JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Wear it! Looks good with your skin.
    @snowflake re Etsy & craft fairs -Christmas stuff is good all year long. I've bought Christmas ornaments on vacation as souvenirs (useful & small). Struck out with chips AGAIN today. Only consoling thought is I kept my mouth off the chocolate cake.
    Next week I'll bring some cooked eggs in for breakfast. Thinking if have protein & fat in the am, will be better the rest of day at work.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I had to take a food safety course years ago and found out that 90% I f the time food poisoning is caused from something you ate appropriately 12 hours previous.

Thanks for the suggestions on making money. My daughter contacted me today, she is on a wedding but/sell group, a girl was looking for invitations, my daughter recommended me.😂
    Also I have totally revamped my resume again. Need to update my cover letter and then I’m sending it off to the career counsellor.

I have a good feeling about my resume this time and am not feeling as discouraged as I was feeling.

• monaraehill2
    monaraehill2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I am fasting. This is my first IF day all week. I think my minimum is going to settle at 3. Just guessing on that one, but I did 3 last winter and did not gain. I did not lose, but didn't gain, either. I can do one, easily, 2 sometimes, and 3, really difficult and few and far between.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    JFT ~Thursday (4/04)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    13 Min am exercise: 10m lower body resistance (no weights) + 3 mins stretch
    15 Min clean before work
    Park in town
    Walk 20 mins (to/fro mom’s)
    Work
    Walk 10 mins (5m incline/ 5m back down)

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (reminding myself to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (too keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    So thankful for hubby. He got up and OUT extra early (for him) to take the dog to the vet. And he has grilled the last two nights. Learning to be more grateful for him, as my control issues get in our way.

JFT ~Thursday (4/04)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Plan & Pack meals/Snacks
    Track
    13 Min am exercise: 10m lower body resistance (no weights) + 3 mins stretch
    15 Min clean before work Only 10 minutes.
    Park in town
    Walk 20 mins (to/fro mom’s)
    Work
    Walk 10 mins (5m incline/ 5m back down) +10mins

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face (reminding myself to take care of me - overall wellness)
    Drink hot tea (too keep my tongue happy & fill belly)
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive:
    So thankful for hubby. He got up and OUT extra early (for him) to take the dog to the vet. And he has grilled the last two nights. Learning to be more grateful for him, as my control issues get in our way.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys ~ yes, just routine checkup. Thanks for asking.

So glad I got connected and am able to.post. My Wi-Fi was not responding, I had a fleetingbthought I'll post in am, then thought wonder what's in the kitchen. So so glad I posted instead. Lights out. Good night.
  • Cindy4Change
    Cindy4Change Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Night night everyone. Staying positive. Been a good day.
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I AM IN!!!

I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old and a 2 month old. I had a C section 8 weeks ago so, exercise is limited at the moment... and I am breastfeeding which means, I need to add some extra calories. But I want can DO THIS!!!! I want to lose 50 pounds by the time 2020 arrives and getting into a routine with 2 kiddos is already a huge energy sucker.... but I want to be a better me. I want to learn how eat to live, not live to eat. I have a horrible relationship with food and swear up and down that I have a food addiction... so breaking that habit of going to food regardless of how my day was will be hard for me. I want to put heart healthy foods into my body and limit how many horrible things enter my vessel. Whos with me?

I love accountability and I think this group will be PERFECT. thank you.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @bex953172 I’m a UK teacher. Sorry to hear the little one has food poisoning - you should definitely report it as the council has contracts with the food companies that provide school dinners and they need to be told/investigate if there is a problem. Maybe email the school office and ask which member of staff deals with the catering company and let them know?

Wishing Saskia better x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 - love the lippy! I’m also v nervous about wearing bright colours but I have really thin lips anyway so I need more neutral colours. But the red suits you - go for it! Hope the shoulder is better. A&E queues suck - especially at the weekends. Hugs x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,078 Member
    Options
    Hey i thought food poisoning because she cant hold water down, she said her tummy hurts, its projectile, her poos are giving her some discomfort (i tend to steer clear of her poos lol they STINK.)
    And i know its nothing i gave her, shd had coco pops for breakfast, her dinner the night before was beans and egg with toast.

So after she threw up i asked her what she had for lunch.
    Sausage (with carrots -also present!) And pork is pretty bad for FP.

I suppose i cant rule out stomach bug but it just seemed different
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I AM IN!!!

I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old and a 2 month old. I had a C section 8 weeks ago so, exercise is limited at the moment... and I am breastfeeding which means, I need to add some extra calories. But I want can DO THIS!!!! I want to lose 50 pounds by the time 2020 arrives and getting into a routine with 2 kiddos is already a huge energy sucker.... but I want to be a better me. I want to learn how eat to live, not live to eat. I have a horrible relationship with food and swear up and down that I have a food addiction... so breaking that habit of going to food regardless of how my day was will be hard for me. I want to put heart healthy foods into my body and limit how many horrible things enter my vessel. Whos with me?

I love accountability and I think this group will be PERFECT. thank you.

Hey! We're similar age! Im 27! And i have 3 kids! 5, 2.5, and just turned 1.
    I think daily you will expend up to 500 cals when BFing but its important to eat them back to keep up your supply and that.

I love the oomph you have 8 weeks after a C section! But take it easy!
    I tried to jump back on after having my last and it took me a while to get into it!
    So dont feel discouraged if you find it hard because finding the routine is killer!
    Keep coming back even if youve had a completely pants day!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    m5nc5cqwh74d.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    nbu21u228kdh.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @mytime6630
    Awesome Positivity Post!!! Right on time👏👏👏 😍 😀
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'm new. Goals for tomorrow since it's almost bedtime.
    Go to the gym I just joined
    Keep using my diary app every day
    Do my pt exercises
    Log my food, calories and stay in my range
    Pray often

@Cindy4Change WELCOME!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @twdlove89 ... WELCOME
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Dont know where my post is from yesterday lol but probably didnt achieve much.

Tbh im trying to figure out what i want from my diet. I dont know whether i want to change it up completely. Like a Mediterranean style one or paleo or whatever, i dont know. But i suppose its not an excuse to carry on as i am now.
    And ill still calorie count even when i change diet.

So JFT (Sat)
    I will...
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 8 glasses of water
    - Paint paint paint.

I might...
    - Exercise (we shall see)

I WILL NOT...
    - Binge
    - Estimate weights of food
    - Give up
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @monaraehill2
    WELCOME!🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @paige122012
    Welcome!🌹
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 6 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge

I need to make a start on today, I am feeling lazy but there's yesterday's dishes to do, shopping and housework to look forward to!