1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
    5. One healthy after dinner snack
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Yet again I've procrastinated getting ready so I'll keep this quick. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Yesterday 3/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Ask boss about taking 2 days off at the end of the month, if he's in a good mood.. Try again..😞 this time I totally forgot ugh..
    4. Leave work by 5:15😁
    5. Workout after work😁

JFT 3/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Ask boss about taking 2 days off at the end of the month, if he's in a good mood.. Try again..
    4. Leave work by 5:15
    5. Cook dinner
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday
    - Workout :(
    - Breakfast under 300 cal :)
    - 1L of water before soda :)
    - Schedule Dr appt :)
    - Walk at lunch :( Wimped out because it was cold...
    - Lunch under 300 cal :) Just barely
    - Leave work by 5:30 (carpooling with hubby) :)
    - Laundry... there is always laundry. :| I did some, but not enough.
    - Ride the trainer for at least 30 min and core work (Torture session for missing morning workout) :( No real excuse. I was just really tired.
    - Dinner under 600cal :)
    - No snacks or alcohol :)
    - Bed by 10:00 :( Watched a show with hubby that was until 11:00

Yesterday was not so good, especially on the exercise front. I haven't exercised since last Wednesday which isn't like me. Thursday is when my "healthy lifestyle" fell off the rails and led to a 4 day binge fest. There are a lot of stressers going on right now and I find it difficult to want to do anything more than the bare minimum. I just don't have the mental energy which seems to drain my physical energy. Nonetheless, I pulled the diet back together on Monday. As for exercise I can't seem to get up and go to the gym, go for a hike after work or ride the trainer in the evening. It isn't like I don't have options, I just can't seem to find my "Give a damn". Sounds crazy being that exercising is the best thing for my emotional well being especially when I'm dealing with things out of my control. Meds are important/necessary for me to be "normal", but working out actually lets me feel joy. Heck, maybe that's the problem, I'm still beating myself up over the binge. IDK. This evening looks bad because we have church, but I think we are doing a Just Dance competition with the teens, so I'll get a little movement in. I never workout Thursday morning, because I weigh in and when I work out I drink like 2 bottles of water. I don't need the extra pounds especially this week. I am kind of accepting of the fact that I won't have lost any weight, but I am nervous to see how much I gained. Sigh...

Sorry, Goals

JFT Wednesday
    -Up early to go to the gym :( Just couldn't get out of bed. Sure I was tired, but I should have gone.
    - Work by 8:00 :) Just barely. I was going to be here at 7:45, but forgot my meds and had to go back for them.
    - Breakfast under 300 cal :) I had a cutie, and will probably have a protein bar in a bit.
    - Plan out and Start HTN project/ cross checks for IV & NH2
    - 1L water before lunch and before I can have a soda
    - Only 2 sodas today
    - Leave work by 5:30
    - Buy a journal and try to get the crazy out of my head and on to paper so I can see it and deal with it.
    - Get my head out of my *kitten* and get my life under control, at least a little
    - Be at church by 6:30. Play Just Dance with the teens. Laugh at hubby trying to dance.
    - Figure out dinner, usually Chick Fil A on Wed. Could be worse.
    - Get laundry from last night out of the dryer and laundry in the washer into the dryer and do another load.
    - No alcohol
    - Allow one low cal snack, hubby made Jello. I really like Jello and it is calorie friendly.
    - Bed by 10:00

@Faebert I really hope your kiddos start feeling better so you can get back to your normal self with your normal schedule.

@littleblackskirt Hang in there. Don't think your stress is any less substantial than that of others. We all deal with stuff and we all struggle. Much love to you.

@Bex953172 Thanks for your insights and advice. Good luck with your move.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 The quilt is absolutely beautiful! You are so talented.

@KKsGirl Thanks for sharing the quote ~ this really spoke to me!

@nlmackey98 So sorry you are struggling. Could you focus on just a short workout, nothing major and no gym necessary, to get you started again? Then maybe if you start "feeling it" you can keep on going. I know for me, I workout before work, because I have too many excuses at the end of the day. And I'm not a morning person. So I have to force myself out of bed early. As along as I keep up a routine, I just do it ~ no feeling about it. And it's so great to have it done so I can get down to the rest of my day.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weekly calorie balance: about 1000 in the red

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

How I practised Mindful Moderation yesterday: (copied from @toaljasa - thanks!)
    I moderated myself by not eating a burger. Quite a small win really, but on some days small wins are big ones.

That is one of my husband's pet peeves...too many meetings can keep him from working on his assigned projects.

I also see mindful moderation in your determination in curtailing or rescheduling these meetings so that you will be able to complete assignments and keep a level of energy needed to be productive.

Yea about the burger swap...I love it when I stop and turn and take control of my eating choices. I hope the wine was satisfying:) And that your next burger will be the most flavorful, juiciest, fantastic burger ever, lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday March 5 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿 I forgot again, I need to set a reminder to do this
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂 this was a struggle, I wanted something else, but went to bed instead!
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday March 6 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well yesterday is just better off forgotten. Hubby and I had a little tiff, all my fault, he did nothing wrong just was trying to bug me and blew it out of proportion. We got through it and everything is fine but it was a tense day. Then as we were talking to each other again my Brother called, my Uncle has passed away. He was 83, he went to have a nap after lunch and didn’t wake up. This leaves one Uncle. There were 7 in the family. We lost 3 in 2012, one of them my Dad. My cousin passed a couple weeks ago, I hope the “happrnsvin 3’s” isn’t accurate this time.

I applied for about 15 more jobs yesterday. I received a call back from one, it’s a recruiting agency. I hadn’t realized I applied for one of them. Hubby also got called yesterday to confirm he was going back to his city job this year, so all was not lost.

It is cold again today, a very pretty Hoar Frost on everything, it is so frosty that it is foggy, the sun looks pale behind it all.

Have a great day everyone.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @nlmackey98 Sometimes when I am in an exercise slump I clean my house! The energy and effort put into cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, etc, can act as a jump start for me. And I am burning calories with an added bonus of a clean home! (Even if I have recently cleaned it I do something that gets me moving...wash inside windows, clean out some drawers, etc.)

Anyway, you will get back in the groove...just take one step and then that one step will become two :)

Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    edited March 2019
    Options
    KKsGirl wrote: »
    yi8ncxu6scpq.jpeg

This is a great quote for messy in the middle people. We are getting stronger and pushing through the slog :)

Thanks.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/5 T ~ Hit wrong button on alarm clock & slept... making today a rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 9,325 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 35 floors :smile:
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / no snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Snack attack after work before supper but not so horrible. Net calories -189 :# , sodium -234, sugar green 2, fiber ok-ish, protein ok, 15c water :smiley:
    3) Complete summaries for UTH (79/139) = Unexpectedly had other issues pop up & had to deal w/ too many nincompoops ~ GAH! :angry: Hopefully, things are now resolved. Progress on summaries up to 102/139. :|
    4) Evening: Post Office & mail :s / wash towels :smiley: (start as soon as get home) / wash dishes :smiley: / other to-do's? texted Maru re tax appt. & organized other papers :smile:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: even though I heard my phone pinging, I ignored it :star: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smile: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv OFF 10:20 :smiley: went upstairs & didn't turn on tv for news/other = WIN!!! :star: (x-train before work W)

JFT 3/6 Ash Wednesday
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work = Feel like I'm getting stronger. Sets not as hard & I've increased reps. (Next will be increase weights.) My balance is improving & I can see muscle definition starting in my upper arms. Wowie!!! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper unknown ~ soup supper at church before service & plan is 1 piece bread (I love my carbs) & 1 small dessert (if it's worth it) with soup(s) / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Evening: really, MAIL THE STUFF / church 6:00 for supper & service 7:00 / put clean dishes away / some decluttering? / other? maybe prep clothes for Th snowshoe hike in case lunch meeting gets cancelled (it's happened before)
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (treadmill before work Th)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Bookmeister86 - I have a friend that works for a company that is very meeting heavy. She ended up on stress leave, she said they had meetings all day and were upset when people weren’t getting their jobs done. I don’t understand that mentality by corporate at all. A lot of the companies I have worked for frowned on more than one weekly meeting as a team. The rest was usually drop ins in the office, but again it was limited. I think you have a great strategy moving forward, great job on deciding against the burger.

Zizzybumble - I’m so envious of you getting out walking and seeing signs of spring. It is -23 here again this morning and no snow has melted. Should start melting this weekend though.

Claire5520 - I had a lot of those days at work where I ate anything I brought by 10. Sending peaceful thoughts your way

Bex953172 - you always look at the positive. I myself didn’t go anywhere the last couple of days to save fuel as well.

Clicketykeys - returning to work after a nice vacation always seems to suck.

Littleblackskirt- I hope your back feels better soon. I personally don’t think you need to limit your talk of concern for your son or anything really. We all have one problem or another that is nagging at us, some of us “worse than others”, but truthfully you can’t compare problems. What is weighing you down is weighing you down, by saying someone else’s is worse is not lessening how yours is affecting you. Just my thought. Hope he steps up and fixes his issues soon so you find peace.

Maryrobinson40- Hugs to you! I love the smiles you bring.

KKsGirl - I like that meme!

Nlmackey98- Hugs to you. A lady on another group I read wrote a note the other day to help with her struggles. On one side of the paper she wrote everything troubling her and on the other side she wrote things she could do about them. She said just by doing that she was able to get rid of 80% of her troubles by finding solutions which will give her energy to work on the other 20%. She hopes to revisit it in a month and try to get the 20% lessened.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Goal is 10 pushups today. I got this!

@pointguard02 ... WELCOME! GO FOR IT! YOU'VE GOT THIS!!
    👏👏👏💪
  • toaljasa
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    How I practiced it yesterday: I chose a light meal last night instead of the potato and sausage entree I made the hubs.

JFT:
    Log my food (yesterday, I did this for the first time in weeks, yea me!)
    I will toss the white chips
    Drink 5 cups of water/herbal tea
    Do some kind of stretching/exercising, even if it's just ten minutes worth
    Floss

Bake ccc cookies
    Make white chili, chicken, rice, and broccoli casserole
    tidy guest bathroom
    tidy the den

Pick up Ally at airport
    ski boots

Peace and joy!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bookmeister86 - I have a friend that works for a company that is very meeting heavy. She ended up on stress leave, she said they had meetings all day and were upset when people weren’t getting their jobs done. I don’t understand that mentality by corporate at all. A lot of the companies I have worked for frowned on more than one weekly meeting as a team. The rest was usually drop ins in the office, but again it was limited. I think you have a great strategy moving forward, great job on deciding against the burger.

Zizzybumble - I’m so envious of you getting out walking and seeing signs of spring. It is -23 here again this morning and no snow has melted. Should start melting this weekend though.

Claire5520 - I had a lot of those days at work where I ate anything I brought by 10. Sending peaceful thoughts your way

Bex953172 - you always look at the positive. I myself didn’t go anywhere the last couple of days to save fuel as well.

Clicketykeys - returning to work after a nice vacation always seems to suck.

Littleblackskirt- I hope your back feels better soon. I personally don’t think you need to limit your talk of concern for your son or anything really. We all have one problem or another that is nagging at us, some of us “worse than others”, but truthfully you can’t compare problems. What is weighing you down is weighing you down, by saying someone else’s is worse is not lessening how yours is affecting you. Just my thought. Hope he steps up and fixes his issues soon so you find peace.

Maryrobinson40- Hugs to you! I love the smiles you bring.

KKsGirl - I like that meme!

Nlmackey98- Hugs to you. A lady on another group I read wrote a note the other day to help with her struggles. On one side of the paper she wrote everything troubling her and on the other side she wrote things she could do about them. She said just by doing that she was able to get rid of 80% of her troubles by finding solutions which will give her energy to work on the other 20%. She hopes to revisit it in a month and try to get the 20% lessened.

That's Great Sis @Snowflake1968 ... You bring good things to the table as well. Thank you for
    "SEEING" me. All of my Sisters going for the gusto brings smiles to my face, so I can't help
    but to reciprocate.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    JFT

1,808steps
    .75 MI
    1,129🔥
    10MIN... Fitbit totals for 11a.m. and counting.
    Now I'm about to go cook, clean, organize, trash, drink,exercise again, and read... That
    about sums up my "Do's" for today.
    Love to you all! Make it A Great/Strong finish to your day.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @nlmackey98 Sometimes when I am in an exercise slump I clean my house! The energy and effort put into cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping, etc, can act as a jump start for me. And I am burning calories with an added bonus of a clean home! (Even if I have recently cleaned it I do something that gets me moving...wash inside windows, clean out some drawers, etc.)

Anyway, you will get back in the groove...just take one step and then that one step will become two :)

Peace and joy.
    Thank you so much

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT 2-5-19

1. Log all food😁
    2. Prep lunch for Matt😁Lunch yes. Dinner no. Not that he would have had a chance to eat it anyway
    3. Do laundry😁I was being a brat and really didn't want to but I buckled down and went to the laundromat... Rewarded myself with an ice cream cone. It was very yummy but super high in calories...
    4. Clean yoga mat😁 I need to buy a new cleaner
    5.Yoga!😁I went for the first time in like a year. I had a lot of fun
    6. Bank 😑ATM instead.
    7. Work on AT LEAST one scene in AR🤬 Laptop charger died! Will have to wait until Thursday or do it some other way
    8. Update check book 😑
    9. Make myself dinner 😑 Got a salad from Wawa
    10. March challenge (I've been terrible at this!) 😑 Totally forgot
    11. Bed by midnight. 🤣😂More like 1:45

Wow... It's almost 2pm! I guess getting out of bed at 11 does that. Lol. I wanted to go to a yoga class this morning but got the time wrong and slept though it and then got up and drove to the studio to go to the one after and it was cancelled for the day... Joy. So I did a yoga video at home instead. Wow am I out of shape! Had a really hard time with some of the basic moves! I can't believe it! So I guess it's something I'm going to have to work on now. I really do enjoy it. I forgot how much.

JFT 3-6-19

1. Log all food
    2. Pick up D from shop @ 3
    3. Doc appt @ 445
    4. Figure out dinner
    5. Pick up desk @ 630
    6. Call about book donations
    7. Update check book
    8. Take out money
    9. DH time
    10. Bed by 10