JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit defeated this morning. We went back to school after a week’s break on 25th February, and since then there has been just one day when both my children were well enough to go. Thought we would be ok for today but last night the little one woke me to say she had been sick. So more late night laundry, hugs and comforting and this morning more childcare headaches to resolve. I also ended up snacking while sorting everything out last night just to keep myself awake and going - but I didn’t need it and it put me over on calories so not helpful. I feel like calling in sick myself and taking a mental health day! But I know how tough it is when we are understaffed and I don’t want to let my colleagues down.

So heading into today I actually don’t know what I will be facing until the girls wake up. Do I prep pancake mix for a special shrove Tuesday breakfast? Do I cancel my yoga class for tonight (again!)? Today’s goals will have to involve a lot of guesswork!

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to work - GaG certificate, intervention during assembly ✅
    - Book gym and yoga classes for the week ✅
    - Confirmn venue has received payment and send P party invitation ✅
    - Amazon order ✅
    - E-salary form ✅
    - Chase plumber ✅
    - Sort refund for N’s present ✅
    - Early night ❎

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Make pancake mix in case girls well enough for it!
    - Call parents for childcare help if needed
    - Home at lunchtime for car (to go to hot yoga tonight if kids ok, to see little one if she’s at home
    - Ask to leave this evening’s meeting early if L at home
    - Hot yoga after work if kids ok
    - Water!
    - No tiredness or stress eating - stay focussed!
    - Early night (please let it be uninterrupted by more sickness!)

Sorry I haven’t caught up with everyone. Hope you are all doing well and I will read and catch up soon. X
  • shirazumdraws
    shirazumdraws Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Feeling a bit defeated this morning. We went back to school after a week’s break on 25th February, and since then there has been just one day when both my children were well enough to go. Thought we would be ok for today but last night the little one woke me to say she had been sick. So more late night laundry, hugs and comforting and this morning more childcare headaches to resolve. I also ended up snacking while sorting everything out last night just to keep myself awake and going - but I didn’t need it and it put me over on calories so not helpful. I feel like calling in sick myself and taking a mental health day! But I know how tough it is when we are understaffed and I don’t want to let my colleagues down.

So heading into today I actually don’t know what I will be facing until the girls wake up. Do I prep pancake mix for a special shrove Tuesday breakfast? Do I cancel my yoga class for tonight (again!)? Today’s goals will have to involve a lot of guesswork!

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Amazon order ✅
    - E-salary form ✅
    - Chase plumber ✅
    - Early night ❎

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Home at lunchtime for car (to go to hot yoga tonight if kids ok, to see little one if she’s at home
    - Water!

Sorry I haven’t caught up with everyone. Hope you are all doing well and I will read and catch up soon. X

I have a question to all you mothers, how and when do you wake up in the morning to prepare breakfast for yourself and the kids and also get a morning workout done and have time to take a shower, have breakfast and then drop the kids? How do you do it even? I mean, I have recently gotten married and my father in law stays with us for now. And I am always late in office after preparing their breakfast only. I mean my office is just 10 minutes away, even then I am late and most days I don't have time to have breakfast even. HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE ALL THESE?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    But! We did book, two flights to Chile, which really is super exciting. Went out for pizza to celebrate, which means calories were way over for yesterday, but still in losing weight territory for the week.

Now the planning work begins! We've only booked flights there and back, so now we need to work out exactly what we can fit in within the time, and book some internal flights to get around. It is super huge - we're only going to do the top half but even that is over 1000 miles long!

I love Chile...but I grew up around Chileans and in a place (Oregon) that looks a lot like Chile. You will have a great time! Are you interested in Latin music? Check out Ana Tijoux and Javiera Mena from Chile.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Ive decided that im gonna give MFP a break.
    Not in posting here but the actual goals and stuff, ive just got so much on.

The actual goals are kind of, you know, the point of posting here.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Monday:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. Get new gym membership :smiley:
    3. Plan workouts for the week :)
    4. Track liquids--at least 8C :smile:
    6. 10,000 steps :)
    7. big salad! :smiley: two actually, if you count the low-carb wrap I had for dinner with lettuce, tomato, avocado and sprouts
    Tuesday:
    1. weigh in
    2. pre-track workouts for the week
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. Track liquids--at least 8C
    5. cardio/weight workout
    6. big salad!
    7. no social eating at work

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 5 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise DVD :smile:
    - Knee-strengthening exercises :/ I chose not to do so as lots of similar exercises were in the DVD. I think they sorted out my knees a bit which is good.

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile: More than normal - spaghetti makes me eat slowly! :D
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :neutral: Forgot again. Why is this so hard to remember to do?
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :neutral: Didn't really come up
    - Give myself credit! :neutral: This is hard to remember to do too

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :/ Didn't do any
    - 7h of work only :smile:
    - French homework :neutral: I did some but it didn't even really make a dent in the pile :'( I'm going to have to reserve a whole day for this next weekend to catch up. Going to have to find ways to motivate myself to do this! I need some kind of (non food) rewards to bribe myself with...
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :'( No, me and the boyfriend argued AGAIN. This is happening too much lately! We're going to talk some of the stuff through tomorrow and hopefully put some ideas together for how we can improve the things we argued about

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Knee-strengthening exercises

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Catch up on emails
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast
    - Leave work by 6pm
    - Washing up!!!
    - Quality time / relationship discussion with boyfriend
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 80 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

@bookmeister86 Chile!!! How exciting! I know if I were booking a trip as awesome as that, that my husband and I would be growling at each other like a couple of wild cats. It's got to be kind of a form of stress, I think, even though it is good stress? I cannot wait to see your pictures. I really enjoyed your pics of VietNam last year. Beautiful! I hope you share again...(hint hint :smile:) How do you pick where you want to go on your holidays? Such interesting locations!

It is a bit stressful, and the stress is only just beginning, we've got tons of things to book now in order to ensure we can make it round a massive country in time for our flight home!! :#

But worth it :smile: I am pretty excited! I'm hoping it's not too cold. It's weird planning holidays in the southern hemisphere as everything is the wrong way round (sorry, I mean the opposite way round ;) ) We realised we would have been much better sticking with our original plan of April rather than May weather wise, but April was just too soon to organise it!

I'm not quite sure how we end up picking destinations, it's different every time. I think this time, we did a wine course a while ago and there was a Chile/Argentina week where there were beautiful pictures of vineyards in the mountains, and I think since then I've had an idea about going there in the back of my mind (I like my wine, lol).

Then when it came down to actually choosing, we basically went to the library and took out travel books for all of the countries that we fancied going to, focusing on Africa/ South America/ Central America. We focused only on new continents (excluding Australasia/Oceania as it is FAR) as we wanted to go somewhere completely different from anywhere we'd been before. Then we filtered and narrowed it down based on:

- How awesome they sounded
    - How much faff it seemed they would be to organise in a short space of time (e.g. whether would need lots of vaccinations/ anti malarials, whether you really need to book things further in advance to enjoy them). This ruled out lots of countries
    - How scary they sounded in terms of crazy terror threats, robbing tourists at gunpoint, etc. This ruled out quite a few more, sadly

This pretty much left us with the countries I'd fancied going to in the first place! :smile:

It was a shame we ruled out so many countries based on faff and planning, we've decided to be a bit more organised in future and plan out our holidays longer in advance. It seems that you kind of have to plan around the country you want to go to rather than the time you want to go, as for lots of countries you have to do lots of advance booking and also there really are specific times of year to go. Like, we really wanted to go to Patagonia in Chile this time but you really need to go there in December - February as otherwise it's far too cold. We've decided to go to Argentinian Patagonia next winter instead :smile:

I'm excited thinking about it! I will absolutely post some pics if you want to see them. I want to inspire you to take some trips! There are lots of awesome central American countries that aren't that far for you :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Amazon order ✅
    - E-salary form ✅
    - Chase plumber ✅
    - Early night ❎

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Water!

I have a question to all you mothers, how and when do you wake up in the morning to prepare breakfast for yourself and the kids and also get a morning workout done and have time to take a shower, have breakfast and then drop the kids? How do you do it even? I mean, I have recently gotten married and my father in law stays with us for now. And I am always late in office after preparing their breakfast only. I mean my office is just 10 minutes away, even then I am late and most days I don't have time to have breakfast even. HOW DO YOU GUYS MANAGE ALL THESE?

I dont LOL!
    i wake up late every morning, sometimes the eldest wakes ME up!
    This last week theyve been late every day for school, the school office (where i have to sign them in) knows them personally by name now.
    Its a panicked rush everyday.
    I s'pose im lucky though, i dont work so i get to come home and have a coffee and breakfast and i could workout in the day.

Although, if you really wanted to try it, i would prep all their school clothes, bags and shoes at the door, even get your clothes out and ready.
    Go to bed esrly so you can get up early!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Ive decided that im gonna give MFP a break.
    Not in posting here but the actual goals and stuff, ive just got so much on.

The actual goals are kind of, you know, the point of posting here.

Seriously, after the stunt you pulled in 2018? Youre pathetic, get over yourself.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    3/4/19 Mon.
    Weigh: :) 157 lbs
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :) Drank 6!!!
    Stay in the green :)
    Cook chicken :)

JFT 3/5/19 Tues.
    Weigh:
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Stay in the green
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »

JFT - Monday
    Log all foods and stay under calorie goal :)
    Drink 2 bottles of water :)
    15,000 steps - Only 13,000

JFT - Tuesday
    Make sure to weigh and measure EVERYTHING properly for pancake day, all toppings and sauces ect.
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    15,000 steps
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👎massive evening eating fail
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Meditate 👍
    4. Don’t eat any chips👍
    5. Workout at home👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Mardi Gras Party today with pizza and cake so only going to aim to eat in moderation
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. Gym
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    3/4/19 Mon.
    Weigh: :) 157 lbs
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water :) Drank 6!!!
    Stay in the green :)
    Cook chicken :)

JFT 3/5/19 Tues.
    Weigh:
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Stay in the green

Great job on the water! Dont you just love it when you exceed your goal!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I woke up feeling fine. I drank vinegar water... This is one of those please don't try this at home just because I did it
    type things...😂😂😂
    I've gotten in some exercise and I'm feeling good about today. There's no schedule for me today.
    I am expecting to do well.
    Ok. On to another subject... Body Hair ... Yeah! That's right. I said body hair. I love me. I love how
    I'm made. WOMAN😀, BUT!!! I have an issue with the man part of me.... The proverbial facial hair 😯😨
    REALLY?!!! I mean WHOA! MAN👈 🔨
    HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE STUFF? GEE WHIZ?!! I wanna give the man part back😂
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I woke up feeling fine. I drank vinegar water... This is one of those please don't try this at home just because I did it
    type things...😂😂😂
    I've gotten in some exercise and I'm feeling good about today. There's no schedule for me today.
    I am expecting to do well.
    Ok. On to another subject... Body Hair ... Yeah! That's right. I said body hair. I love me. I love how
    I'm made. WOMAN😀, BUT!!! I have an issue with the man part of me.... The proverbial facial hair 😯😨
    REALLY?!!! I mean WHOA! MAN👈 🔨
    HOW DO YOU GET RID OF THE STUFF? GEE WHIZ?!! I wanna give the man part back😂

Have you seen the No!No! thing? Ive not got one, but theyre supposed to be good!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options

JFT 4th March

Moisturize YES
    Meet friend for coffee, don't have cake! YES. NO CAKE, BUT DID HAVE A SCONE
    Finish reading book about building back strength YES
    March challenge - walk NO PROPER WALK, JUST DOWN STREET TO SHOP WITH FRIEND

JFT 5th March

Moisturize
    Start logging again
    Eat some vegetables!
    Do back exercises
    Visit parents
    The boring stuff - wash dishes, wash clothes, clean bathroom, clear the paperwork!
    Food shopping