JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Late posting but I’ve had a better start to the day. No one woke up sick last night - yay! And two kids in school as normal today - double yay! I thought last night I might be coming down with the bug as I was so shattered I was fighting sleep at 7pm! But this morning woke up better and made the most of having some childcare help to go out for a run. Managed my longest ever run - 54 minutes and over 9k - while maintaining the same pace so I’m delighted. Only annoying thing is my fitness watch died 10 minutes before I finished so I didn’t get any of the new record logged on it! Have manually logged it on here and next week I am going to aim to do the full hour. If I can hold the same pace that’s 10k. Not bad for a route that’s fairly hilly!

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to work for planning time handover ✅and school staff choir❎ - print topic work on arrival!✅
    - Planning time - check workshop guys received payment. ❎argh forgot to do this!
    - Water✅
    - morning and afternoon snack only✅
    - No added sugar✅
    - Cancel piano teacher if girls still sick✅
    - Homework with kids✅
    - Bed by 9 ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning run ✅
    - World book day - remember costume (I am at work dressed as a red crayon from The Day the Crayons Quit) ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car?
    - Grocery shopping after work
    - Homework
    - Laundry
    - Early night
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Workout at home👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. One healthy after dinner snack👍

JFT Thursday
    I’m terribly sick with a cold I got from my daughter, but I’m still going to try to stay on track
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. Barre class
    5. One healthy after dinner snack
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm up the car if needed.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board.
    3. Class 1-2: Review project. Work time. Homework: Grades and Learning / thesis statement
    4. Planning: A - Review essay directions. B - Lunch duty? Grade 4th work. C - Enter grades. D - PARENT CALLS.
    5. Class 4: NoRedInk practice. Make changes to example essay draft. Mark changes on essay printout. Make changes on digital copy.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. QUIZ. Fold laundry. Dishes. Update grocery list. Blog post.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post. Read 6 pages Capital and 10 Ivanhoe. Lang8 post?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 188.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

It's been hard getting back into the rhythm of work. And - ZUT! - my morning routine is so involved that I forgot about my tea and oversteeped it. UGH.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm not sure what my deal is this week but my morning time management sucks! I'll have to read back later. Hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 3/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Ask boss about taking 2 days off at the end of the month, if he's in a good mood.. Try again..😁
    4. Leave work by 5:15😁
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 3/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Workout after work
    5. Clean off bathroom counter!!!!!!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in - 7 day average. My scale is fluctuating so much right now, I am weighing three times each day and taking the highest number. Today it dropped to 176.4, but had shown 176 and 176.2 too. Don't know if these numbers will stick around, but I am hoping.

u34p22dhkip9.png

Why do you weigh so often? Generally speaking, you will find your most consistent weight in the morning before you eat or drink anything. As the day goes on you typically show higher weights because of your intake. Because we don't take in the same amount everyday, the afternoon and evening weights vary more.

For me I get too caught up in numbers if I weigh daily. I chose once a week in the morning before I eat or drink, but different thinks work for different folks. I'm just curious as to how your works.
  • pridesabtch
    edited March 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Wednesday
    -Up early to go to the gym :( Just couldn't get out of bed. Sure I was tired, but I should have gone.
    - Work by 8:00 :) Just barely. I was going to be here at 7:45, but forgot my meds and had to go back for them.
    - Breakfast under 300 cal :) I had a cutie, and will probably have a protein bar in a bit.
    - Plan out and Start HTN project/ cross checks for IV & NH2 :) It got started but I'm a tad afraid to see the results
    - 1L water before lunch and before I can have a soda. :)
    - Only 2 sodas today :)
    - Leave work by 5:30 :)
    - Buy a journal and try to get the crazy out of my head and on to paper so I can see it and deal with it. :( Still haven't made it to the store.
    - Get my head out of my *kitten* and get my life under control, at least a little :| Getting there
    - Be at church by 6:30. Play Just Dance with the teens. Laugh at hubby trying to dance. :) I only took one turn, my anxiety was a bit high for all of the stimulus.
    - Figure out dinner, usually Chick Fil A on Wed. Could be worse. :) 10 nuggets only 338cals
    - Get laundry from last night out of the dryer and laundry in the washer into the dryer and do another load. :)
    - No alcohol :) Hubby asked if I wanted a beer, but I was just not interested.
    - Allow one low cal snack, hubby made Jello. I really like Jello and it is calorie friendly. :( I had 2 oreos at church and stole 2 McDonalds fries from my daughter. Not horrible and I stopped at 2.
    - Bed by 10:00 :) Pretty close. I fell asleep on the couch.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :) 7:30 woohoo
    - Weigh in :) I was not looking forward to this as the first half of the week was rubbish. Its a work challenge and if you gain weight you pay money. I lost 0.2lbs. Which really means I didn't change. All in all a good outcome.
    - Stay under 1500 cal today
    - Breakfast under 300 cal. :)
    - Consolidate NH2 & IV data
    - Work on global uniformity project
    - lunch under 300 cal
    - Leave work by 5:30
    - Pick up kiddo from theater practice and take her shopping for her costume. She is a "Not so helpful" fairy in a version of Pinocchio.
    - Laundry... Again... Always...
    - Go to sleep in my bed by 10:00 so I can actually go to the gym in the morning.

Have a happy day y'all. Make yourselves proud.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Technology is not my friend this week! I thought I had posted the last two days but I can’t find either! And I have had a really hard time a actually putting myself to bed on time. Always been a battle for me-anyone else? Today’s mantra is reset. All I can do is move forward and try again today!

JFT 3/7:
    80 oz. water
    House chore
    Tidy/do dishes
    5 minutes on a project or goal
    Journal
    Bed at 9:30

Yesterday 3/6:
    80 oz. water ✅
    House chore ✅
    Tidy/do dishes-too much due to cooking a lot
    5 minutes on a project or goal ✅
    Journal :(
    Bed at 9:30 :(
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Weds
    1. 2 waters before leaving work - another 3 at home >:)
    2. Cook dinner at home :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Move laundry >:) But I did run a load of dishes!
    5. Be kind :)
    6. Bed by 9:30 :)

Quick updates so i dont forget...
    JFT Thurs AM
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish Oil >:)
    3. Up by 7 :)
    4. Pay electric bill at walgreens >:)
    5. Ask A about hiring paperwork :)
    6. Write K thank you card >:)
    7. Throw away content of box in car :)

JFT Thurs
    1. WATER - START NOW!
    2. 15 Squats/bathroom trip
    3. Log all food
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home - pizza and salad
    6. Stop at Walgreens Gardner to pay electric and pick up thank you card on way home
    7. Stop at Pool store to fill out hiring paperwork on way home
    8. Clean up laundry in bedroom
    9. Pick out outfit for dinner date tomorrow - wash anything needed
    10. Find white shirt for make up trial
    11. Bed by 9:30
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    I weigh on Thursdays, and after I weigh my mind just shuts down and tells me I can have whatever I want now. Logically I know it’s not true and that eating crap is self defeating and starts a downward path. Yet this is where I am again today. Discipline... Dedication... I need more of these things today.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - I talk back to my thoughts all the time. I call it arguing with myself. LOL

@Bex953172 - she had so much fun!

@Faebert - I love the book “the day the crayons quit” I bought that and the sequel for my Grandson. Happy to read everyone is feeling better and congrats on the run!

@nlmackey98 - I only weigh in the morning before eating and drinking. I weigh daily and average it over 7 days, 10 days and monthly. I track it all in an excel sheet. I used to only weigh weekly but I got very discouraged if there was any increase. I started doing daily to see if there was a pattern and found there was. It has actually helped me a lot doing it this way. My only problem right now is I don’t 100% trust my scale so I step off and on 3 times each morning and take the highest weight.

@jeschepp - I used to struggle so hard forcing myself to bed. I was like a toddler scared of missing out. I started reading at night in bed absolutely no electronics, and I wouldn’t read the book anywhere else. Wanting to find out what was happening in my book got me in bed earlier.

@AJB1014 - the make up trial sounds like fun. It’s coming soon!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday March 6 Determined
    2L of water - 😩 I started late in the day. Only 1.5
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Thursday March 7 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I am leaving in a couple hours to go to my cousins for a couple of days. I will check in.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/6 Ash Wednesday
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work = Feel like I'm getting stronger. Sets not as hard & I've increased reps. (Next will be increase weights.) My balance is improving & I can see muscle definition starting in my upper arms. Wowie!!! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,034 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (church) & 31 floors :smile:
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper unknown ~ soup supper at church before service & plan is 1 piece bread (I love my carbs) & 1 small dessert (if it's worth it) with soup(s) / net calories zero / 14c water = Did great at soup supper but snacked at home before and after. Still, net calories, sodium & sugar all green (with guesstimates for soup & dessert), fiber ok, protein good & 15c water :smile:
    4) Evening: really, MAIL THE STUFF :smiley: / church 6:00 for supper & service 7:00 :smiley: / put clean dishes away :smiley: / some decluttering? nope / other? maybe prep clothes for Th snowshoe hike in case lunch meeting gets cancelled (it's happened before) nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: 9:09 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 ack ~ another night lights out at 11 :s:s (treadmill before work Th)

JFT 3/7 R ~ Kept hitting snooze and no treadmill before work. :'( This is my 2nd rest day this week so no more!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / staff meeting over lunch at restaurant that specializes in barbecue (not my fav) ~ have previewed menu online & prelogged decent choices ~ stick w/ plan! / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Finish summaries
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 / declutter 15 min. / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work F)
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    @Faebert , glad your children are feeling better. It's a huge pressure working and arranging child care.

@Snowflake1968 , love the little one's style...pile it all on at once :) And fancy you being married to her Grampie lol.

It's already evening here, and I completely forgot to log on this morning. Rushed off into town first thing for an eye test. New glasses now on order, going for a change, they're purple.

Then went to son W's house as baby had been up most of the night and his Mum was tired. I watched him all afternoon while she caught up with things and then nipped out for a little while.
    The baby's weight makes me think...he's about 9lbs, and if I hold him for a while he starts feeling quite heavy. And yet I have several "9lbs" to lose :)

So today I'm eating "normally", ie. not over maintenace.
    Walking has been covered by walking to opticians.

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh in - 7 day average. My scale is fluctuating so much right now, I am weighing three times each day and taking the highest number. Today it dropped to 176.4, but had shown 176 and 176.2 too. Don't know if these numbers will stick around, but I am hoping.

u34p22dhkip9.png

Wow! That's fantastic, work! Yea for you!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: By not eating the chocolate and crisps that were staring at me for two hours, and eating some grapes instead

Love all the smiley faces. I am impressed at how you firmly said no and walked away from the snacks. Did you find yourself okay with that once you walked away...did they call you or were they forgotten? I find that when I say no and walk away (put distance between me and the cookies) the desire goes away. It's like this huge magnetic pull that breaks once I say no and physically turn from the snack. Keep up the great work.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT:
    WOY: Discipline
    How I practiced it yesterday: I exercised at 1030pm. I chose a small bowl for soup. I avoided dessert.

1 Small Daily Change:
    3/6: Tossed the white chocolate chips
    3/7: Revert to drinking 8 cups of water a day instead of the 5-6

JFT:
    Log food (have done this two days in a row. yea yea me)
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Messy in the Middle course
    Exercise
    Journal

A load of laundry
    Bake and Cook for Ally
    Budget
    Cut out fabric for next quilt

Peace and Joy!
    6b81ic2xzqnk.png

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    @Faebert , glad your children are feeling better. It's a huge pressure working and arranging child care.

@Snowflake1968 , love the little one's style...pile it all on at once :) And fancy you being married to her Grampie lol.

It's already evening here, and I completely forgot to log on this morning. Rushed off into town first thing for an eye test. New glasses now on order, going for a change, they're purple.

Then went to son W's house as baby had been up most of the night and his Mum was tired. I watched him all afternoon while she caught up with things and then nipped out for a little while.
    The baby's weight makes me think...he's about 9lbs, and if I hold him for a while he starts feeling quite heavy. And yet I have several "9lbs" to lose :)

So today I'm eating "normally", ie. not over maintenace.
    Walking has been covered by walking to opticians.

LOL! I have to lose about TWO Caseys!!