scone from co-worker, but it fits net calories with a little adjustment) / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Work: summaries / all. the. weekly. updates. / keep calm and soldier on... no one else seems bothered that projects take forever to bring to conclusion around here
    5) To-do's: email P re B&B tomorrow / update giving s/s for tax preparer / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / gas in car (how did it get so low all of a sudden???) / laundry / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / NO alarm (yay), bed & tv off 11:00
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So, today in my Messy In The Middle lesson I read about the importance of consistency. That when we were losing weight, and moving forward we were probably in a consistent routine. A consistent morning routine helps to set the tone for the rest of our day.

"Routine is essential if we're to develop strong habits. It's our daily routines that define so much of what we do and who we are.

This rhythm and flow of consistency give us a sense of peace and order. "

So, what is your routine...or was your routine when you were having success at losing weight? Your morning routine? Evening routine?
    7i00yc0zvvrk.png

• toaljasa
    edited March 2019
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    Yesterday I showed discipline by eating 1.5 cookies worth of dough and 1 cookie. I left out five for daughter and froze the rest for her to take back to TX for her and her brother.

Small change/Big impact:

Day 1: Threw out white chips
    Day 2: Reverted back to 8 cups of water instead of 6
    Day 3: Reverting back to pre-logging meals

JFT:
    Exercise
    Messy in the Middle lesson
    8 cups of water (did this successfully yesterday, yea me)
    Avoid bread/sugar carbs today to make room for my homemade pizza requested by daughter Ally: arugula, carmeled onions, goat cheese, pesto sauce :smiley:
    Floss (March mini-goal)

load of laundry
    vacuum
    finish letter to aunt
    Order groceries
    Work on next quilt project

Peace and joy!!!

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    WOY: Discipline
    Yesterday I showed discipline by eating 1.5 cookies worth of dough and 1 cookie. I left out five for daughter and froze the rest for her to take back to TX for her and her brother.

Small change/Big impact:

Day 1: Threw out white chips
    Day 2: Reverted back to 8 cups of water instead of 6
    Day 3: Reverting back to pre-logging meals

JFT:
    Exercise
    Messy in the Middle lesson
    8 cups of water (did this successfully yesterday, yea me)
    Avoid bread/sugar carbs today to make room for my homemade pizza requested by daughter Ally: arugula, carmeled onions, goat cheese, pesto sauce :smiley:
    Floss (March mini-goal)

load of laundry
    vacuum
    finish letter to aunt
    Order groceries
    Work on next quilt project

Peace and joy!!!

Sooo glad you're here. God bless ya! Weeeeeeeeee
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    JFT Friday Consistent
    STUDY
    Clear desk at home
    laundry
    fluids
    Bed by 8
    Walk tater
    Go thru garage pile to pass on
    work bag go thru
    purse go thru

Sisterly Love coming at ya... (((HUGS)))👏 🙌 🌹🌹🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT - Thursday March 7 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Maintenance - 😂
    Walk 1 Mile - 😂
    Plank Challenge - 😂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 😒
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😂 I should be but I had a great evening with my cousin so I’m not.

JFT - Friday March 8 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.
    Sisterly Love coming at ya!!! 💝💝💝🌹🌹🌹 👏
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    Toaljasa - thanks for the reminder about the definitions of our words. It really helps me. I also like you you put your word to use, I may start then on Sunday when I’m back home.

Bex and littleblackskirt- if we’re weighing child wise, I have to lose one Michaela. She stepped on our scale and she weighs 34lbs which is exactly what would put me at my goal.

Zizzybumble - I post the same goals daily too. It has helped me form some habits.

PackerfaninGB- hope everything is ok with your heart and your meetings go well. Woohoo for 5lb loss!

Mytime6630 - that was a great NSV!!!

Cschmitz110515 - I can’t eat just one portion of nuts.

Maryrobinson40- that’s a great way to get a few extra steps.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 8 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:) 4
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :/
    March challenge :) Quick mile before breakfast, it's a lovely morning and the sun was coming up behind this blossom

esdjtmhkztv6.jpeg

• toaljasa
    Options

Beautiful picture...it is bringing the promise of spring!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    It's gonna be a bit hit and miss for me getting on here, we get the keys at 2pm on the 15th!
    So packing has begun... Starting with TOYS. I can't tell you how freaking happy I am to see them in a box and not the floor LOL!
    Literally every toy down to the tiny pieces of Lego apart from a teddy each!
    All the bathroom is packed, under the stairs cupboard and shoes, most of the ornaments and larger fragile kitchen ware like glass jugs etc.
    I'm tired though, my back is just like "whatttt are you doing!"

Love you all!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Sorry I've been away for a few days. Not really any excuse. Just didn't pop on. Had a busy day yesterday. And truth be told a really busy one today too. Matt and I ran around for a little early this afternoon and then spent like 2.5 hours building a hanging desk and attempting to fasten it to the wall...that was a fail. We have to go to Home Depot tomorrow and pick up a few things and then try again. Lol. Send a prayer up that we dont kill each other. We almost did today. There are times that I just should not help him with projects. I think that this may be one of them. Hopefully after this is all said and done tomorrow we will still be married. XD

I think I will post my goals for tomorrow right now so that I dont forget tomorrow.

JFT, 2-9-19

1. Log all food
    2. Write these goals on white board
    3. Drink 4 cups of water
    4. Home Depot for supplies
    5. Don't kill Matt
    6. DISHES!!!!
    7. BANK!!!
    8. Laundry!!!
    9. Put clothes away
    10. Clean up bedroom
    11. Make sensible choices at Outback for dinner
    12. Bed by 10:30(I need to get back going to bed and getting up earlier.)
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!... This week has been jumping and I
    Am Loving the movement/progress/positivity/and power flowing across
    this thread. I have a slight spring in my step, giggle in my chest, and
    overflowing love in my heart. WOW😅!

JFT (THIS WEEKEND)
    EXERCISE!
    READ!
    GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING!
    EAT RESPONSIBLY
    DRINK WATER ON PURPOSE
    HAVE FUN!
    CHURCH SUNDAY

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND SISTERS😀🌹💖
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday Consistent
    STUDY :D
    Clear desk at home1/2
    laundry :D
    fluids :D
    Bed by 8 not far off
    Walk tater :s
    Go thru garage pile to pass on 1/2
    work bag go thru 1/2
    purse go thru :s

SAT JFT
    FINISH above
    Walk tater
    Chauffeur mom
    Vacuum
    STUDY
    clear off dresser and red cart
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, happy weekend! Had a good end to the week yesterday. No ‘F-it Friday’ and determined not to have a ‘sod-it Saturday or Sunday’ this weekend too! Staying on track with the sugar ban for Lent. With that said, I have been up for ages now and procrastinating about exercising because I don’t have the time deadline of work. But equally would have preferred to have it done and dusted before the girls get up. Ah well - I’m sure they can entertain themselves for a little while! Going to post this and then get on with it - you can hold me to this!

Friday goals recap:
    - rest morning ✅
    - Run to work ✅
    - Run home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Water ✅
    - Morning and afternoon snack only ❎ lunch wasn’t big enough so an extra one sneaked in
    - Prep assessment papers for next week ✅
    - Pack homework folders ✅
    - Do GaG before leaving ✅
    - Hot yoga after work✅
    - Pick up kids after hot yoga✅
    - Bed by 9:30 ✅

Saturday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Kids hair wash
    - P pack for party and sleepover
    - Wrap gift and P write card
    - Homework (at cafe?)