Finish reading book about building back strength YES
    March challenge - walk NO PROPER WALK, JUST DOWN STREET TO SHOP WITH FRIEND

JFT 5th March

Moisturize
    Start logging again
    Eat some vegetables!
    Do back exercises
    Visit parents
    The boring stuff - wash dishes, wash clothes, clean bathroom, clear the paperwork!
    Food shopping

Have you ever had a toasted scone?
    Sounds crazy but honestly, its amazing!
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1, I will stay within my 1200 calorie allowance.
    2, I will swim for at least 30 minutes
    3, I will start measuring my waist and thighs as the scales arent relating to my drop in clothes size xx
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Good morning! I have to be quick as I have been procrastinating getting ready..

Yesterday 3/4:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Ask boss about taking 2 days off at the end of the month, if he's in a good mood lol☹️ nope.. He was not in a good mood.. He's been in less and less of those lately 😞
    4. Leave work by 5:15😑 it was more like almost 5:30
    5. Buy groceries😁
    6. Cook dinner😁

JFT 3/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Ask boss about taking 2 days off at the end of the month, if he's in a good mood.. Try again..
    4. Leave work by 5:15
    5. Workout after work
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I don't think I have! I'm not sure this is good information for me to have, guess what I'll want to try now lol :)

• tlc4pit
    tlc4pit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Having a heck of a time staying on track. Yesterday I started out my day logging, but then fell off when I passed my 1200 calorie limit. Then I felt so tired I didn't exercise either. Very frustrated with myself.

3/5
    Log ALL food
    Go for a 30 min walk
    Write in my journal
    Stay positive!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    tlc4pit wrote: »
    Having a heck of a time staying on track. Yesterday I started out my day logging, but then fell off when I passed my 1200 calorie limit. Then I felt so tired I didn't exercise either. Very frustrated with myself.

I may be the queen of self-frustration. Lately, I have been way out of sorts. I have a tendency to not log or stop logging when I really don't want to see exactly what I'm doing. Of course, then I have no idea where I stand for the week. Is it something I can make up with a little extra exercise and by paying closer attention to my choices and portions, or do I need to expect to see a gain on the scale? Honestly, I can deal with either scenario, but personally I do better when I know what to expect.

As for working out, after eating more than normal, I almost never workout UNLESS I am meeting a workout partner. Sometimes the tiredness will go away when you start moving. If you can find someone to meet and workout, it is great accountability. For me I usually workout really early in the morning before the weight of the day falls on my shoulders.

Writing this out helps me realize that my choices are my choices. Good or bad they don't need to define me, I just need to accept them and their outcome.

I hope you have a better day.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options

I don't think I have! I'm not sure this is good information for me to have, guess what I'll want to try now lol :)

Haha it might just change your outlook on scones forever!
  • tlc4pit
    tlc4pit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

I may be the queen of self-frustration. Lately, I have been way out of sorts. I have a tendency to not log or stop logging when I really don't want to see exactly what I'm doing. Of course, then I have no idea where I stand for the week. Is it something I can make up with a little extra exercise and by paying closer attention to my choices and portions, or do I need to expect to see a gain on the scale? Honestly, I can deal with either scenario, but personally I do better when I know what to expect.

As for working out, after eating more than normal, I almost never workout UNLESS I am meeting a workout partner. Sometimes the tiredness will go away when you start moving. If you can find someone to meet and workout, it is great accountability. For me I usually workout really early in the morning before the weight of the day falls on my shoulders.

Writing this out helps me realize that my choices are my choices. Good or bad they don't need to define me, I just need to accept them and their outcome.

I hope you have a better day.

Thank you! :smile:
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Sorry I've been out of sorts lately. Mood tanked and and so did my ability to deal with the basic things in life. Goals were beyond me. I'm still rubbish, but climbing out enough to recognize that this site is important to my well being. If I write it, I'm more likely to live it. Now to try to move past the past.

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00 :) Really no choice my car is in the shop so I'm carpooling with hubby. We should really do this more often, but we never know what will come up that keeps us here late.
    - One liter of H2O before soda. :) 1L in at 9:00
    - Protein bar instead of cookies for breakfast. :)
    - Walk at lunch. Its a bit snowy and cold so it may be a short walk. :( Got busy and it was cold, but those are excuses.
    - Call Doc and reschedule appt. :( Damn forgot
    - Lunch under 300 cal :)
    - Figure out the evening schedule. Choir/Theater/Tennis & homework. Harder when we are down a car. Thankfully the other kid can drive herself. :) Kids got everywhere they needed to be.
    - Dinner within calories. :* I kind of skipped dinner.
    - No snacks. No alcohol. Pretty sure I had enough of both the last few days to cover me for a while. :)
    - Maybe start journaling again. :( Need to buy a journal
    - Bed by 10:00. :)

JFT Tuesday
    - Workout :(
    - Breakfast under 300 cal :)
    - 1L of water before soda :)
    - Schedule Dr appt
    - Walk at lunch
    - Lunch under 300 cal
    - Leave work by 5:30 (carpooling with hubby)
    - Laundry... there is always laundry.
    - Ride the trainer for at least 30 min and core work (Torture session for missing morning workout)
    - Dinner under 600cal
    - No snacks or alcohol
    - Bed by 10:00

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Meeting.
    3. Class 1-2: Presentations. HW: Creativity / compounds. (Review compounds)
    4. Planning: A - Grade late work. B - Input grades. C - Discussion post. D - Grade analysis presentations.
    5. Class 4: Grammar - compound sentences. Chromebooks - Intro/conclusion work.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Discussion comments.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

I'm back! So glad we made it safely. Getting back into the swing of things with my classes is a little stressful. I kind of miss being responsibility-free but it's nice to have some purpose again. The weather for the cruise was absolutely perfect - balmy blue skies with puffy clouds the whole way. Now we're back in the cold again, but it's not TOO bad because at least I'm inside and the view out the window is of sunshine and blue skies. I can pretend the beach is nearby ;D
  • zettyt
    zettyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    JFT
    I will log all my food
    get fitbit steps in
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

1. Log all food 😄
    2. Go to the gym for a bit😄
    3. Food shopping😄
    4. Take out the trash😑 Forgot. Will make Matt do it today.
    5. Work on summary of next scene in WIP😑 I really could have but Facebook stole my evening and part of me just didn't want to.
    6. Bed at a decent time(I need to get up at a decent time again. I've been sleeping waay too late.)😑 11ish... Again Facebook.

JFT 2-5-19

1. Log all food
    2. Prep lunch for Matt
    3. Do laundry
    4. Clean yoga mat
    5.Yoga!
    6. Bank
    7. Work on AT LEAST one scene in AR
    8. Update check book
    9. Make myself dinner
    10. March challenge (I've been terrible at this!)
    11. Bed by midnight.

Even though I went to bed later than I wanted I still got up at 830 this morning. Matt closes his store tonight so we could have slept in but with his new sleep schedule he gets up early every day now. Lol. Sometimes I get up with him and sometimes I don't. Today was a get up early day. Lol.

I've decided that I want to start doing yoga again. I loved it for like 6 months and then fell out of the practice. There's a yoga studio downtown. The classes are only $15 so I'm going to try a few classes and see how I like it. I usually do my practice at home with YouTube videos. So we'll see. I'll let you guys know!
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I logged my food yesterday and went waaaaaaayyyyyyyy over my 1500 calories...lol
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. 2 waters before lunch. 1/hour after :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Cook lunch and dinner at home :)
    4. Log all food :)
    5. Move laundry :)
    6. Empty dishwasher :)
    7. Be kind :)
    8. Bed by 930 :)
    9. Weigh in = 186 - consider and plan some realistic goals, and plans on how to get there. :) Back to basics - I have about a month til a florida vacation to visit my dad, and about 3.5 months to wedding. So I'll be doing my morning smoothie, packing my lunches, and eating a healthy snack. Dinner will be whatever, but the proper portion size. And I'll do some food prep once/week whenever I can fit it in. This is all a bit diffucult with plans always changing as far as work schedule goes - but the more I work the less I can eat :D Need to remind myself of the 80/20 rule - its okay to indulge every once in a while - 20% of the time! But 80% of the time I need to make reasonable choices. Back to daily weigh ins - I dont have to log it all, but I do need to be mindful.

JFT Tues
    1. 2 waters before lunch
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Log all food
    4. Empty dishwasher
    5. Move laundry
    6. Be Kind
    7. Bed by 9:30

JFT Weds AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Pack lunch
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    JFT (Monday) TENACITY / TENACIOUS

Daily Intake: :)
    Log every bite. :smile:
    Stay in the green :smile:
    Eat only when sitting :smile:
    Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present. :smile:
    Eat only if actually hungry. :smile: Didn't finish my evening snack because I was full. That's a big win for me.
    Give mysef credit: star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green :star:
    Drink 64 oz of water :smile:

Activity :flushed:I shouldn't set myself up like this when I'm home, sick.
    30 minutes activity to include:
    6000 FitBit steps
    Body Groove or Wii Fit
    Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    Check out the gym and see if membership is still active
    Miscellaneous
    Half Size Me Podcast :smile:
    Pack up another donate bag(s) & drop off :wink: Didn't drop off, but did bag up.
    Read a chapter from "The Wahls Protocol" :confused:
    Finish my "March" bullet journal pages :smile:
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight :smile: But woke up still not feeling well, so I am home again.
    March bills / budget / start gathering 2018 tax paperwork :frowning:Nope, Nope, Nope
    Gratitude Journal | Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance | Calm app :smile:

JFT (Tuesday) TENACITY / TENACIOUS

Daily Intake:
    Log every bite.
    Stay in the green
    <29g added sugar
    Eat only when sitting
    Eat mindfully. Enjoy each bite. Be present.
    Eat only if actually hungry.
    Give mysef credit: star on the kitchen calendar if I stay green
    Drink 64 oz of water

Activity
    30 minutes activity to include:
    6000 FitBit steps
    Body Groove or Wii Fit
    Lift hand weights. Start with 10 reps, targeting 3 different muscle groups
    Check out the gym and see if membership is still active

Miscellaneous
    Half Size Me - either forum or podcast
    Read a chapter from "The Wahls Protocol"
    Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    March bills / budget / start gathering 2018 tax paperwork
    Gratitude Journal | Joyce or Dodie | Simple Abundance | Calm app
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

3/5
    Log ALL food
    Go for a 30 min walk
    Write in my journal
    Stay positive!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!

I had a terrible time sticking to 1200 calorie that MFP generated as my daily target. I've tried a dozen different approaches since then and one of the best ideas I came across was to try for one or two weeks to just maintain my weight right where it was. Track my food while maintaining (not gaining, not losing) and then when I find out how many calories I can eat to stay the same weight, then decrease THAT number by a couple hundred until I am able to consistently do that, and maybe decrease another 100 if its realistic, depending up on how I am doing and feeling.

I just finished maintaining for the past couple of weeks and this week I have decreased my calorie target by 150 calories. Once I can stay in the green and not go over that, I will decrease by another 100 calories.

I like this approach because for me, 1200 calories just isn't enough and I will go over that number every single day. If I fail every single day, I will eventually give up.

I don't know your situation, but I wanted to share this approach because it just really resonated with me. Had I tried to maintain a year or two ago when I first started not feeling healthy, I wouldn't have this additional 20 lbs to lose now!

Hang in there! This is a life-changing marathon, not a sprint! xoxoxo :heart:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/4 M ~ Actually woke up 7 min. before early alarm & let myself relax in bed before getting up after snooze alarm... felt so good. Reminding myself that, with time change this weekend (already?!?), it will be pitch black again when early alarm goes off, so be mentally prepared. We are on eastern side of time zone. B)
    1) Treadmill before work 3 mi 49:56 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,123 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 60 floors :smiley:
    3) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / no snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Stuck with plans & net calories green 11 :smiley: , sodium -204, sugar -7, fiber low-ish, protein ok & 15c water :smiley:
    4) Complete summaries for UTH (76/139) :/ too many other things + had to fix goofy errors I found / catch-up Inbox backlog :smiley:
    5) Evening: mail check & other misc. :/ / organize final tax docs & message Maru to arrange meeting :smiley: / wash dishes :/ / other to-do's? lots of decluttering :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :s (x-train before work T)

JFT 3/5 T ~ Hit wrong button on alarm clock & slept... making today a rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Usual breakfast & snacks / leftovers for lunch & supper / no snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Complete summaries for UTH (79/139)
    4) Evening: Post Office & mail / wash towels (start as soon as get home) / wash dishes / other to-do's?
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv OFF 10:20 (x-train before work W)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Ive decided that im gonna give MFP a break.
    Not in posting here but the actual goals and stuff, ive just got so much on.

The actual goals are kind of, you know, the point of posting here.

And sometimes the goal needs to be to give yourself a break because things are tough and come back to it when you’re in the right frame of mind. @bex953172 gives great advice and support so whether she is posting goals or not I always value her presence on this thread.

Totally agree with @Faebert. Yay @Bex953172 !
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday March 4 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿 I completely forgot
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday March 5 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today I am planning on spending more time on the job boards and maybe going to help my friend, truthfully though I think I’ll probably just stay home.

I have been invited to my cousins this week, she is willing to pay for the gas for me to go. I know if I do go though that we’ll eat too much junk and just sit around talking. I told her no because I really can’t afford the gas for it either, but she wants me to come so badly that she’ll pay for gas.

I will have to decide.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Mytime6630 - I so agree with you about the scale. It is up down, up down for me too. Mine is between 177-179 and has been for weeks and weeks. It’s why I started doing averages. I don’t understand it. Yesterday I was 179.6 today I was 176.2. This is the lowest number I’ve seen but I’m not sure I believe it.

thank you for your support. I am not doing the March challenge yet as it’s been so very cold here. Our driveway and sidewalks are still layers and layers of ice, so I’m doing planks instead. Next week we are supposed to go above 0 and I’m hoping it stays that way! It’s been a long miserable Fall and Winter, we got our first snowfall on Sept 13 and it stayed cold and miserable since. This was after August that was too smoky to get out and walk. I think my last outside walk was October. In saying all of that I should say that we are very fortunate to have lots of lots of windows and we see the sun shining.

I think I’m just down because I want to work and have the money I need to make life easier. EI is about 1000 a month less than I normally earn. That’s a substantial difference. I didn’t hear anything on the job I really wanted, I’m not hearing anything on any of them. I can see on Indeed if my resume has been viewed and it’s only been viewed about 4 times now. It’s a really tough job market.

I hadn’t thought about volunteering, but maybe that is something I should look into.

Hegoddard0928 - that is a fancy sink stopper! It looks like a little strainer with a cap. It’s very nice. It’s not available in Canada and would cost the price again to have it imported here. I thought that was funny.

Maryrobinson40- sounds like a great day, cute servers are always a nice bonus. Oh man, I have the same issue! I have been fighting facial hair for about 15 years now. I have tweezers everywhere. In the car, by my couch, in my purse. I haven’t found anything that helps. The creams all break my skin out terribly. I had a no no it didn’t work on a dark skinned friend of mine so she gave it to me, it didn’t work for me either. There is one called Finishing Touch I bought at Walmart. It works nicely but I’ve found it actually made more come in so I’ve gone back to tweezing. I will probably still use it for special occasions. My doctor suggested going to an esthetician but I haven’t been yet.

PackerfaninGB- I swear I’ve seen my girls in messes like that. They used to really get into things. I hope you start feeling better soon. I like the approach you are taking with the calories.

Faebert - I really hope everyone starts feeling better soon and you don’t get it in the meantime. 100% agree with you about Bex, I love seeing her posts and her encouragement.

Bex953172 - I sucked at getting the girls to school on time too. They were better at it than I was when they were old enough to be in their own to get there. How is all the packing going? You must be exhausted?

Nlmackey98- I found that was one of the best things about this group for me, even days I overeat I want to log so I can be as accountable to myself as I am to the group.

Clicketykeys - welcome back!